Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar and other species

NSStember
02.05.2013 , 10:26 AM | #1
I know this is promised as a Cartel Item, so I'm hoping it's coming "soon". There are a lot of great Star Wars species out there to play, and I know future ideas will depend on how well the Cathar sell, so I'm hoping the ball gets rolling on this

Costello
02.05.2013 , 10:27 AM | #2
Agreed. More Alien Species. And By Alien not coloured humans but real alien looking species such as Trandoshian, Rodian, Gran, Gand, Kel Dor to name but the smallest fraction.

Izorii
02.05.2013 , 12:47 PM | #3
I would like to see other species sold on the Cartel Market - The advantage of new species is they mean new lv1 characaters and if the people running the Cartel Market are lucky people buying start packs, xp boosts and outfits for these new character.

What I would love to see are Kel'dor, Gran, Mon Cal and Trandoshan added. I would be happy even if they are just Skins with static outfits (dont change with gear), with more outfits sold on the Cartel Market.

Personally I see a flaw with the Cartel market that eventually there will be so many outfits and pets and speeders they will have flooded the market and they will need things like alien species to keep peope creating new characters and buying.

GoldenHornet
02.05.2013 , 12:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
...I know future ideas will depend on how well the Cathar sell...
This is the kicker. There's no way in hell I'm wasting real money on cat people, but I really want a Nautolan Commando.

Izorii
02.05.2013 , 12:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
This is the kicker. There's no way in hell I'm wasting real money on cat people, but I really want a Nautolan Commando.

This makes me sad too but the even sadder part is I probably will waste my CC on cat people in the hope it means a species I want is opened up. I will probably also waste CC on the Voss and Kiffar we will probably get after Cathar before getting something actually alien looking.

fresnosmokey
02.05.2013 , 02:38 PM | #6
Well, I wish they'd just ignore Cathar altogether. I'm not a fan of their appearance, either here in SWTOR or Juhani in KOTOR. Now, if they looked more like Catians or Kzinti (Star Trek, Larry Niven), I would go for that. Since we aren't going to get that, I'd rather have more iconic SW races, Rodian, Mon Cal, Bothan, Nautolan, etc. I might even spend real money on those. I'm not dropping a dime on Cathar.

AgentJacen
02.05.2013 , 03:02 PM | #7
Who said they were going to be in the Cartel Market?
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

Vitas
02.05.2013 , 07:29 PM | #8
As much as I'd love to see more playable species, I don't want to see any more on the Cartel Market unless only F2Ps would have to purchase them.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

JediMB
02.05.2013 , 07:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentJacen View Post
Who said they were going to be in the Cartel Market?
Can't recall who it was, but it was someone on BioWare Austin.

It was when they said that how well Cathar sells is going to determine if we're getting more species for purchase later.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Izorii
02.06.2013 , 03:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
As much as I'd love to see more playable species, I don't want to see any more on the Cartel Market unless only F2Ps would have to purchase them.
I think with the fact that Cathar will be on the Cartel market shows how all new species will be unlocked. I know they originally said Cathar would be a legacy species but I think with the move to FTP that has been scrapped. Personally I would be more than happy to buy a species I want to play hell while I am not happy about it I am also probably going to buy Cathar just so they add more (although it looks like I am in the minority and most people dont seem to like the idea of Cathar so I dont suspect they will sell well).