Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female robes. Ugh.

snoopdogbaby
02.09.2013 , 06:13 PM | #111
Don't you get it? It's a test for the male jedi. Dress the females as skimpily as possible and test their temptations.

craic_fox
02.10.2013 , 12:28 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
I couldn't find any bare midriff chest pieces apart from the one I already wear. Everything that I previewed were either full on jedi robes or smuggler jackets.
Came across this website and remembered your post:

http://tor-fashion.com/

LordRaeth
02.10.2013 , 02:33 PM | #113
Great Thanks

Looks like there's a medium armour one from flashpoint cademimu

PetFish
02.10.2013 , 04:26 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by craic_fox View Post
Came across this website and remembered your post:

http://tor-fashion.com/
It has great potential to be an awesome resource... but why would someone go through all that trouble to make this wonderful page and then not have any kind of organization to it? At least sort by armor type or alphabetical.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

JediMB
02.10.2013 , 07:09 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
It has great potential to be an awesome resource... but why would someone go through all that trouble to make this wonderful page and then not have any kind of organization to it? At least sort by armor type or alphabetical.
I think it works pretty well as it is.

Sorted by acquisition type first (in the menu), and then split into armor type and faction... or tier.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

DarkGantros
02.10.2013 , 10:56 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
We could use a toggle that lets us switch between the full chest piece and the tank top version.

Alongside that hood toggle people have been asking for since the game was released, if not longer.
THIS! This right here. 'Nough said.

MGriffith
02.14.2013 , 01:51 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I don't imagine real world fashion applying to Star Wars all that well. For example, I don't imagine seeing the tight blue jeans and white T shirt, being all that Star Wars-y. Though most of the leg options are tight fitting.
It is not that hard to add a little detail here and there to give it a slightly more science fiction look and feel. They did manage with the jumpsuit and the pants after all. But then I am guessing you were being facetious for reasons known only to you.

Quote:
I also don't imagine the Tux being to Star Wars-y.
I don't know. It is a classic for a reason, and a man who wears one well can look mighty fine in one

Quote:
Admittedly, I'm basing this off the movies, which don't ever show any male in either of those.
No, but if you are honest, the movie and especially this game, make you feel like you are running around in a futuristic version of a mao commune. Everybody(*) is running around in the same utilitarian futuristic version of the mao suit. It is just work clothes and dolled up coveralls even in places where people supposedly live or relax.
(* with the exception of the senate tower on coruscant).
The movie was like that too, though it made a little more sense there since there really was very little interaction with people not at their job, and for most of the movie that job was being in the military.

The game though shows us plenty of civilians. And everybody on every planet has a remarkably similar style of dress. Even on Tatooine where long robes and scarfs would make more sense against the heat and sand or Nar Shaddaa were you expect to find plenty of people looking to have a good time (or are too impoverished to have shining new clothes).

Quote:
I know I don't find the slave bikini sexy at all. So sexy is a matter of opinion and thusly "sexy outfits are lacking is a matter of opinion"
Of course the complaint is a personal one, but that was not the original poster's intention nor the point of other comments. What it boils down to is that Bioware adds what it consideres sexy clothing for female characters only (*) and that it defines sexy along the line of 'less fabric is more sexy'. (* I am aware of the phantom armor yes)
The first is catering to a stereotype that Bioware should be above, considering their position on other gender related issues. The second is unneccessary. It is easily possible to create sexy styles of clothes that do not involve applying a shear to vast quantities of fabric.
None of us wants to get rid of sexy clothes. It is just that at least part of the playerbase who cares about clothes and the messages they send to others, would like to see a better effort at creating sexy clothes for men, and a greater variety of it for everybody.