Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE DPS

I_Sithed_MyPants
02.10.2013 , 12:55 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
This is my rotation which ive never had a problem with:
CreepingTerror>Affliction>DF>Reckless>ForceLightni ng(x2)>CD(with Wrath)>FL rinse repeat
Also a bit more in depth, if I'm not wrong Crushing Darkness is the hardest hitting dot? So you want it to take the most Deathmark charges.

Having creeping terror and affliction eating away at deathmark charges while you channel 2 force lightnings instead of 1 means Crushing Darkness could miss out on a few Deathmark charges. However that's not hugely important, just perfect priority talk
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

Chemic_al
02.10.2013 , 03:42 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by I_Sithed_MyPants View Post
Also a bit more in depth, if I'm not wrong Crushing Darkness is the hardest hitting dot? So you want it to take the most Deathmark charges.
Opposite actually, hits hard up front, but dot ticks are lowest, so you want affliction, creeping terror to get most of em.

Sosajoshua
02.10.2013 , 09:05 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Opposite actually, hits hard up front, but dot ticks are lowest, so you want affliction, creeping terror to get most of em.
Yeah what DM and CD do is it runs the deathmark a lot quicker, lowerin dps. Put it with affliction and CT and dps last longer.
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

SoonerJBD
02.10.2013 , 11:20 AM | #34
Crushing Darkness ticks for less damage but does its damage quicker. There is no real reason to try to use all your deathmark charges on Crushing Darkness, but one thing you have to consider is that Death Field and Crushing Darkness are on the same 15 second cooldown. Keeping them together helps you track the cooldown. At least for me, it also gives a constant to help me also track when Affliction and Creeping Terror might be coming off the target. I cast Death Field and C rushing Darkness back to back in rotation, and most of the other Sorc and Sage DPS I've seen do the same. Fact is, you are going to use most of your deathmark charges on Crushing Darkness anyway because it ticks so much faster. If you try to time it where you are casting Death Field and Crushing Darkness, say, seven seconds apart, you could get one or two more deathmark charges on Creeping Terror and Affliction, but the difference is going to be minimal. It's also going to make it much harder to get your rotation as perfect as possible.

SoonerJBD
02.10.2013 , 11:21 AM | #35
Also, last I checked, you want to use one Recklessness charge on Force Lightning and the other on Death Field.