Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo queuing PvP on this server is horrid..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Solo queuing PvP on this server is horrid..

KillaDeuce
01.30.2013 , 01:01 PM | #1
Third server I have played on. This is by far the worst for pubber teams pre-50, for both factions, that I have witnessed. Does it get any better at 50?
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbšl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Jenzali
01.30.2013 , 02:05 PM | #2
It's actually pretty good compared to most other servers.

I'd recommend if you are solo queueing and there is no premade that you volunteer to guard the off node, otherwise no one will do it (or someone will do it and just abandon it without saying anything). This should greatly increase your win ratio.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

ML_DoubleTap
01.30.2013 , 02:05 PM | #3
Rarely
Bonkurz

DarthBror
01.30.2013 , 02:08 PM | #4
Unfourtunatley the PUGs are in a state of disarray right now. Its an RP server so most of the guilds dont touch PVP. Then you have PVP guilds. People who PVP togeather on Voice comms. They pretty much dominate with exceptionally coordinated gameplay and individual player skill. If your solo queing you roll the dice. Either you get lucky and group with one of the servers leet PVP communities, or you get on a PUG and get facerolled.

I would imagine its like that on most servers. Perhaps you just experienced a terribad PUG. Been on a few of those myself before. All you can do is lean back in your chair and chuckle. Type a GG and move on.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

KillaDeuce
01.30.2013 , 02:40 PM | #5
Well I was on POT5 and Bastion before here. Guess just being pvp servers makes a bigger difference then I expected. Came here for an old guild I reunited with.

6 wins over 4 days switching between an Repub trooper and Imp BH. Doing mainly pvp with class missions in between. Wanting to tear my eyes out sometimes.

Was hoping someone could tell me it's better at 50 so I would keep going. guess not. LOL
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbšl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

paul_preib
01.30.2013 , 02:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
Well I was on POT5 and Bastion before here. Guess just being pvp servers makes a bigger difference then I expected. Came here for an old guild I reunited with.

6 wins over 4 days switching between an Repub trooper and Imp BH. Doing mainly pvp with class missions in between. Wanting to tear my eyes out sometimes.

Was hoping someone could tell me it's better at 50 so I would keep going. guess not. LOL
Sub 50 I really haven't seen that much inequity. Working on a Gunslinger and BH at the moment so I'll toy with either faction and while I feel I have a slightly higher win rate on the BH (i.e. imp side) it is not by any amount that feels grossly disproportionate.

That said you occasionally find those little ruts/runs where a group of 3-4 that's overgeared (i.e. knocking on or over 15k HP)/coordinated stomp onto the field and for those times if its opposite faction I'd just step away for a few to level.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

ML_DoubleTap
01.30.2013 , 03:29 PM | #7
I played 4 of my 50's pretty much all day yesterday, probably about 30 total games and across all 4 I have 5 total wins against my weeklies for the week. PuGs can be bad...or, maybe it's just me

I think I just have terrible luck. I was switching back and forth between factions and just could not get matched w/ the teams I was constantly playing against.
Bonkurz

Pyrinoos
01.30.2013 , 03:45 PM | #8
I've been away for a week or so cause of work/ boredom in general with the game, but was leveling a new alt the week before i left. Solo que only on the imp side. I kept up with win/loss record.

Thru a 100 games 78 wins-22 losses, with at least 5 losses due to joining losing match late. This covers levels 10 to 26, pvping only.
Am I trying to say this makes me any good, absolutely not, i mostly suck, but it proves that having a singular player on one side that has even the semblance of a clue, tilts the odds significantly in that teams favor.
Essentially, yes the pugs are really often that bad.
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | KorŠh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> LamÍch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

ML_DoubleTap
01.30.2013 , 04:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrinoos View Post
I've been away for a week or so cause of work/ boredom in general with the game, but was leveling a new alt the week before i left. Solo que only on the imp side. I kept up with win/loss record.

Thru a 100 games 78 wins-22 losses, with at least 5 losses due to joining losing match late. This covers levels 10 to 26, pvping only.
Am I trying to say this makes me any good, absolutely not, i mostly suck, but it proves that having a singular player on one side that has even the semblance of a clue, tilts the odds significantly in that teams favor.
Essentially, yes the pugs are really often that bad.
Yeah, in sub 50's a decent player can totally tilt the game significantly. I'd say I win around 70-80% of my sub 50 games most days.
Bonkurz

AsiriusNazriel
01.30.2013 , 04:33 PM | #10
Imo, good players have a much more significant impact in sub-50 PVP than 50. I agree with Lamech, and since most players have alts on both sides, the 'which side is better' debate is moot because in my experience good players are good through multiple toons. I seldom see a good player who is amazing on one toon and piss poor on another.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"