Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum Heroic Zones

Airsucker
01.27.2013 , 03:14 AM | #1
I might be spitting into the wind here, but as someone who plays on a pvp realm and plays both factions, why is there nothing being done about the people who sit in the opposite faction's heroic zones? All they do is wait for people to start fighting a group and then pop up and destroy you with three other groups of mobs. And once they get into a little bit of trouble, they run through some more groups which makes those groups aggro to the player. Now I know that being killed by anything after initiating pvp combat doesn't cost durability, but come on. These people sit in these zones for hours upon hours on end and trash talk your dead body after you got gang banged by 17 golds and silvers plus someone in full war hero and their companion. There has got to be some way of making these zones somewhere a little safer to quest. And this isn't as easy to solve as asking general chat for help. Either people tell you to shove off, or there's 3 people on the planet. This has been an issue since people started hitting 50. I would suggest, make the mobs red to everybody. (I'm not the type of person to just complain with no ideas to solve it) Or maybe make it a phase. Or put guard turrets at some point. It's kind of not fair to people who want to gear their alts or, God forbid, a new player with their first 50.

If you read all of that, thank you for hearing me out. I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

TL:DR = fix the pvp issue in the Ilum heroic quests, already. BIG PROBLEM!

Brimmer
01.27.2013 , 08:27 AM | #2
I do something similar as that some times when I'm bored on my PVE server. You get your friends to log onto the other faction and engage the mobs, then the game starts.

The game is see if you can keep the NPC alive long enough for the other player to be killed off.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

tpryan
01.27.2013 , 08:37 AM | #3
I believe this is a reportable offense.

Brimmer
01.27.2013 , 08:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
I believe this is a reportable offense.
Them killing the OP over and over again isn't a report worthy offence. Though the trash talk could be depending on what they're saying.
Spoiler

Inat_mivea
01.27.2013 , 08:58 AM | #5
killing a player in a pvp area is a reportable offense?! WHAT?!

tpryan
01.27.2013 , 09:03 AM | #6
I apologize....thought he was on a PVE server. PvP server you take your beatings and like it.

Brimmer
01.27.2013 , 09:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
I apologize....thought he was on a PVE server. PvP server you take your beatings and like it.
It isn't report worthy on a PVE server either, you flag for PVP you accept the same terms as a PVP server player does.
Spoiler

Phrase
01.27.2013 , 09:13 AM | #8
Sadly, on a pvp server, griefers like this guy are a fact of life. Maybe take comfort in the fact that your RL is way more enriching and fulfilling than theirs?

Sixgun
The Bastion

tpryan
01.27.2013 , 10:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It isn't report worthy on a PVE server either, you flag for PVP you accept the same terms as a PVP server player does.
I think if an opposing
player jumps in your AoE and flags you it can be reported

LogicalPremise
01.27.2013 , 10:20 AM | #10
If I'm on Ilum, all bets are off.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger