Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My hat off to people who play dedicated tanks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
My hat off to people who play dedicated tanks

fishlivers
02.11.2013 , 03:54 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Gimmie one taunt, one aggro bomb, one stun and one interrupt & I'll tank Godzilla with a whiffle bat and a frisbee.
This has been the highlight of my day! ^-^

On topic: Thanks for recognizing how hard it can be for the tanks, cause once something goes wrong in a FP or OP the follow line is bound to show up in chat "OMG tank why did you let them kill us? you should have been taking aggro"

AlixMV
02.12.2013 , 11:57 AM | #132
Appreciate the love, OP.

I haven't read every single comment, but I agree with people that it takes good quality of every role to make a good group.

Thing is, if you play a tank and pull a bad group? It screws them, because there is nothing worse other role types can do (especially DPS) than piss off a tank enough to put them on /ignore. Tanks are the limiting role in this game for getting Group Finder pops, and you're just shooting yourself in the foot to give you one less Tank in the game wanting to play with you.

As a tank, you will never, ever find a shortage of people to group with.

Makes me way more conscious about it playing my DPS and Healers. I wish everyone realized that and acted accordingly.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Stryklone
02.12.2013 , 12:10 PM | #133
My only Flashpoint grouping with a tank in this game was when I was the tank.

The DPSer didn't adjust his play at all. Therefore it was my fault and ruined his gameplay that he took 2 hits. (Would've taken about a dozen to kill him.)

After that there's no incentive for me to use my tank in any group.

I can only guess treatment like that is why tanks and healers are few and far between in group finder.

It certainly is for my characters.
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?