Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another way to look at Resolve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another way to look at Resolve

cycao
02.01.2013 , 09:35 PM | #11
I will say it was frustrating before the change to CC someone and have someone immediately follow it with another CC and fill the resolve, but that is what happens when you are grouped up with 7 random people and everyone had probably done this. However, now since the change you can spend a good amount of time CC'ed when facing a good team that knows what they are doing. I thought resolve worked quite well before the change, not perfect sure but well. Resolve in theory is working correctly but the mechanics of it now feels completely broken.

Zakmonster
02.01.2013 , 09:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
What if the Stun Remover could fill the resolve bar when used? That would solve a lot.
Your stun break skill could fill up your resolve and remove any CC currently on you. However, resolve needs to be changed so that it no longer prevents immunity to physics effects (knockbacks, pulls, etc), so as to allow Huttball to be played in a sensible manner.

cycao
02.01.2013 , 09:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakmonster View Post
Your stun break skill could fill up your resolve and remove any CC currently on you. However, resolve needs to be changed so that it no longer prevents immunity to physics effects (knockbacks, pulls, etc), so as to allow Huttball to be played in a sensible manner.
Terrible idea. If your team fills the resolve bar before the first fire so and all you can do is watch what comes next you deserve to get scored on. The change to the resolve was pretty much directed towards casual pugs we really don't need something like this.

Zenates
02.01.2013 , 09:48 PM | #14
There is no sensible manner in which to play hutball. It is a 3/4 class wz. Put a 4th level in, and it would be competitive.

foxmob
02.01.2013 , 09:48 PM | #15
probably just a typo, but I think you mean so that it no longer provides immunity to kb's/pulls. and I thoroughly disagree. it does provide immunity and it should. else there would be 3x as many fire deaths. and anyone other than a guardian would be much less likely to move the ball. guardians have enough advantages in there. tyvm.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Edonidd
02.01.2013 , 10:45 PM | #16
I mostly agree with the OP, except that if he thinks a Jugg tank and any sort of sentinel are on the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum survivability wise, I was just wondering how many classes he thinks are in the game? 3? 4, maybe?

Play a Sorcerer and then tell me how squishy your combat sentinel is.

But I do agree with the point he was trying to make. On my Sorcerer the only reason i even know resolve exists is when i give somebody their whitebar with my stupid whirlwind. I don't think my Sorc has ever whitebar'd before. Usually once people notice he exists, they sneeze at me and I wake up in the respawn area

Smashbrother
02.01.2013 , 11:31 PM | #17
And this is why people should be allowed to use their def cds when CC. They're less likely to die this way, and there will be less QQ and less of these type of threads.

sauerkraut
02.02.2013 , 12:15 AM | #18
OK. I don't want to insult anybody but how can a person to come to the forum and make a post saying that this endless stun, stun, stun and more stun in PvP is ok, if i look it from another way. What way? How is it ok? I get stunned every 3 sec and 9 out of 10 i die perma stunned. How is it normal? How bad you have to be in PvP, to say this is how it should be. Because behind all these mambo-jumbo there is one thing the PvP rejects cant survive in a fluid PvP environment. Bind your keys, get a gaming PC with a good videocard, a gaming keyboard and L2P and you wont need permestun to hit your enemies. PvP suppose to be fun not frustration.

DeepFreese
02.02.2013 , 12:30 AM | #19
To be fair... It's not fair to say a combat sentinel and a tank guardian are on opposite sides of the spectrum. While the sentinel may be les survivable than your tank guardian there are much squishier classes than a combat sentinel. Vanguard comes to mind. This a giant overcriticism but I have drank too much to even comment overall this is a great post, personally I think resolve needs to be reverted. Punishing double stuns only caused me an issue in huttball, and even then not in competitive games. I don't think bioware shoul balance this game around unranked warzones, and that is what bioware seems to be doing.
Creus
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

TonyDragonflame
02.02.2013 , 03:35 AM | #20
Resolve must be return back in pre 1.4, when its works fine.
Now its just awful