Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get the System to ask a new Security Question?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Get the System to ask a new Security Question?

Kirjalax
01.27.2013 , 12:06 AM | #1
For some reason I am entering an incorrect answer to one of the security questions I set. I cannot get around the question, and the system refuses to ask me any of my other set questions.

I have already accidentally locked my account once because of this issue.

Is there any way I can force the system to ask me a different question, as I don't have any issue answering any of my other ones?

thx.

nicosand
01.27.2013 , 12:21 AM | #2
stupid question, have u tried deleting your cookies and reseting the cache? or tried a different browser?

i know, i know, i just had to ask the obvious...

Kirjalax
01.27.2013 , 12:27 AM | #3
Well it asks me the same question whether I try to log in to my account section of the site or try to load the game.

It's just stuck asking the same question.

It's a little frustrating because I have my password but that's not enough apparently.

Logging in with a different browser doesn't help unfortunately

OwenBrooks
01.27.2013 , 12:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirjalax View Post
Well it asks me the same question whether I try to log in to my account section of the site or try to load the game.

It's just stuck asking the same question.

It's a little frustrating because I have my password but that's not enough apparently.

Logging in with a different browser doesn't help unfortunately
Not sure exactly what triggers it, maybe a change of IP address or waiting 24hrs or none of this, but simplest maybe to phone them if you cannot get it too change the question.

Kirjalax
01.27.2013 , 12:39 AM | #5
Thanks,

Where can I find the number? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

Kirjalax
01.27.2013 , 12:44 AM | #6
Nevermind I found it. Thanks.

I have the same computer with me (laptop), but have changed location (on holiday), so I guess it was an IP change.

Still, I did not enter an incorrect password, and this was the third time I had logged in from this location so it is a little annoying.

Kirjalax
01.27.2013 , 02:25 AM | #7
Ok Just to finish this off, I have resolved my issue.

The problem was that I had entered a typo when writing the answer for that particular question. This was an easy mistake to make as there is no 'confirm' when setting security questions and all characters are blanked as soon as you type.

There was no way I could have written the 'correct' answer, as it was a nonsensical word. The issue was further compounded by the fact that the system refuses to ask you any alternative security questions, as would happen in a person to person situation. So it repeatedly asked me the same question, which I could not answer, then repeatedly locked my account when I couldn't answer it correctly.

Thankfully I spoke to a really nice girl on the TOR customer service line in Tech Support who helped me resolve the issue.

I have been able to repair my broken answer and can once again log in, thankfully.

Thanks for the suggestions, and also thanks to the tech support phone people (Leica), for helping me sort this out so quickly.

Jayshames
01.27.2013 , 05:35 AM | #8
That's probably not the case.

I've been playing or months and I've answered my security questions loads as my IP changes alot and I need to retype an answer every time (I swap between 2 accounts lots)

I know for certain that my security answer was correct, but it was telling me it was wrong. I had to pay for 3 phonecalls to get it fixed, and for some reason the last letter in my answer was different from normal.

I got the feeling they changed it or it's some sort of bug in the system.
I know my answer was correct because I've used it plenty of times and I see the answer every day (irl thing)

Just mad that I pay for 2 accounts, I also pay for cartel coins and then I've to pay for 3 phonecalls for an account fix that wasn't my problem.

Anyways it's resolved now.