Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion affection bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Companion affection bugged?

Ayakin_Solaris
01.27.2013 , 04:24 AM | #1
For some reason I don't always seem to be getting conversation affection increases for my companions going through. Companion gifts still work, and some conversations do, but not all, despite receiving pop-up notificatons of an increase.

I first noticed this on Wednesday, with a new Commando toon that I'd started on Coruscant, as I had a first conversation with a npc on arrival (one just outside the spaceport) and got pop-up notifications for a total of +45 affection with Aric Jorgan. I then happened to go into the N window and noticed that his total affection was still showing as zero.

I then did some testing so went and bought a companion gift from the vendor near the Senate Tower on Coruscant; received notification of a +96 affection increase and this seemed to go through as his total affection was then showing 96.

I waited until yesterday to use the toon again, hoping that it was a known issue fixed in the patch on Friday, however I then had the first conversation with Minister Imogh in the Senate Tower, again getting 3 x +15 affection increase notifications, but his total affection was still 96 after the conversation (i.e. not increased).

What was strange was that I then had the first conversation with General Garza in the Senate Tower and this time the conversation affection increases went through, however in subsequent conversations (e.g. with Captain Winborn) the affection increases aren't going through. The only difference was that after the Garza conversation there was a mission popup window that showed the XP/LS/Affection gains.

It's not limited to the one character either, as I just used an alt Bounty Hunter companion and in my first conversation since getting Mako with the npc Urgrec in Nem'ro's Palace on Hutto, I received 2x notifications of +15 increases but her total affection is still showing as 0.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

OwenBrooks
01.27.2013 , 04:28 AM | #2
I have noticed some affection increases from conversations do not add until the mission is completed.

Oudomou
01.27.2013 , 04:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I have noticed some affection increases from conversations do not add until the mission is completed.
Yes, affection gained from conversations do not add until you get the mission complete window. That's why every time you have a conversation with a companion in cantina / ship, there's that "mission complete" popup which shows the xp and affection gained.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
King for a day, Batman Forever.

Ayakin_Solaris
01.27.2013 , 04:47 AM | #4
I knew they didn't for things like flashpoints (e.g. The Esseles), but for some reason I thought that other conversations the increases got added immediately.