Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The current state of pvp.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The current state of pvp.

biowareftw
01.29.2013 , 12:00 PM | #1
The decisions made by the development team since I have quit and returned to the game are just baffling.

In the beta we were told that marauders/sents were supposed to have a high skill cap. Early in the game there were very few GOOD annihilation/watchman players. There was nothing wrong with this. The buffs to carnage was good and it also at least takes some skill/thinking to play and to get off combos (all of which can be easily countered with a stun/or a accuracy debuff).

The buffs to rage on all JK/SW specs are flat out horrible. There is no reason a class can't have a "leveling spec". There is also no reason that abilities can't be different in pve/pvp. We have no cost to switch our spec as a subscriber. Smash already works different on standard/weak mobs. It can be altered further as far as damage.

To make pvp even worse, and I have no idea who thought this was a good idea, we have AUTOMATIC CC (should never be in any game EVER) that can be put on multiple players (bubblestun). So you take one broken thing and replace it with another?

The only people happy with current pvp are FOTM rerollers who failed at annhilation/vengeance/tank hybrid/carnage specs. This game had decent pvp at release.

The rage buff and bubble sorc specs simply removed the skill cap and completely ruined pvp. Dot trees have counters. Carnage/combat has counters. Scoundrel burst/control has counters. A PT pyro can have their accuracy taken away and is very glass cannon like. Everything in this game has counters (other then maybe tank sin in a duel, but who cares about duels in an MMO, where balance is impossible in 1 v 1). A hard switch/charge smash (if you don't even know what a hard switch is, then spare me your ideas about pvp) by multiple marauder/sents/jugs/jk's has no counter, when you play in an objective based game.

Yes it is EASY to avoid both on SOME Classes. The problem? You are making only ONE melee class viable as anything other then a tank in rateds. Other melee get screwed way more then smashers by the bubble stun spec.

I have played every class in this game now and in beta. Only two things stand out as absolutely absurd and both of these things were additions to pvp? How does this even happen. Better question? How is this not hotfixed. Scoundrels/agents were nerfed very quickly and that was before people even had gear. Pyro PT was nerfed. That was SINGLE TARGET DPS.

Hotfix this stuff now. You have done it with other classes. If you want us to shell out more money for an expansion, show us you have a clue. Many of us bought DD and CE editions, and kept our monthly sub for quite awhile. We come back to give the game another chance and the pvp is now WORSE then it was in the past?
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 12:06 PM | #2
yes, it is another one of these "fix smash/bubble" threads. This one actually has well articulated arguments though.

/sign

MeatTender
01.29.2013 , 12:09 PM | #3
Well Powertechs/Vanguards have their AOE stun as a CC, just pointing that out, and I do not support bubble stuns, those damn things have give enough trouble as it is with how much they absorb.

biowareftw
01.29.2013 , 12:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MeatTender View Post
Well Powertechs/Vanguards have their AOE stun as a CC, just pointing that out, and I do not support bubble stuns, those damn things have give enough trouble as it is with how much they absorb.
Trust me pt/vanguards have very hard counters and add to that their tank AC is garbage in pvp compared to hybrid SW/Sin. Are they too easy to play? Maybe. I can absolutely obliterate that class on a sniper/op/marauder (don't even need rage spec) though

Also you are comparing apples to oranges. One is a automatic team stun, the other is a short range/short stun on a cooldown.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Groncho
01.29.2013 , 12:53 PM | #5
i don't care
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

biowareftw
01.29.2013 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
i don't care
What a coincidence. I don't care about SWG. Guess that means something we have in common?

Now go post about not having chat bubbles. This is the pvp forum.

Groncho
01.29.2013 , 01:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
What a coincidence. I don't care about SWG. Guess that means something we have in common?

Now go post about not having chat bubbles. This is the pvp forum.
i said i don't care for another post qq'ing about lolsmashmonkeys wich in fact are only considered op in normal WZ's.
and btw...l2sarcasm
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

iSoldat
01.29.2013 , 01:01 PM | #8
The state of PVP has given BW 14 days remaining on my sub. I wouldn't call it PVP anymore, more like PVBW.

BW broke it, they either can't or won't fix it, since it doens't fit into their F2P "cash" model...

biowareftw
01.29.2013 , 01:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
i said i don't care for another post qq'ing about lolsmashmonkeys wich in fact are only considered op in normal WZ's.
and btw...l2sarcasm
Joining a ranked warzones doesn't mean you know what you are doing. In fact realms have banned the use of both smash and bubble sorc in matches. It is not my fault you don't know what a hard target switch is.

Combat/carnage can be completely nullified by a knock back on a channeled ability. The dot specs of both trees can be nullified by cleanse.

There is no strategy to counter a hard switch multismash. Add to that? This game forces you to stand together at times. If the only WZ was huttball it would be different.

I main a marauder. I loved this class...until it let people like you play it with success and then claim it was in anyway balanced, challenging or even fun. Add to that? Bubble sorc was put in to helpy "nullify it". All that accomplished was screwing over the other melee ac's in this game.

That is why you don't see non tank sins in a WZ, or DPS op's/scoundrels.

You are suggesting that one stupid AC that was added after extensive testing is perfectly fine, when it isn't, and then accusing people of "crying" when they don't agree with you. I find that laughable. Anyone who can justify the highest dmg abilty being an AOE is simply insane.

It A) puts to much pressure on healers. B) When done in sync is an auto kill on at LEAST one person. C) Is stupidly OP on many of the warzones which require you to stand in one spot often.

You can't argue any of these things, so all you do is reply with stupidity. I guess if I had no argument I might do the same.

FateIsInexorable
01.29.2013 , 03:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
This may come as a news flash to you but melee are required to stand next to the person they are hitting. This may be a mind blowing concept to you, but if you played more then one class, you might have some clue as to what you are talking about.

Also seeing that the only challenging classes in this game whatsoever are the dot specced marauder/sent (even combat/carnage is leaps and bounds harder then the other ac's in this game) and sniper, you again have no idea what you are talking about. You probably rolled one of these classes and thought that they were as simple as your class. However they actually get more abilities past level 20.

Noone I know is going to buy this expansion unless bubblestun is removed. There is NOTHING fun for veteran MMO players about playing a ranged class where you don't even have to hit hotkeys and move at the same time.

If this isn't hotfixed in the next month? I will unsub. It is an absolute joke that

A) someone thought team AUTOMATIC cc was a good idea
B) they thought, hey let's not make it break on dmg
C) Let's have it unaffected by resolve
Why not save yourself the trouble and do it now?
Ma'tt - Vanguard -ToFN
Fa'te - PT - ToFN
DRAMA
http://www.twitch.tv/mattcv