Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

item automatically bound to me after crafting please advise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
item automatically bound to me after crafting please advise

tordo
01.26.2013 , 09:54 PM | #1
I recently crafted 2 items for my other character.
1. Rakata War Leader Armgaurds Heavy
2. Rakata War Leader Belt Heavy

And as soon as it was completed it showed up bound. Now is this how it works? Otherwise what is the point of materials of crafting stuff if it isautomatically bound?

Of course I filed a ticket and as usual the customer support response was less than useful. Has anyone else ran into this? Is this work as intended. If it is the work as intended sucks major ***. Please fix your game.
-Tordo

Gloriella
01.26.2013 , 10:07 PM | #2
It is the work as intended.

tordo
01.26.2013 , 10:09 PM | #3
Wow Bioware really rocks at game design.

Thanks
-Tordo

KnightElite_
01.26.2013 , 10:14 PM | #4
That's only the case for rakata grade items that you get the schematics for from the vendor. It's intended to give a small endgame boost to particular classes once you hit endgame, the same way that rakata stims can only be used by biochem characters, and rakata grenades by cybertechs. Unfortunately, the game gear level has advanced past the point where those mods are best in slot and give a substantial advantage any more.

CarthSeverus
01.26.2013 , 10:25 PM | #5
They are put in to specific crafting trades as a bonus for that particular trade.Like what was said, most crafting skills once you hit 400 on it offers these rewards for maxing out that skill.So in other words,if you are a ptech tank,you wouldnt buy the schemes to make anything but what you can use for dps/tanking or maybe whatever companions can use.They are not bis anymore and really not worth the time or creds to craft considering you r better off just getting a moddable waist and wrist and get bis mods and armorings.
Get your free 7 and server transfer!!!!http://www.swtor.com/r/L8c2wS

tordo
01.27.2013 , 12:58 AM | #6
considering the amount of characters one could have if it was, something the developers could actually fix if given the brain matter. Or state on the schematic linked to crafter. I swear this game is designed by complete idiots.

How much ************ on SWG to fix that very issue with schematics or any other MMO for that matter. But apparently we have to argue that point with the brain trust that design code.

-Tordo

Missandei
01.27.2013 , 04:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tordo View Post
considering the amount of characters one could have if it was, something the developers could actually fix if given the brain matter. Or state on the schematic linked to crafter. I swear this game is designed by complete idiots.

How much ************ on SWG to fix that very issue with schematics or any other MMO for that matter. But apparently we have to argue that point with the brain trust that design code.

-Tordo
lol.. So you have fooled yourself by not paying attention for tooltips and etc and it is now GameDevs fault? lol.. Thats rich!
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Jayshames
01.27.2013 , 05:30 AM | #8
I'm pretty sure it says Bind on Pickup on the craft screen ;3

Stoofa
01.27.2013 , 12:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by tordo View Post

-Tordo
Might I suggest you leave this thread and don't post in it again for fear of you digging yourself deeper?
The "bind on pickup" craftable items are working as intended.
If you read the tooltip it quite clearly indicates how these items work, They are a bonus for you. As you reach 400 in your crafting skill so you can craft yourself a better item.
There is nothing to fix.

So, instead of shouting at everyone except yourself, realise your mistake, move on and this thread will vanish and everyone is happy.