Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where can I buy double-bladed lightsaber/Assault Cannon/Sniper Rifle/2nd Lightsaber..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where can I buy double-bladed lightsaber/Assault Cannon/Sniper Rifle/2nd Lightsaber..

ZeroPlus
01.30.2013 , 08:14 AM | #1
Hello all,

I see a number of new players on the fleet who have just selected their Advanced Class and are asking where they can buy a double-bladed lightsaber/Assault Cannon/Sniper Rifle/2nd lightsaber/2nd pistol.

The answer is pretty simple: when you choose your Advanced Class you are given a "supply pack". It is just a question of opening your inventory and right-clicking on the item you will find there called "<Advanced Class> Supply Pack" and inside it you will find what you need for your Advanced Class.

Depending on your Advanced Class choice the "supply pack" will contain a new weapon and/or an off-hand item (or two if your Advanced Class is capable of being a "Tank").

Unfortunately, the game does not make a good job of informing you that you have been given this "supply pack" so it is pretty easy to miss the fact that you have what you want right there in your inventory.

Hopefully you came to the forums looking for the answer to the question in the title and I have managed to help you a little.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Stebbinn
01.30.2013 , 09:08 AM | #2
I'm constantly telling people of that supply pack, most of the time they seem to have sold it or don't have it according to answers I've got when I talk to them.

Some people don't even get the advanced class because there is nothing that tells you who to talk to or what quest to take to get the advanced class when you arrive at the fleet, so they just run through the fleet to the capital planet and have no clue where to look.

I even saw once a player on Nar shaddah, lvl 21 sith inquisitor. He thanked me alot when I told him he missed his advanced class quest and how and where to get it. (guess he was having a hard time without it)

Ridickilis
01.30.2013 , 09:12 AM | #3
+1 for your initiative but unfortunately this is going to drop off the page and most players who don't notice this in game, probably aren't reading the forums either. Also how many times have you received a reply back with something along the lines of 'oh I sold that a while ago'. hehe.

The one good thing is you can find the lowbie level 8 modable 'custom lightsaber' etc fairly cheap on the GTN. It's good for emergency's if they did in fact sell it and it's too far back to do a 'buy back' from a vendor.

Then again, perhaps they'll search google and this thread will pop up.

ZeroPlus
01.30.2013 , 10:10 AM | #4
Yeah. I too have a feeling this will drop of the first page shortly and those that need to know this won't find it easily.

The solution would really be to make it so that when you complete your "Advanced Class" quest by *actually choosing* an "Advanced Class" you would get a "quest complete" dialog box and that the quest reward is the "<Advanced Class> Supply Bag". This way people would realize that they have just received an item and would open their inventory and open it.

Here's hoping that this stays up on the first page or that at some point Bioware changes things so it is more obvious .

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Eternalnight
01.30.2013 , 12:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
The solution would really be to make it so that when you complete your "Advanced Class" quest by *actually choosing* an "Advanced Class" you would get a "quest complete" dialog box and that the quest reward is the "<Advanced Class> Supply Bag". This way people would realize that they have just received an item and would open their inventory and open it.
Here's a fun fact: We already had exactly that for some time during the Beta testing before the game went live in december 2011. When the game went live it changed to the way it is now.

ZeroPlus
01.30.2013 , 05:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Here's a fun fact: We already had exactly that for some time during the Beta testing before the game went live in december 2011. When the game went live it changed to the way it is now.
What a pity they changed it! I wonder what was the reasoning behind the change...

Irxyyy
01.31.2013 , 12:13 AM | #7
There have been a lot of weird changes between beta and live - most codex entries which are now broken worked perfectly in beta, "match color" option was already present and then turned off for months etc. You could customize your companions roles with kits. Its almost like they used some outdated alpha build for live instead of the latest beta and still haven't noticed, lol.
// believing is bleeding

Thundergulch
02.01.2013 , 11:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Stebbinn View Post
Some people don't even get the advanced class because there is nothing that tells you who to talk to or what quest to take to get the advanced class when you arrive at the fleet,
Sure there is.

Ridickilis
02.01.2013 , 11:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Sure there is.
Only if someone grabs every quest, you're not specifically directed to that mission. That's the OP's point. I mean, I get the point that the quest is right in front of you when you first reach the fleet but your mission log just says take a shuttle to DK/Corrusant at that point.

Stebbinn
02.02.2013 , 04:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Stebbinn View Post
Some people don't even get the advanced class because there is nothing that tells you who to talk to or what quest to take to get the advanced class when you arrive at the fleet
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Sure there is.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Only if someone grabs every quest, you're not specifically directed to that mission. That's the OP's point. I mean, I get the point that the quest is right in front of you when you first reach the fleet but your mission log just says take a shuttle to DK/Corrusant at that point.
Exactly like Ridickilis says, when I went through with my first character I didn't pick up any quests at the fleet, I though I'd just hurry to coruscant (was a jedi knight) and keep on leveling and thought I'd get the advanced class as a part of class quests, wasn't until level 12 someone told me to go back to the fleet and where the advanced class quest was.