Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

which companion suits the story best (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
which companion suits the story best (spoilers)

Chugster
01.29.2013 , 02:22 AM | #1
well ive just completed Balmorra and got Doc, who along with Kira is a great companion gameplay wise....but who is best story wise...I mean, Kira was important but she is now no longer a padawan and doesnt need to run around with her 'master', on the other hand a Jedi doesnt normaly need a medic in the field and Doc would be happy patching people up on the ship

so who has the greater impact in the rest of the Knigh storyline?
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

Ryat
01.29.2013 , 07:47 AM | #2
Spoiler

jupezz
01.29.2013 , 11:56 AM | #3
Very hard to answer without spoiling the third act. But I'd say for now, Kira still feels like the most natural choice - I used Kira during class missions and Doc for everything else.

Darka
01.30.2013 , 12:33 PM | #4
Some companions its 3 ways to say welcome aboard, no way to say get the hell off my ship

The_Shoe
02.02.2013 , 05:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
Some companions its 3 ways to say welcome aboard, no way to say get the hell off my ship
Heh, yeah.

Me: Doc, go bugger off somewhere and leave me alone.
Doc: Sounds great! I'll grab my stuff and meet you on the ship.
Me: DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!

____

On topic, though, it seemed to me when leveling that Kira made the most sense most of the time. Although, come towards the end story I played more with Lord Scourge as the direction the story moved made me feel like his council was valuable.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Zardac_the_Great
02.02.2013 , 05:54 PM | #6
In KOTOR, I went everywhere with Juhani and HK-47.

Why?

Because two Jedi are better than one (and I like Juhani), and HK had good firepower (plus, I figgure I needed to keep an eye on him.

In TOR, I think some of the same thinking would apply (though jedi are much weaker, comparitively, than they used to be).

I almost always take Kira around with me. Think Obi-Wan and Anakin. Two Jedi who are used to working together. Makes for a good team.

Scourge might make for a good end game companion, but I would trust Kira to watch my back more.

_biddan_
02.02.2013 , 05:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
In KOTOR, I went everywhere with Juhani and HK-47.

Why?

Because two Jedi are better than one (and I like Juhani), and HK had good firepower (plus, I figgure I needed to keep an eye on him.

In TOR, I think some of the same thinking would apply (though jedi are much weaker, comparitively, than they used to be).

I almost always take Kira around with me. Think Obi-Wan and Anakin. Two Jedi who are used to working together. Makes for a good team.

Scourge might make for a good end game companion, but I would trust Kira to watch my back more.
i'd trust scourge much more than anyone else,he might be a sith,but the fate of the whole galaxy and his life is in the knight's hands,he'd never do anything against him.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Bice
02.03.2013 , 10:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
i'd trust scourge much more than anyone else,he might be a sith,but the fate of the whole galaxy and his life is in the knight's hands,he'd never do anything against him.
You obviously haven't read the Revan book yet.

_biddan_
02.12.2013 , 01:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bice View Post
You obviously haven't read the Revan book yet.
you obviously never heard scourge talk to the knight.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

psandak
02.12.2013 , 02:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryat View Post
Spoiler
Very true, but...

Spoiler

Story wise I believe that Kira makes more sense than Doc. Besides the OT, where Jedi are all but non-existent, the order seems to send on missions Jedi in pairs. The pair either compliments each others' skills and/or personality, or one is watching out for the other.

In the case of Kira, you start out watching out for her, but the relationship transitions to skill sets that compliment each other.