Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Randomly crashes to a infinite loading screen!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Randomly crashes to a infinite loading screen!

Nizzemancer
02.02.2013 , 11:29 AM | #21
I played with the new patch for the first time today and I've been playing (including crashes/disconnects etc.) for roughly 6 hours and had this happen 3 times so far, 2 of the times I waited 30 minutes without anything happening, the bar is stuck at 15% or 1/6 of the way every time and the little "loading" symbol on the right is rotating as normal, the game itself doesn't hang (checked in processes) but the loading screen just sits there doing nothing.

I got disconnected at random before this patch too but then I was just thrown back to server select, now I have to close the game down and start it back up to continue, I'd rather be thrown back to server select than this BS.

Edit: 4 times... this time on the frickin tatooine balloon, thanks a frickin lot Bioware.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Rockapesmakr
02.02.2013 , 10:29 PM | #22
I'm also getting this issue, happens mainly while PVPing on Master Dar'nala Server. Been happening for a week now.
The Dark Side

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

LVCommando
02.02.2013 , 11:16 PM | #23
Yup...same issue for me on Harbinger since one or two of the last patches. I can be just cruising along, or in the middle of typing in chat or fighting and it will drop to a loading screen with part of the bar filled and just sits there forever till I force close the game and restart it. <bleh> pretty annoying.

WolfRadick
02.02.2013 , 11:26 PM | #24
Just happened to me, and im on The Prophecy of the Five.

maplejar
02.03.2013 , 12:09 AM | #25
Happened to me often today as well. I'm on the Jedi Covenant server.
Gamers nowadays seem to approach gaming as if it is work, or some kind of Amazing Race style reality competition, rather than an exercise in fun and escapism. It's like absolute perfection is the goal rather than simple fun. Why so serious?

Malaka_Blue
02.05.2013 , 07:51 PM | #26
Jedi Covenant server as well. Has happened 5 times in the last 40 minutes. Switches to loading screen and stays there. Has happened a lot this past month but today is ridiculous. Never happened to me before the 1st of the year-ish.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

Neerbeer
02.06.2013 , 01:53 AM | #27
Bump. This is happening to me every 2 min on Prophecy of the Five.

EndaiMajik
02.09.2013 , 08:47 AM | #28
It happened to me for a little while a few weeks ago, but yesterday and today it is doing it to the point that I can't even play the game. It's really irritating. Apparently it's been going on for many months because I found some topics on it from early-mid 2012. I pay to play this game, BioWare/EA, so PLEASE address this.

evasince
02.09.2013 , 09:53 AM | #29
I am also having issues with randomly loosing connection to the game while my internet is perfectly fine. I get stuck on the loading screen. Forces me to end the game through task manager. Happens several times in a row till I just gave up.

redtornado
02.09.2013 , 10:08 AM | #30
This is happening to me as well. It started last night about 10 PM. It is still going on right now at 11AM. This is very disappointing. Crash to ininfite load, then lost connection to the server error code 1005. It's happening on multiple servers, including Harbinger. I play mostly on Shadowlands. It had happened on occasion over the last few weeks
but now it is constantly happening. I can't play the game anymore. I wish they would Hotfix this, but, it looks like I'll have to wait for next Tuesday's patch to be able to play again. And that is with my fingers crossed that Tuesday's patch will actually do anything to address this issue.
Character is what you are in the dark-John Warfin