Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

TIred of PVP


mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
02.02.2013 , 07:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I've been enjoying SWTOR PvP for a long time but lately I'm a bit exhausted.

The 1.4 changes to Resolve, the buff to Rage/Focus and the bubblestun all contribute to make PvP a very taxing experience. I spend way too much time not in control of my character; almost everyone opens their rotation with a hard stun and you usually have white bar only in the respawn area.

Making all stuns break on damage or changing Resolve so that it drains a LOT slower would go a long way towards fixing the problems. Also Focus/Rage should be rolled back to 1.3.
this ... make ALL stuns break on damage!!!

jibboo's Avatar


jibboo
02.02.2013 , 07:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post

They will be nerfed next patch....same with sorcs...
That sure would be nice, but the last few patches show otherwise.
Zimbra - Assassin

Royox's Avatar


Royox
02.02.2013 , 10:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
That sure would be nice, but the last few patches show otherwise.
1.7 path will be a PvP patch with ilum and ****.

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
02.02.2013 , 11:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Been playing since day 1 this game and this week has been too much for me.

It could be just me but I'm tired of being "bubblestunned" even when I'm not fighting Sorcs and I'm tired of being literaly destroyed every time a retarded decides to charge+smash me with 5-6k dmg....EVEN I'M FULL WAR HERO and have 4 elite war hero pieces.

Every WZ the same.....everybody bubbled and 4-5 smashers dealing 6k AOE dmg....I'm god dammit bored.

What should I do? Rerroll smasher? They will be nerfed next patch....same with sorcs...
Bubble stun just needs to add resolve and it's fixed, stop complaining about it honestly. Every class is good at atleast 1 thing. Bubblestun is all sorcs have and you're moaning about it to get it nerfed. Keep asking for nerfs and sooner or later every class is just going to be better off using default attacks whole game.

Oh, and if you're convinced that they'll be nerfed next patch, why make this thread? just wait it out.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.02.2013 , 11:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Every WZ the same.....everybody bubbled and 4-5 smashers dealing 6k AOE dmg....I'm god dammit bored...
it only takes 2 smashers. and don't let them fool you. dispatch does ~4.5k dmg, and force scream does 1.5-2. I have mox, but I don't normally parse my data to say what these abils hit for regularly. these are just killing blows that my in-game chat reports. my point is that it's not like you're only eating 12k every 12s from 2 smashers. it's 12k + 6k + 1.5k (2x auto attacks) + 8k in dispatches.

all of that said, I very rarely see 4-5 smashers - outside of cool guys respecing in vstar.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.02.2013 , 11:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
I've rolled a few new classes, didn't help. It's still just more of the same in every warzone and there's no real incentive. Doesnt matter how fun a thing was at the start, at some point you need to spice it up or add new elements of fun or it's going to get old.
pyro PT has surprisingly good survivability against smashers. the way I play pyro effectively (although I hold delusions about being elite) is to embrace the hybrid philosophy: kite all melee and get in the grill of all healers or ranged. (except snipers who can't be interrupted anyway).

this makes fighting a smasher pretty similar to carnage/annihlation maras, sins, and ops: keep them between 6-10m. keep moving. you have near maximum burst by doing this (cannot rocket punch to proc rail) but they are far more limited. save your 2 stuns for the instant they leap. don't worry about gbtf stuns. you're moving. you can let it fall off by continuing to kite.

another plus to the pyro is that his taunts are good from 30m. so if a couple smashers are mashing your melee, you can toss an area taunt in there from 30m and then go to work on one of the ranged/heals units that are supporting the smashers. edit: i prefer the area taunt to the single target because it's less conspicuous, so they often don't realize I've taunted them...in addition to hitting multiple targets.

basically, my suggestion in countering smashers is to do anything BUT become a bubble stunner. that is the worst fotm class I have ever run into. I spent the salad days for VGs as a mando, btw, so I have the "outside looking in" perspective on both (lest anyone think I'm just an ex-fotm who misses his throne). bubble stun ruins life for all of my toons - except the VG honestly. again, it's the 10m thing.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
02.02.2013 , 12:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it only takes 2 smashers. and don't let them fool you. dispatch does ~4.5k dmg, and force scream does 1.5-2. I have mox, but I don't normally parse my data to say what these abils hit for regularly. these are just killing blows that my in-game chat reports. my point is that it's not like you're only eating 12k every 12s from 2 smashers. it's 12k + 6k + 1.5k (2x auto attacks) + 8k in dispatches.

all of that said, I very rarely see 4-5 smashers - outside of cool guys respecing in vstar.
While it's true that smashers don't just smash, almost any dps class can do more damage faster than a smasher vs 1 target. 2 snipers, pts, carnage maras, etc. will kill you faster than 2 smashers can (all else being equal).

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.02.2013 , 01:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
While it's true that smashers don't just smash, almost any dps class can do more damage faster than a smasher vs 1 target. 2 snipers, pts, carnage maras, etc. will kill you faster than 2 smashers can (all else being equal).
Yep. this is true. 99% of the smashers are just decent dps 1v1. however, it's not one smasher that is the problem. it's kind of a pvplague. not to the extent that the op says (4-5 is unrealistic), but just 2 is a lot. 3 makes WZs...kind of unbearable. not nearly as unplayable - actually, just unfun - as bubble stuns. but...w/e. this has all been said before.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

BoskiCesiu's Avatar


BoskiCesiu
02.04.2013 , 12:00 PM | #29
For me (I play commando) wz are unplayable - my survival, my dps is a joke when I see 5-6 juggernauts/marauders on my face. I cant moving, I cant fight, I only dying! Its ridiculous and tired. Now we have warsones two classes - jagg/guard and maraud/sentin. Thats boring. This game can be better but we need better balance.

Fayme's Avatar


Fayme
02.04.2013 , 01:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I've been enjoying SWTOR PvP for a long time but lately I'm a bit exhausted.

The 1.4 changes to Resolve, the buff to Rage/Focus and the bubblestun all contribute to make PvP a very taxing experience. I spend way too much time not in control of my character; almost everyone opens their rotation with a hard stun and you usually have white bar only in the respawn area.

Making all stuns break on damage or changing Resolve so that it drains a LOT slower would go a long way towards fixing the problems. Also Focus/Rage should be rolled back to 1.3.
^This Also a lot more people are just doing lowbie pvp anymore because it's less of a stunfest than in the level 50 bracket.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]