Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Un-Cool

Ridickilis
01.30.2013 , 10:36 AM | #21
I generally hate this as a catch-all but I do believe it applies here, re-roll on a pve server if you don't want to get ganked.

That's life on a pvp server. Yes it would be nice if people would be 'honorable' and only go after enemy players that were within a certain level. But then, how would you feel when you get jumped by 3 players who are all within your level who happen to be doing missions in the same area? Pretty much the same thing. The opposite side of that coin is you can call out in chat "hey guys we have 3 50's ganking lowbies at the czerka base. Can we get some help here?" More often than not you'll find plenty of your own faction's 50s jumping at the chance for an open world rumble.

So long as they aren't camping medcenters/respawn points it's perfectly acceptable. As per the pvp server rules it's not considered griefing or hindering another players advancement.

Never_Hesitate
01.30.2013 , 10:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
I generally hate this as a catch-all but I do believe it applies here, re-roll on a pve server if you don't want to get ganked.
I have to say as much as I'm disgusted by gankers, I have to agree with you.
waiting for ...

DLBoyd
01.30.2013 , 04:50 PM | #23
You have two options when getting ganked by a much higher level player.

1. Announce it in General chat
2. Ask (in General) for anyone who might be going to fleet to announce it on fleet in general

and hope there are players who are close enough (or higher) in level and willing to provide some payback.

Jestre
01.30.2013 , 05:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by guitarwiz View Post
Un-cool item #1 - This is an MMO...and a lot of people are working on the same quests. If you see a guy fighting a powerful adversary next to a flashing blue console, "Don't sneak in and click on it." I was there first and it's not your turn. This is considered stealing. In some countries they cut off your hand for theft. Very un-cool.

Thanks for reading and may the force be with you.
Most of those consoles respawn in about 30 seconds, I am not going to wait around for you to kill an elite and then click on the console while I twiddle my fingers. If it is a chest sure I will let you have it but those quest targets respawn ridiculously fast and many of them are usuable simultaneously.

Jedi_riches
01.31.2013 , 04:09 AM | #25
The one that gets me is the people who group for Heroic quests and pinch items that are not suitable (it happen to me last night playing one with me as a sentinel, 2 troopers and a consular, the consular nicked the armour off the final boss dispite it being a aim item and just stating companion gear without any appologies. there were no items suitable for me in the entire quest so I selected greed on everything)

Malleable
01.31.2013 , 07:20 AM | #26
Yeah I love the jedi that watches me fight a mob. Lets me get good and aggoed, then jumps to the mob, hits once, and run behind it to loot the chest. Really classy.

But they are probably kids that think nabbing loot is fun, until they run into people theyve done it to and get kicked from groups.

I think the community here is by and large really helpful though.

captaincr
01.31.2013 , 05:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post

That's life on a pvp server. Yes it would be nice if people would be 'honorable' and only go after enemy players that were within a certain level. But then, how would you feel when you get jumped by 3 players who are all within your level who happen to be doing missions in the same area? Pretty much the same thing. The opposite side of that coin is you can call out in chat "hey guys we have 3 50's ganking lowbies at the czerka base. Can we get some help here?" More often than not you'll find plenty of your own faction's 50s jumping at the chance for an open world rumble.

So long as they aren't camping medcenters/respawn points it's perfectly acceptable. As per the pvp server rules it's not considered griefing or hindering another players advancement.
That's a good idea thanks! Frankly I'd like to stay on the PVP style servers, a good evenly matched scrap between players is a lot of fun and what the game is about.

If I knew they were still there I would bring one of my level 50's out and see if I could find them.