Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor Crashes on windows 8

deadenddd
01.29.2013 , 11:28 AM | #1
I have installed windows 8 64 bit yesterday.I was playing swtor this morning normally but when i closed the launcher and tried to play again 30mins ago it went black on loading screen and got an error that the Star Wars The Old
Republic.exe has stopped working.Windows cant find any possible solution to fix this,furthermore i tried to change
the fullscreen to false but still nothing.What i am suppossed to do.I reinstalled the game but nothing.

Sharmen
10.04.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by deadenddd View Post
I have installed windows 8 64 bit yesterday.I was playing swtor this morning normally but when i closed the launcher and tried to play again 30mins ago it went black on loading screen and got an error that the Star Wars The Old
Republic.exe has stopped working.Windows cant find any possible solution to fix this,furthermore i tried to change
the fullscreen to false but still nothing.What i am suppossed to do.I reinstalled the game but nothing.
I am also having problems since lnstalling Windows 8 64 bit .. the game crashes to desktop also the latest patch is only showing 99.6% download on relaunch of program with no play button lighting up then I have to reboot the machine again to get the launcher to work any help would be definitely appreciated

Bstr
10.04.2013 , 02:26 PM | #3
I can play SWTOR fine on Window 8 64 bit, so its not that. Try some of the suggestions in the troubleshooting guide at the top of the forum and then provide us with more information if you are still having trouble.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

TWIN_SUNZ
10.04.2013 , 07:22 PM | #4
Funny enough I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and the game wont start without crashing....