Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUG requirements for raiding

Lugosi
02.04.2013 , 06:38 PM | #1
So our guild can usually get the majority of the people needed for a SM EC/TFB (we refuse to pug HM as we are still progressing on these), but usually we have to pug a couple spots. In general chat we set up our lfm requirement to have 1800 mainstat (for EV/KP HM we usually just have them tell us what there mainstat is at and decide from there), this is the shortened version if you are too lazy to get your free tionese gear and do a couple FPís we are not taking you. Every single time there are people complaining about this.

Just a few responses in general chat or from a tell:
-Mainstat means nothing.
-Lol, mainstat requirement for TFB/EC SM
-Aim, Strength, Willpower, Cunning (yes, countless times now we have asked people what their mainstat is at and this was the response)
-You donít need 1800 for that raid.

My issue is that it takes very little effort to achieve this requirement yet people still complain. We are tired people joining raids still wearing green gear (for EV/KP HM comm and mount runs) or put no effort what so ever into doing a FP or EV/KP SM. To be honest, when the majority of our guild is geared for EC and TFB HM, we donít want to and shouldnít have to carry you when you clearly have run very little lvl 50 content to begin with and just want a free ride.

What are other people doing when they have to pug a couple spots. Are they just accepting whoever they get the first tell from without knowing what gear they have and hoping things run smoothly? I am not an elitist, far from it actually, I have no problem helping people learn the runs or get better gear, but I mean címon, 1800 is so easy to get to and is a pretty conservative figure.

Is a requirement to having a certain mainstat for a raid really asking too much?
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Segastorm
02.04.2013 , 07:00 PM | #2
It's not too much, but don't base them off of one stat, inspect all of the stats their class needs, and of course, if you find a knight in sage gear, don't take him

mikebevo
02.04.2013 , 07:32 PM | #3
If it is a guild run with a couple pugs, then the raid leader can require whatever they want. Pugs don't like it, don't take them and ignore. They want to take people into SM TfB or HM EC with tionese or lower gear, then they can form their own group. Personally I would require all dps to be augmented, been on to many pug type runs where healers and tank kept everyone alive until enrage, but then everyone wiped. Then have dps yell at me for not healing them through enrage. You hit enrage with everyone alive the entire time, it isnít the tanks or healers fault that is all on dps. Except in certain uncommon situation where healer may have made an epic mistake and healed the target during force leech or something.

I don't think your requirement is to strict. People only wanting full BIS 63 for HM EC or HM TfB is too strict.

FlyinSpaghetti
02.04.2013 , 08:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
So our guild can usually get the majority of the people needed for a SM EC/TFB (we refuse to pug HM as we are still progressing on these), but usually we have to pug a couple spots. In general chat we set up our lfm requirement to have 1800 mainstat (for EV/KP HM we usually just have them tell us what there mainstat is at and decide from there), this is the shortened version if you are too lazy to get your free tionese gear and do a couple FPís we are not taking you. Every single time there are people complaining about this.

-Mainstat means nothing.
-Aim, Strength, Willpower, Cunning (yes, countless times now we have asked people what their mainstat is at and this was the response)

My issue is that it takes very little effort to achieve this requirement yet people still complain. We are tired people joining raids still wearing green gear (for EV/KP HM comm and mount runs) or put no effort what so ever into doing a FP or EV/KP SM. To be honest, when the majority of our guild is geared for EC and TFB HM, we donít want to and shouldnít have to carry you when you clearly have run very little lvl 50 content to begin with and just want a free ride.

What are other people doing when they have to pug a couple spots. Are they just accepting whoever they get the first tell from without knowing what gear they have and hoping things run smoothly? I am not an elitist, far from it actually, I have no problem helping people learn the runs or get better gear, but I mean címon, 1800 is so easy to get to and is a pretty conservative figure.

Is a requirement to having a certain mainstat for a raid really asking too much?
1800 main stat is good enough for the hardmodes let alone the story modes. Someone with 1800 mainstat is going to be at the very least over rakata level, I got two alts just over that in rakata/campaign mix and I know for a fact my sniper cleared EC SM and done TFB SM up to weekly first time with around 1700 with the 9% skill tree buff. My sorc healer who was in plain old rakata at the time healed through a 6 man EV nightmare mode with around 1700 main stat.

Another thing you're forgetting to consider is mod -wise more people are bound to stack secondary stats like power and crit rather than their main stats. My main whom is 2/5 dreadguard and rest campaign sit around 1900 without a stim but I have around 1000 power instead of the heavy mainstat 27A mods. In comparison you'd be requesting that every pug that joined was geared to at least mostly 61's with some bits augmented just for a story mode that drops lesser gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Raideag
02.05.2013 , 02:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
It's not too much, but don't base them off of one stat, inspect all of the stats their class needs, and of course, if you find a knight in sage gear, don't take him
Well it would be nice to inspect players and their companions gear, however when I inspect a player I still keep seeing my gear instead of theirs. So until they patch fix inspecting players it's kinda worthless to inspect players.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

slafko
02.05.2013 , 02:23 AM | #6
Dismiss your companion and then inspect players.

Fiamma_Verde
02.05.2013 , 02:38 AM | #7
It's your run and you can take whomever you like, but honestly 1800 seems a little high. I mean TFB/EC SM shouldn't need BH gear to accomplish. :P

I've seen people with 1200 mainstat pull off some crazy dps, and honestly a person with lesser gear who knows the fights would probably be preferable . Plus if you guys are geared for the HMs anyhow, bringing a slightly lesser geared player shouldn't be a problem as long as he isn't hindering the group in any way.

DataBeaver
02.05.2013 , 03:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
-Mainstat means nothing.
I'm both amused and depressed by some of these responses. Especially the third one.

1800 does seem a bit high though, at least if it's without any buffs or stims. My gunslinger has 1788 cunning with mostly BH and Rakata gear and a few stray columi mods. She has successfully completed EC SM as a filler to a guild run and KP HM in a complete PUG. With the consular buff and an exotech stim, her cunning is pushed well above 2000 though. Most of her gear isn't augmented either, because I have a difficult personality.

Of course, high stats can provide some compensation for lack of skill. It's just a shame that setting a stat requirement favors those who have taken shortcuts and bought their equipment without learning to play properly (see here for an example), while potentially excluding skilled but less geared players.

Pubsam
02.05.2013 , 10:06 AM | #9
As some have hinted at, mainstat level might not be that high for a well-geared person using unlettered mods and power augments, so it's not necessarily a great metric.

Here's what my guild looks for in an EC or TFB SM pug:
Do you have a decent health pool?
Do you know the fights or have vent?

We're not raiding superstars, but the pugs have never prevented a clear. And we're usually doing full runs trying to get the end stabilizers for some new alt or something. I guess I can see having requirements if you're just trying to get the weekly done as quickly as possible. But otherwise why be such a snob? The last few people we recruited were from TFB runs. They didn't have a lot of gear (actually NEEDED some of the Rakata!), or even knew the fights past the weekly, but they learned quickly and handled mechanics well. Be willing to give a chance to your server's talented but undergeared, and you may not have to pug these runs in the future.
Time for a nap.

jasonthelamb
02.05.2013 , 10:36 AM | #10
I have 2380 strength... but I think that doing any content shy of TfB HM doesn't require much more than 1800 strength.