Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Android Security Key App

StokesFiveTwo
01.28.2013 , 01:53 PM | #1
I'm not sure where to post this, but its about the android security key app.

The app has black letters against a very dark background. It is almost impossible to read. Occasionally and unexplainably the security key numbers randomly popped up as orange instead which contrasted perfectly against the dark background, but normally it is black letters on a blackish background.

As it is now, its almost impossible to read in a room with any kind of normal light. For whoever is developing the app, please please change the dark text to something lighter, or if there is an option somewhere that I am missing, please point me too it. Once again, I've had light text show up like twice for no reason, otherwise its the old unreadable dark lettering.

Thanks

Avalanchehawk
01.29.2013 , 09:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by StokesFiveTwo View Post
I'm not sure where to post this, but its about the android security key app.

The app has black letters against a very dark background. It is almost impossible to read. Occasionally and unexplainably the security key numbers randomly popped up as orange instead which contrasted perfectly against the dark background, but normally it is black letters on a blackish background.

Thanks
I've had this happen to me, it happens about 3 or 4 times a week. Something that I have found is if you exit, not just hitting the home button, but truly exiting you'll see that should fix it. My best guess is what is happening is the app is being run twice and it is causing the the blue text on the dark background.

Whizle
01.29.2013 , 10:12 AM | #3
OK, so yeah the black letters need to be fixed.

Here are the work arounds:
1. yellow number show up every time you restart your phone. (but who wants to restart their phone every time they need to enter the security key)

2. if you turn the phone sideways, the landscape view puts the black letters against a light background that makes them more legible. (but still, please bioware re-write the app code so it's all yellow all the time).

Portos
01.29.2013 , 10:52 AM | #4
an easier fix is to exit the app.. not press home, but press the back button til you are out of the app.