Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy

Haltermania
01.31.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
I had a question about creating your legacy for your character. once you hit K i believe is the key function for it, it shows your character kinda like a silver dollar. my questions are:

1) if i dont mess with it am i missing out on something to help my character? i saw you can buy stuff (thats very expensive) but if i dont use it does my character suffer?

2) since i have a couple of characters on my server, Can you link them together like a family tree?

and is there any other info i need to know about the whole legacy thing

thank you

goddgundam
01.31.2013 , 11:53 AM | #2
As far a loosing anything no. But it is all worth it i use cartel coins 20 bucks can get u all the unlocks u really need.yes u can make a legacy tree

Ithilwen
01.31.2013 , 05:39 PM | #3
The legacy interface is opened with Y (as the default) K is the default for the skill tree. It's possible to change those though.

To create a legacy tree just drag the portait of the character you want to 'head of' (beggining/top of) the tree to the center +, every character you add after that is extended from that one character and/or the others attached to it.
At this point in time, the Legacy tree has no real use other than for you to create your own relationships between your characters.

the 'Character Perks' aren't essential to your characters, they are pretty much just 'quality of life' perks that can be usefull in the bonuses they provide. as for the Empire/Republic unlocks section, the class buffs can be usefull and are worthwhile to work towards, but again, aren't nessecary. the unlocks for the bonuses from your companions are also usefull particularly if you level alts, the +10 presence bonus is well worth it, but you still make do without it :P

As for the species unlocks, that is purely personal preference when creating characters.

And I don't remember what any of the 'Legacy Unlocks' are, sooo... yeah
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana