Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female robes. Ugh.

PetFish
02.01.2013 , 09:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
MAD ? BLAME AAYLA SECURA...

Girl is a walking sexual harassment statistic. How can any Padawan study with her parading around the Temple !?

Not that I mind.

/THREAD
Great, now I gotta go find here to see what all the hype is about.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Falori'ia Imperial

Newyankalt
02.01.2013 , 10:37 PM | #22
Nah it's fine how it is now.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 01:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MGriffith View Post
Except that knight Tython commendation chest armour (and all the uncounted recolourations of it) which, despite nominally being tank gear, is resembling a hooded sports bra more than anything else.

Guess the jedi order wants to desensitise their female knights early so they happily accept the chain mail bikini once it becomes available at social 2. Though why is anybody's guess since Jedi are not allowed to form relationships and there seems little point to dress them in male gaze magnets instead of sensible armour.
I'd say it's more about following the movie lore where Jedi just don't wear heavy armor. In fact, the only ones to wear heavy armor were Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

Jedi, male or female, wore cloth outfits.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 01:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MGriffith View Post
Read the discussion thread(s) again.
It is not complaining about the armour that exist. It is complaining about the armour and clothing that does not exist.
For female characters the choice is: "would you like this nun's habit in brown or red?"," Oops I have misplaced half the fabric of my top", or "I would wear less but the censors insist on these pasties" styles. For the male characters the choice is either "can't show any skin or the other guys will make fun of me" or -one- option for "I'm too sexy for my shirt, aka I'm sure I can pull off this look just as good as Hugh Jackman (cue eye roll)"
We would simply like to see a few more intermediary styles for men, a few more that women think look sexy on them, and a few more intermediary styles on women and especially styles that -women- think look sexy on them (as opposed to what man think looks sexy on women)
So, you don't have to worry. Nobody is going to take away the bikini outfit that you may feel a strong urge to dress your female companions in.
You and I must be playing a different game. My Bounty Hunter doesn't have the option of "Look like a nun or misplaced half my fabric"

My Consular only skin showing because I went with my Revelers top/Robe Leggings, as I love the look on my Chiss. Every other item my Consular has been able to wear so far has shown no skin, and didn't look like a nun, unless robe leggings are the nun look, inwhich every class seems to get that option.

Not that I don't agree with wanting more looks, but if you're having troubles finding items that don't fall into anything but those two categories, you're really trying hard to miss them.

Turshek
02.02.2013 , 04:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You and I must be playing a different game. My Bounty Hunter doesn't have the option of "Look like a nun or misplaced half my fabric"

My Consular only skin showing because I went with my Revelers top/Robe Leggings, as I love the look on my Chiss. Every other item my Consular has been able to wear so far has shown no skin, and didn't look like a nun, unless robe leggings are the nun look, inwhich every class seems to get that option.

Not that I don't agree with wanting more looks, but if you're having troubles finding items that don't fall into anything but those two categories, you're really trying hard to miss them.
All the consular gear is Jedi robes or top + long skirt, for some people it's looking like a nun. If you want to show a bit of skin, the only options are to show too much skin. Short sleeves, low cut tops, short skirts, .... there's nothing like that.

The game (and not exclusive stuff from cartel market) should offer diverse styles that exist in the movies or the EU.

BW chose to give each class a specific look, which is a mistake. Their ideas of how should look each class is only theirs and it's a big problem in a MMO where ppl want to create characters based on their own vision and play them for years. My idea of a smuggler is definitely not to wear a cowboy hat and a cape, my idea of healing commando is not to have a giant gun and a big armored gear with a huge pack on the back....

Apart from the looks of gear there's the problem of colors, BW should stop recoloring armors, either for endgame or in the cartel market. We need to be able to choose the colors of our gear. As we have alien species of different skin colors, it's even more needed. Many times some items looks nice except the colors don't mix well with the skin color.

JediMB
02.02.2013 , 05:59 AM | #26
I wouldn't say no to a few knee-length skirts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
This is pretty funny, SWTOR has the least amount of sexy armor of ANY MMO, yet you still have people complaining about the FEW outfits that show a females midriff.... wow unbelievable
Have you played Final Fantasy XI?

When I stopped playing that game a few years back, I'm fairly certain it had 0 pieces of dedicated "sexy" armor, and the differences between male and female versions were minimal when they existed at all. (Except for Mithra characters, which was pretty sad, but at least Square Enix had the good sense to not try to turn robes into tank tops.)
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

AshlaBoga
02.02.2013 , 06:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Toravisu View Post
Could we please get actual robes and not a belly dancers outfit when females are wearing them?
No. Your character has a sweat gland problem and must expose her skin to the air.

Or she's from a much hotter environment and would overheat if she wears actual clothing.

You must save the galaxy / defeat the Republic while half-naked and trying not to laugh at how ridiculous you look.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

blooddodo
02.02.2013 , 06:43 AM | #28
What bothers me in this case is that the tank-tops look bad, the texture has simply been cut off at one point, there is no lining or folds, it just sort of... ends. Can you say half-arsed?
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

AsheraII
02.02.2013 , 06:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by blooddodo View Post
What bothers me in this case is that the tank-tops look bad, the texture has simply been cut off at one point, there is no lining or folds, it just sort of... ends. Can you say half-arsed?
Depends, what shape size are we talking about?
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

AshlaBoga
02.02.2013 , 06:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by blooddodo View Post
I'd say chauvinism actually. Clearly the people who designed this gear were thinking: "the sexual objectification of females sells video games." If this is in fact not the case then BW needs to explain their reasoning behind the skimpy outfits. Are women supposed to be eye candy? <sarcasm>If so, what a lovely child friendly message guys! </sarcasm>.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!