Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TIred of PVP

HaLeX
02.02.2013 , 12:54 AM | #11
I'm getting tired of it too and I know I am not the only one. If they don't implement matchmaking and/or some type of open world pvp with rewards(weekly seige?) eventually, I think the regulars are going to lose interest in this game. Elder Scrolls is one I am waiting on, I never fell for the GW2 hype. I just don't see anything significant on the horizon, One year and I'm bored. It took me 3-4 years to get bored of a korean game. Something is missing. it just feels like they can do so much more with this game but I digress.
GatorCountry GatorNation GatorUniverse POT5 SithUnited

Zataos
02.02.2013 , 02:02 AM | #12
I have been taking time off from PVP as well, my issue is lack of a matchmaker, I would say 75% of all my matches are either cake walks or slaughters, with very few "good" matches any longer, the gear gap has closed, for the most part, however the knowledge and performance gap is larger than ever. The resolver system is also a big turn off for most in pvp, they may express it in different ways (too many stuns, bubble stuns, roots etc), but it all comes down to a revamped resolve system as well.

I simply want a cross server queue and a matchmaker, the deeper the matchmaker the better and a revamp on resolve, you do that and do it right, you will make millions in subs and not have to hock $12 recolored armors.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Lord_Karsk
02.02.2013 , 03:14 AM | #13
Yeah que time is longer on tofn. Think most of us is pretty sick and tired of swtor pvp at this point.
I mean the devs dont care about pvp or care to talk to us about it so why should bwe care.
The only reason i'm still here playing and not gw2 is because gw2 have no trinity and game for the most part is really boring.Hoping titan will come out in a year what ever that is.

Benets
02.02.2013 , 03:32 AM | #14
It's pretty simple, this game's a thousand lightyears from be balanced. I thought no game could be more imbalanced than wow, i thought wrong.

Hows is that possible for you do something when a single char can take 33% of your life (if you're well geared) in a isntant? Two jedi/warrior frogs jump on you and smashing take up to 70% of your life isntant. The rest you'll die stunned or cocked or trying to run while on roots or slowed. It's ridiculous. Pvp was fun at the very beginning at low levels, when fights took some time. And DEV team seems that do not care, a year of same old imbalance. And if you ask and they answer (cos' all the time they seems to ignore the real questins to talk about some irrelevant minor stuff)
they says "work as intended" so, or they completly fail to notice and analyze game imbalance or they want the game to be imbalanced.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Siorac
02.02.2013 , 03:55 AM | #15
I've been enjoying SWTOR PvP for a long time but lately I'm a bit exhausted.

The 1.4 changes to Resolve, the buff to Rage/Focus and the bubblestun all contribute to make PvP a very taxing experience. I spend way too much time not in control of my character; almost everyone opens their rotation with a hard stun and you usually have white bar only in the respawn area.

Making all stuns break on damage or changing Resolve so that it drains a LOT slower would go a long way towards fixing the problems. Also Focus/Rage should be rolled back to 1.3.

Knockerz
02.02.2013 , 04:21 AM | #16
It helps when you have a few alts you can play. About an hour and half ago I got off my sniper. We were in a match with a lot of sorcerers and smashers and my sniper plus the other sniper were easily killing them off. We also had a healer and one or two smashers, but point is that smashers almost never go after you as a sniper. I know on my sentinel, jugg smasher, and guardian smasher I try to avoid snipers if possible and let range deal with them. I also love the fact on my sniper that I can target bubble stun spec sages/sorcerers and pop their bubble to allow melee to destroy them.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Knockerz
02.02.2013 , 04:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I've been enjoying SWTOR PvP for a long time but lately I'm a bit exhausted.

The 1.4 changes to Resolve, the buff to Rage/Focus and the bubblestun all contribute to make PvP a very taxing experience. I spend way too much time not in control of my character; almost everyone opens their rotation with a hard stun and you usually have white bar only in the respawn area.

Making all stuns break on damage or changing Resolve so that it drains a LOT slower would go a long way towards fixing the problems. Also Focus/Rage should be rolled back to 1.3.
They just need to add diminishing returns for stuns so that progressively each stun stuns your for less time while maintaining the same resolve system. As it stands you rarely get full resolve. I don't think that was their intention when they made the resolve system. As for bubble stun it's a fact that bubble stun is bugged and not applying the correct resolve. That is why every sage/sorcerer is using a form of bubble stun. It was also change a while ago. It used to break on damage if I recall correctly. It function much like how flash bang for AI class. Yes, smash spec is a bit op at moment due to it's aoe damage not so much the single target damage it does.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

xxdragonragexx
02.02.2013 , 05:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Been playing since day 1 this game and this week has been too much for me.

It could be just me but I'm tired of being "bubblestunned" even when I'm not fighting Sorcs and I'm tired of being literaly destroyed every time a retarded decides to charge+smash me with 5-6k dmg....EVEN I'M FULL WAR HERO and have 4 elite war hero pieces.

Every WZ the same.....everybody bubbled and 4-5 smashers dealing 6k AOE dmg....I'm god dammit bored.

What should I do? Rerroll smasher? They will be nerfed next patch....same with sorcs...
Juggernaut and marauders will always be on top so it is safe to reroll to them. This is star wars. The PvE side of this game is what makes money. Guess what? A lot of PvE players like to play juggernauts and marauders because the whole star wars universe revolves around them. Every dang star wars fanatic wants to be obi-wan, luke or darthvader. It is going to be the same for pvp. They may nerf smash but they jugg/mara will always be on top.

Look at the armor in the cartel. The most intricate and complicated designs revolves around the jugg/marauder or jedi knight/sentinel.

SomeJagoff
02.02.2013 , 05:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Try not to hit any pedestrians even though some of them probably play smashers/bubblestunners in the game.
lmao!
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Inat_mivea
02.02.2013 , 06:49 AM | #20
i've only been back a couple weeks - got my WH gear - and am now tired of the same old, simplistic, FoTM, boring, pvp.

something has to change.