Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bubblestunners....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bubblestunners....

KettleBelll
02.02.2013 , 12:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post

Just no. More. Nerfs. Buffs instead please.
That's just Outlandish.

There is no way/shape/form that all classes should be buffed up to deal with the current broken bubblestun. Why would you even think like this?

Bubblestun needs to be adjusted down. My mind = blown you think everyone should be boosted to deal with bubblestun.
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

foxmob
02.02.2013 , 12:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Every melee class has ranged attacks that can hit hard and break the bubble without the player be stunned. Use your brain instead and you wont need to respec.
1) not true
2) stealth openers are called "openers" for a reason.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

VigDiath
02.02.2013 , 01:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
That's just Outlandish.

There is no way/shape/form that all classes should be buffed up to deal with the current broken bubblestun. Why would you even think like this?

Bubblestun needs to be adjusted down. My mind = blown you think everyone should be boosted to deal with bubblestun.
I really don't think a buff is needed to counter that one ability. However, a buff should be given across classes to deal with smash. A buff is needed for classes that have issues countering Shadow abilities that hit anything over 6k damage (maul/shadow strike, deathfield/FiB), Smash, or Railshot or even Snipe or Ambush when it crits for over 6k. Which we've seen has happened.

I don't like the idea of Nerfing a class because of how it affects PVE. For anyone who uses Smash Spec, Bubblestun spec or any of the other FoTM classes these are abilities that can be useful in PvE. Don't make it harder on players who come in to knock out PvE content just because you can't deal with a little bit of smash or bubble stun lol
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

foxmob
02.02.2013 , 01:14 PM | #24
when have you EVER been hit with a 6k railshot? was the guy glowing red when he hit you?
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Washingtoon
02.02.2013 , 01:43 PM | #25
Just because you said that I've decided to skip the stun and go full heals instead. Using the AOE heals feels like nothing but stat padding to be honest and I healed for about the same as with the stun (800 hps in a normal game where I spend a good deal of downtime on an empty node, on behalf of pugs loving to trade and someone has to stay put since they are not).

I did throw a small fit in one of the games though when no one peeled for me and I had run out of stuns, that's when the bubble stun would have been useful. Freaking assassins and maras on me at all times and no one notices. Pugs!

Monterone
02.02.2013 , 01:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Every melee class has ranged attacks that can hit hard and break the bubble without the player be stunned. Use your brain instead and you wont need to respec.
Yeah but that messes with their armor bonus everyone is sporting these days. They absolutely want to charge in and go right into a smash or a gore/ravage since they have +10% damage for 5 seconds... except the bubble stun kills the 5 second bonus and it requires *gasp* -- improvisation!

Good players find ways around it, bad ones want to kill that sage in 5 seconds and move on... this is just messing with their lolrotation.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

criminalheretic
02.02.2013 , 02:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
Yeah but that messes with their armor bonus everyone is sporting these days. They absolutely want to charge in and go right into a smash or a gore/ravage since they have +10% damage for 5 seconds... except the bubble stun kills the 5 second bonus and it requires *gasp* -- improvisation!

Good players find ways around it, bad ones want to kill that sage in 5 seconds and move on... this is just messing with their lolrotation.
I don't struggle finding a way around the bubble to kill a Sage. I struggle finding a way around the bubble when a PT is wearing it...

Bubblestun doesn't make a Sage too powerful. Sages casting bubblestun makes the other 7 players on their team too powerful, if there isn't someone spamming them on both sides. And if there is someone spamming them on both sides, the match seems to grind to a painful and boring halt, where everyone is literally stunned 5-8 times per life. Or even more, I've played matches with two competent bubble stunning healers on each side, where I may only die once, but I will have been stunned literally 30-60 times in the match. I can't speak for everyone, but even when I win a match that is full of bubbles, I leave the match feeling annoyed and mentally tired.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

clubdeeko
02.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Stun Wars - A new mezz
Stun Wars - The Empire spikes back
Stun Wars - Return of the stunlock

Stun Wars - The bubblestun menace
Stun Wars - Attack of the slows
Stun Wars - Revenge of the root

Can hardly restrain myself before the coming 3 movies!1!!
LOL very good
Vis Fatalis
Valonia - ToFN

mulzii
02.02.2013 , 08:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
I don't struggle finding a way around the bubble to kill a Sage. I struggle finding a way around the bubble when a PT is wearing it...

Bubblestun doesn't make a Sage too powerful. Sages casting bubblestun makes the other 7 players on their team too powerful, if there isn't someone spamming them on both sides. And if there is someone spamming them on both sides, the match seems to grind to a painful and boring halt, where everyone is literally stunned 5-8 times per life. Or even more, I've played matches with two competent bubble stunning healers on each side, where I may only die once, but I will have been stunned literally 30-60 times in the match. I can't speak for everyone, but even when I win a match that is full of bubbles, I leave the match feeling annoyed and mentally tired.
^This. I dont have an issue with the bubble stun as casted on the caster (though it could fill a bit more resolve). But how is it improving a sage/sorcs survivability by bubbling his team? Let them bubble their team, but the stun only applies to the caster.

Hexdoll
02.02.2013 , 08:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm literally at the point now where if I see a bubble stun I just quit the warzone. If it was only the sage that gave the stun I wouldn't care at all. But seeing an entire team running around with it is just annoying and completely broken.
Me too....I don't play much anymore because I a bubble stunner and I seez me in a wz I leave.