Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is what happens when all you care about is damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is what happens when all you care about is damage

Never_Hesitate
02.01.2013 , 07:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
***?
how can a whole team be so focused on not doing objectives?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Rendolphe
02.01.2013 , 07:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
whats funny is the guy with the high dmg also has the highest objective score...
Seriously who care about objective pts / medal. Objective pts / Medal doesn't mean you play a good or a bad game.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

sabbrina
02.01.2013 , 08:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by miragewsu View Post
You get wrecked by a premade in mostly battlemaster gear :P

Alderaan match. Anyone seen worse?

http://i.imgur.com/GUpfWll.png
If those are "high" damage numbers, dont come to my server.....kkthxbye

Jherad
02.01.2013 , 08:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Seriously who care about objective pts / medal. Objective pts / Medal doesn't mean you play a good or a bad game.
Yeah this. Whilst it *can* be a good indicator in huttball (ie there's a good chance you were scoring, or killing the enemy ball carrier), in other WZs high objective points usually just meant you stood by a node. For better or worse. In voidstar the door is the last place I want to stand directly by as RDPS, and some of my best matches have the lowest objective scores. Medals can be even worse - I can get more medals by doing a little bit of everything badly rather than a few things really well.

Anyway, on the subjective of damage vs objective play. Of course you need to play the objectives - but for every match where a lower damage team outperforms the higher and wins (and by the sound of the OP, it was a low damage premade vs a high damage pug) there are 3 where melting the opposition wins the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MIJ2_Yd4qU
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
ZacharÔah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

MusicRider
02.01.2013 , 08:32 AM | #15
IMO it really depends on the warzone. Civil war and hutball are warzones where dps might come as a secondary contributor to winning. On the other hand voidstar, hypergates and novara are very much dps warzones.

SomeJagoff
02.01.2013 , 08:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
+1 to you for censoring people's names. And that screen is pretty epic, bet the enemy team was super pissed afterwards.

btw, what I find amusing about both screenshots is that the losing team not only had the most damage, but the most objectives too. I'm guessing it was one of those matches where the entire enemy team moved as one node to node stomping everyone, capping, then move onto the next one, not holding it, had the lead, then eventually lost by a small amount. Seen lots of matches like that on the harbinger with some of the top guilds, pretty amusing to watch.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Rehtiz
02.01.2013 , 10:12 AM | #17
I think I still have a screenshot at home (at work at the moment) where our highest number of kills was 7 and theirs 70 with us winning, again in a civil war. If I still have it will post up later
If you have to use insults to win an argument, you have lost the argument already.

LarryRow
02.01.2013 , 10:25 AM | #18
It's pretty obvious what happened in the two screenshots posted. The winning team got the side nodes at some point and just defended it with zerg death. We've all done it, and we've probably all felt pretty cheesy about it.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Ainsland
02.01.2013 , 12:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
It's pretty obvious what happened in the two screenshots posted. The winning team got the side nodes at some point and just defended it with zerg death. We've all done it, and we've probably all felt pretty cheesy about it.
^this

I've been on both sides. Winning side, you wonder how the hell you actually won because it felt like you've spent half your time in the respawn area. Losing side swear they're up against that "team of 16 of players", who aren't hard to take out, but they just keep coming and preventing that cap.