Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.6.2 Annilated my FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Neverdweller
02.01.2013 , 06:27 PM | #11
I will go ahead and try uninstalling my drivers and installing older drivers.. I will be using 306.97 Nvidia Geforce Drivers for 64bit from back before December... maybe it will work better than the new one -_-

Neverdweller
02.01.2013 , 06:53 PM | #12
No Effect. Pretty damn smooth on fleet though, seemed like it was quite a bit faster there, but once I landed on Taris and got off that shuttle the first thing you see is that satellite and stuff and it just LAAAAAAAAAAAAGS bad right there unless I look down.

Natholomew
02.01.2013 , 10:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello Neverdweller,

As a first step towards resolving this problem, and although you may have attempted some of the steps already could you please run through the following, testing the game performance after each one has been completed:
[list][*]Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
This is completely TERRIBLE advice. I was having similar problems and attempted this, then the game wouldn't start. I restored the file and still the game won't start. Awful.

OwenBrooks
02.01.2013 , 11:22 PM | #14
deleting the diskcachearena file should just recreate on launch , its a cache file.
This points more to file system error.
have you run a chkdsk c: /f and a sfc /scannow ? with a command prompt as administrator ?

nattodaisuki
02.01.2013 , 11:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
deleting the diskcachearena file should just recreate on launch , its a cache file.
This points more to file system error.
have you run a chkdsk c: /f and a sfc /scannow ? with a command prompt as administrator ?
I concur with OwenBrooks.

Sounds like a bad sector on your Hard drive where the files for swtor resides on.

or

your Hard drive is about to die (in which case, I would make backups of any precious data you have on CD's DVD's, USB drive)

or something I saw in another thread.
The Op's C drive had like 4GB free, and the Page File was trying to access 11GB..

You could try...
1) Defrag your Hard drive.
2) Copy the WHOLE swtor directory.
3) Create a folder named "Swtor" or something (and leave the original directory intact ) paste the contents in there.
4) Delete the old directory and rename the new directory "Star Wars-The Old Republic" or whatever it was.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

Neverdweller
02.02.2013 , 05:13 PM | #16
Well.. getting a little off topic here, I think you may have deleted the wrong things buddy because mine worked just fine, *as fine as it has been doing anyway* I moved on from Taris to Quesh and I have to say that Quest is significantly less laggy than Taris, but there are a few little places on Quest where if you look at them it will eat your FPS but nowhere near as bad as Taris.

When you delete stuff, watch what you are deleting folks.

Neverdweller
02.05.2013 , 09:49 PM | #17
Well. Guess this is my answer from Bioware, We changed the game to be more intensive without letting you know, suck it up and buy all new parts for your computer.
Thanks for letting us know before making such a drastic change in the way the game handles graphics making people who could run it with a RECOMMENDED build into people who can barely run the damn thing.

Maybe you should release a new Required / Recommended system build since you have changed the game and what it requires, so.. WE know what we need to play your game.

Neverdweller
02.05.2013 , 10:03 PM | #18
Minimum Specs
Operating System

Star Wars : The Old Republic can be played on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Computer

Your computer should have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
RAM

Your computer's RAM should be as follows: for Windows XP: 1.5GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB. For PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.
Video

Your computer's graphics card should be ATI X1800 or better, nVidia 7800 or better, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better.

This is Quoted from your very own website and YES I KNOW ITS MINIMUM. However I have well over the minimum requirements and according to this I shouldn't have any problems at all running this game, granted not on the highest settings *it wont even run right on bare minimum anymore*
I will state for at least a third time my specs.

It has been weeks and I am done here, this is my last post, I will continue to play your game, Just with my camera pointed to my feet in despair until I get my new computer parts and build a monster that will gobble up your game like a tasty little snack.

Windows 7 64
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 5000+ 2.6ghz
RAM: 4 Gigs DDR2 RAM
GPU: Nvidia GTS 250 1 Gig GDDR3
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Live! Audigy 2

jediturbodude
02.05.2013 , 10:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverdweller View Post
Minimum Specs
Operating System

Star Wars : The Old Republic can be played on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Computer

Your computer should have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
RAM

Your computer's RAM should be as follows: for Windows XP: 1.5GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB. For PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.
Video

Your computer's graphics card should be ATI X1800 or better, nVidia 7800 or better, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better.

This is Quoted from your very own website and YES I KNOW ITS MINIMUM. However I have well over the minimum requirements and according to this I shouldn't have any problems at all running this game, granted not on the highest settings *it wont even run right on bare minimum anymore*
I will state for at least a third time my specs.

It has been weeks and I am done here, this is my last post, I will continue to play your game, Just with my camera pointed to my feet in despair until I get my new computer parts and build a monster that will gobble up your game like a tasty little snack.

Windows 7 64
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 5000+ 2.6ghz
RAM: 4 Gigs DDR2 RAM
GPU: Nvidia GTS 250 1 Gig GDDR3
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Live! Audigy 2
Ah actually mate, a powerful computer runs this game WORSE. Mainly due to things like no crossfire/sli support for everyone. I have 8GB of GPU 16GB ram and 5Ghz CPU and I STILL only get 40fps if im lucky in WZs

Neverdweller
02.10.2013 , 05:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jediturbodude View Post
Ah actually mate, a powerful computer runs this game WORSE. Mainly due to things like no crossfire/sli support for everyone. I have 8GB of GPU 16GB ram and 5Ghz CPU and I STILL only get 40fps if im lucky in WZs
I will be using this.
CPU: AMD FX-8350 FX-Series Eight-Core Processor 4Ghz
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB 240-pin SDRam DDR3 Ram
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB GDDR5
Snd: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Internal Sound Card with THX SB1270

I think ill be fine and before I get 10 people bothering to telling me OH AMD IS SUCH A WASTE ETC ETC... I know what it does and I know pros and cons of both intel and amd, i am building this computer myself, I know quite a bit about computers thanks.