Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The current state of pvp.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The current state of pvp.

Greeve
01.29.2013 , 06:47 PM | #21
I don't seem to think anything. I read your posts and you were complaining that the class has become FOTM because they lowered the skill cap and now youre upset. Perhaps if that is not the point of your post you should remove all that because you lose alot of people right there with that argument.

Yes adrenals and all that stacking was a problem but it wasnt just that. before surge had no DR too, people were running around with 90% crit damage and they nerfed that too, and even then op/scoundrel was still op. Yes all classes could go for the same min max, but nothing was as broken as the op/scoundrel. CC and essentially own people in one combo. You yourself even said it. Currently rage is no where near what this was. Especially against people with a clue and any sort of non scrub gear. Just saying.

foxmob
01.29.2013 , 06:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Greeve View Post
Ops/Scoundrel nerfs...well lets see why they were nerfed in the first place. The damage they were doing back then (about a year ago at this point) is on par to what rage is doing right now and slightly better (single target rather than AOE). Rage hits like a wet noodle outside of smash, but these ops/scoundrels would have some combo that would literally kill you. I'd get hit in full plate for 7-9k on the last shot of that combo in full pvp gear...not scrub tier 1 gear, but FULL BM...add to that the fact that your life totals was way less and that was maybe 3/4 of your life and you can see why they nerfed Ops/Scoundresl...now you might say why is rage ok and not nerfed then? Honestly I don't know but I will point out that generally against anyone who is even remotely geared you will be lucky to break a 7k smash, they are generally high 4k-mid 6k depending on all the debuffs/taunts on you and your opponents gear...you only really get these obscene numbers reliably against fresh 50s. Add all the pvp gear progression they added and its not as bad as everyone makes it.
while I enjoyed reading your recounting of the history of the nerfs, I'd like to emphasize one of the things that the op is harping on about the current state of the game, as I've just come out of a vstar where I was literally and figuratively getting smashed by a jugg with 18k (I'm at 20.x): the other melee are caught in the crossfire/arms race between smashers and bubble stuns. they BOTH screw over every 4m melee, and life isn't exactly a picnic for the assault VG either. as the op said, you just have to be close to other ppl in numerous situations. vstar is a smash box. the middle of hypergate is a smashbox. aldarran has a lot of open space, but it's mostly useless cuz you're either fighting on the platform or you're doing it wrong. so...smashbox. those smashers are catching multiple targets AND they're bursting bubbles all over the place. so it's stun smash smash stun stun. respawn. rinse. repeat.

anyway...as annoying as smash is (basically eating it from someone who isn't even targeting me), nothing in this game can rival the frustration factor of stun bubbles - everywhere. I'd rather go back to the buggy days of soa.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

NathanielStarr
01.29.2013 , 06:49 PM | #23
If you are not playing a Marauder/Sentinel you might get away with being one of their pet healers (prefferrably operative) or if you feel like gambling a little you could be an assassin, but otherwise you are gimping yourself. Just a fact. I'm not saying that some good people that play other classes do not exist, but they would do even better on a Marauder.

Siorac
01.29.2013 , 08:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The current philosophy of the developers can be summed up with one small buff.

Problem: thousands of people complain that there is far too much CC in this game.

Solution: Make resolve fill slower and give a class an AOE stun that can be cast on every player.

GG BW.
Please don't say this out loud, it makes me cry.

LogicalPremise
01.29.2013 , 08:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
anyway...as annoying as smash is (basically eating it from someone who isn't even targeting me), nothing in this game can rival the frustration factor of stun bubbles - everywhere. I'd rather go back to the buggy days of soa.
Or Ghraj following you back to the fleet and wiping you? Good times, lol.

Bubble stun is .. well, I fear the reason it's so prevalent is that most people can't play their sorc worth spit and this is all they have to fall back on rather than learning to play. I'm sure someone will say that it's the only thing that makes sorcs viable, to which I won't even reply, because that's just admitting the person in question needs a clue.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L58 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

wwkingms
01.29.2013 , 08:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
Or Ghraj following you back to the fleet and wiping you? Good times, lol.

Bubble stun is .. well, I fear the reason it's so prevalent is that most people can't play their sorc worth spit and this is all they have to fall back on rather than learning to play. I'm sure someone will say that it's the only thing that makes sorcs viable, to which I won't even reply, because that's just admitting the person in question needs a clue.
so wait, speccing bubble stun makes a sorc bad?

should i not be using a powerful ability, cause as far as i can tell its the only one we have

thats like telling a jugg not to lolsmash or a pt not to smash his face across his keyboard for chain 5k crits
NIHIL

THE BASTION

LogicalPremise
01.29.2013 , 08:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
so wait, speccing bubble stun makes a sorc bad?

should i not be using a powerful ability, cause as far as i can tell its the only one we have

thats like telling a jugg not to lolsmash or a pt not to smash his face across his keyboard for chain 5k crits
If you think that is the only way to play those classes -- then yes.

Focusing on a 'powerful ability' that is going to be nerfed and no longer present means that WHEN it is taken away, people depending on it will be failsauce once more, while those of use who master more complex non-facerolling tactics will be unaffected.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L58 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

tekhiun
01.29.2013 , 09:10 PM | #28
I think the keyword on your post, and basically all you had to post was "HOTFIX" , really thats all that is needed , put those specs to the way they were before until the guy working part time on pvp can think of something that is not broken. But no, bioware decides to leave it in game cause even more frustration and disappointment to those who seek a competitive environment when pvping. What should have been fixed within a few days when the entire pvp community saw it coming has been left in game for months now and not a peep about an ETA to a fix.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

mtsr
01.29.2013 , 09:27 PM | #29
agree 100% with this thread.

And I has a PvP smasher.
Though I lack Bubble Stun cloth wearer in my PvP stable, Bubbles everywhere in pVp isn't well spoken of in-game.
From the KOTORS *8 years exp in mmo's

TrigPt
01.29.2013 , 09:52 PM | #30
nothing gets fixed until Makeb and lvl55 is released.
why would they do any balance changes proir to that?
anything done now would just get broken by the expansion