Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Separating companion from group window

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Separating companion from group window

Klarick
01.31.2013 , 01:00 PM | #1
Im not new, but I'm not sure where else I would post this question.

When the wife and I quest together I would like to seperate her companion from her portait-window so that her companion has a seperate, and large, group window just like my companion has.

As it is, the wifes companion's health bar is very small and difficult to read. I play the healer and it would make it easier if this is possible. I have looked through the different options in preferences and may be looking over the option.

Is it possible?
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

dermitni
01.31.2013 , 01:18 PM | #2
Did you look in the interface editor? There should be elements called "group frame 1", "group frame 2", etc.. Their scale is by default set to 0.6. Setting it to a higher value should also increase the size of the companions healthbar.

Cheers, Niko
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Klarick
01.31.2013 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Did you look in the interface editor? There should be elements called "group frame 1", "group frame 2", etc.. Their scale is by default set to 0.6. Setting it to a higher value should also increase the size of the companions healthbar.

Cheers, Niko
Thanks for reply. I just went in game and checked to make sure I didnt miss something with your suggestion. There is a way to scale the individual protrait in the group window just as you describe. However, there doesn't appear to be a way to seperate the companion from the individuals group window. That's my issue The companions HP bar is too difficult to see as it is so very small and connected to each individuals portrait (just below it and attached).

If I simply blew-up the protrait for say group 1, then the ind's portrait would be way too large. What I'm looking for is a way to seperate the companion from the ind and make it the size as my own companion protrait and HP bar.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Ithilwen
01.31.2013 , 05:47 PM | #4
I haven't looked myself, but I doubt there is an option, you could always use a keybind to select him, then his health bar would be on your target 'window'

Otherwise, I know the option to link cirtain things together is there... the minimap and tooltip display are linked by default, and can be un-linked. maybe have a look at those two and see if there is anything similar on the party member display window...
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

ButteredSoul
01.31.2013 , 07:17 PM | #5
I haven't found any way to do what you suggest either.

I, too, would like to be able to do that. A more prominent health bar would be nice, but the ability to quickly see buffs and debuffs is even more important IMHO.

Currently, I have to actually target my teammates companion to see my HoT status or if there's a debuff to clear.

One option I haven't tried: setting the teammates companion to my focus. Of course, that uses up my focus, but I haven't been using it in doubles or triples anyway.