Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alas, Duchess Satine

Slowpokeking
02.05.2013 , 12:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Hi guys, I am late....

What book is this?
Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy.

TheBBP
02.05.2013 , 12:39 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy.
Thank you.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

JesterSithMaster
02.09.2013 , 01:09 PM | #43
All I got to say is that Satine died cause she needed to. Sorry, but origional cannon has ALWAYS had a Mandalore in charge of the Mandalorians. They killed the duchess off because it created an enormous breach of Star Wars history that pissed off a lot of fans, and it also invalidated Karen Travis's Republic Commandos books (which is why she stopped writing that series).

Yes I understand that the origional poster has a strong attachment to Duchess Satine, but her prescence was such a contradictory one. I have no problem with people trying to create new storylines in Star Wars, but they cannot mess with things that were suppose to be set in stone.

Beniboybling
02.09.2013 , 01:16 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterSithMaster View Post
All I got to say is that Satine died cause she needed to. Sorry, but origional cannon has ALWAYS had a Mandalore in charge of the Mandalorians. They killed the duchess off because it created an enormous breach of Star Wars history that pissed off a lot of fans, and it also invalidated Karen Travis's Republic Commandos books (which is why she stopped writing that series).

Yes I understand that the origional poster has a strong attachment to Duchess Satine, but her prescence was such a contradictory one. I have no problem with people trying to create new storylines in Star Wars, but they cannot mess with things that were suppose to be set in stone.
I hope your not implying that her death was shoehorned in to please some rowdy fans, because this is incorrect. This is just a realization of their awesome ability to tell stories and desire not to make some crappy story where the Mandalorians sat on Mandalore doing jack all, maybe annoying the Republic a bit, and then getting put down. That would have sucked. I much prefer this story which was obviously planned from the very beginning. Kinda funny that Karen Travis 'resigned' when the story never ended up invalidating her work. :P

DarthMalt
02.10.2013 , 08:51 AM | #45
Ironicly it shows how different Obi is from Anikin as well as the similarities. And we get the set up for the EU from the old Marvel comics series where Luke and co help Fenn Shysa later. Repubs come in, never leave and become the Empire after ep 3.

Slowpokeking
02.10.2013 , 12:45 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMalt View Post
Ironicly it shows how different Obi is from Anikin as well as the similarities. And we get the set up for the EU from the old Marvel comics series where Luke and co help Fenn Shysa later. Repubs come in, never leave and become the Empire after ep 3.
Both went too extreme.

Darth__Carnal
02.11.2013 , 08:33 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I just hate the fact Obi-Wan said "I would have given up the jedi order, had you given the word" then a season later he refuses and taunts maul into butchering her.
Plot hole much?
He was obviously talking about the old days when once upon a time Obiwan was still a Padawan under Qui Gon. Since then, Obi has become a Jedi Master and has matured. Winning the Clone Wars is top priority, he couldn't just walk away from something like that.

On a side note, Obiwan as a Padawan was always ready to leave the Jedi Order for one reason or another. In a lot of ways Anakin is more mature in that regard, which is kinda funny given their personalities.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)