Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another way to look at Resolve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another way to look at Resolve

TalonKorr
02.02.2013 , 08:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
OK. I don't want to insult anybody but how can a person to come to the forum and make a post saying that this endless stun, stun, stun and more stun in PvP is ok, if i look it from another way.
Thank you for carefully reading my post. What part of it said that being stunned constantly was OK? Since I've got three toons with valor rank 91 and above, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

Once again, I'll reiterate for the illiterate. In its current state, there is no point for the majority of classes to have a stun break ability. The majority of the classes (gear aside) will never achieve a whitebar before they are already killed. And since CC's are spammed with abandon, breaking early is just volunteering to be stunned again. As I said in my first post:
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
I can think of no better illustration of a broken system.
For everybody else who posted, I realize sentinels probably don't qualify for the most squishiest of classes, however since by the time I firstly regain control of my toon is around %50 life on average, they seem pretty squishy when compared to my main with 28.3k life and built to take PvP hits.

Thanks for all the positive responses, I wanted to illuminate that when CC has become so overpowered that it's "break" ability is obsolete, there is no clearer definition of a broken system.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Cates, Grisha, Scuf

FROIDBUSTER
02.02.2013 , 09:15 AM | #22
There have actually been many iterations of similar solutions throughout MMO pvp.

I mean World of Warcraft had a much more lax diminishing return system that was class based, which in practice could allow you to CC targets for 10-15 seconds at a time on consistent reoccuring basis. While annoying, and often complained about, it wasn't a huge gamebreaking problem for two reasons.

One being that most of the CC's had checks in place to prevent their abuse. Often times a CC would break on damage, heal the recipient of the CC, only be doable out of combat, make the target immune to incoming damage, have the CC take place in place of another skill (often a damage skill, meaing you could CC or burst but not both).

But more importantly the damage of the classes was scaled such that you weren't going to blow someone up in three shots just because you landed a CC. Crushing a max resilience (expertise's' counterpart in WoW) healer was often a very long affair.

So SWTORs' resolve system really has two hurdles. The first being that most of the games CCs' are completely absract. An Operatives stuns don't share a cooldown with their finishers, A Sorcs' CC isn't a unique part of their kit. Most of the crowd control effects ingame are merely differently named copycats that every class gets regardless.

The other hurdle is you can instagib people. My Sorc has 20k hp and 1350 resilience, and I'll regularly eat smashes and dispatches for 6-7k or 5-6k respectively. Although this might actually correct itself in the expansion depending on how much extra endurance Bioware decides to put on the new gear, since CCs' will remain as is but there will be an opportunity for Bioware to cause endurance gains to outscale damage gains on new gear and thus give their Resolve system an opportunity to work.

DarkSaberMaster
02.02.2013 , 09:55 AM | #23
**** the stuns. The **** is freaking retarded. Make the stun break 20 secs. Or make it so that when you are stunned, you get immunity to the next one for 10-20 seconds. Or just get rid of them period and maker them mezzes. The **** is out of hand right now.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

NogueiraA
02.02.2013 , 10:16 AM | #24
To see how stuns in this game are STUPID.

I play an assassin and I have 4 big hits, Shock, Maul, Discharge and Assassinate.

I use Spike as a opener, 1.5sec stun = 4.5k shock + 5k Maul
You have control of your char then I stunned you again using my Electrocute (4sec stun) = 5k Maul + 4.5k Discharge or Assassinate.

I killed the target in 5.5 sec even though using a cc breaker I have other stuns to control you.

The counter is... I think there's no counter against stunlock in this game. Resolve? pfff..

TonyDragonflame
02.02.2013 , 10:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
To see how stuns in this game are STUPID.

I play an assassin and I have 4 big hits, Shock, Maul, Discharge and Assassinate.

I use Spike as a opener, 1.5sec stun = 4.5k shock + 5k Maul
You have control of your char then I stunned you again using my Electrocute (4sec stun) = 5k Maul + 4.5k Discharge or Assassinate.

I killed the target in 5.5 sec even though using a cc breaker I have other stuns to control you.

The counter is... I think there's no counter against stunlock in this game. Resolve? pfff..
I hate assasins
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN