Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant net issue

Velleron
01.26.2013 , 05:22 PM | #1
The past week I've been having some serious net problems with this game only. My lag changes constantly going from low to extremely high that it crashes the game. I have no idea what the problem is but I need to get this fixed somehow. I've been playing the game since release and this problem just started a few days ago and keeps happening. Also when I complete the black talon flashpoint and I choose to go to Dromund Kaas or stay at the imperial fleet the game crashes every single time. Someone please help me so I can get this fixed asap.

Eterud
01.26.2013 , 06:34 PM | #2
Same happens here,

it seems to be a scripting flaw, as I've tested my net and my computer thoroughly and any game of the same quality can run perfectly+the net is fast with everything...except for swtor

today I wanted to play on my republic alt, and my ms was fluctating from 32 ms to 88000 ms and back.
sadly I had an exp buff on ...totally wasted by it

OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Velleron View Post
The past week I've been having some serious net problems with this game only. My lag changes constantly going from low to extremely high that it crashes the game. I have no idea what the problem is but I need to get this fixed somehow. I've been playing the game since release and this problem just started a few days ago and keeps happening. Also when I complete the black talon flashpoint and I choose to go to Dromund Kaas or stay at the imperial fleet the game crashes every single time. Someone please help me so I can get this fixed asap.
The links below are in relation to the crash, as to the high pings there are that any reasons for it to occur, and depending on the path takes is likely a reason why one game is ok and another not.

Google other online games with ping spikes and lag no game is immune on the internet, finding the cause is the hard bit though.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589017

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634

Klarick
01.26.2013 , 06:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The links below are in relation to the crash, as to the high pings there are that any reasons for it to occur, and depending on the path takes is likely a reason why one game is ok and another not.

Google other online games with ping spikes and lag no game is immune on the internet, finding the cause is the hard bit though.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589017

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634
Yes Owen, an issue that is affecting a large number of players -- the lag spikes, is because everyone is on the exact same ISP and using the exact same path. Sounds like quality troubleshooting -- I can't see any wrong in your logic.

/endsarcasm
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 07:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Yes Owen, an issue that is affecting a large number of players -- the lag spikes, is because everyone is on the exact same ISP and using the exact same path. Sounds like quality troubleshooting -- I can't see any wrong in your logic.

/endsarcasm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming) , server side is a possibilty for lag but not the usual cause.

This is why places like battleping exist.

Klarick
01.26.2013 , 07:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming) , server side is a possibilty for lag but not the usual cause.

This is why places like battleping exist.
Hmmm let's see here Owen. I play the following MMO's:
1. WoW
2. Aion
3. Rift
4. STO
5. EvE

And a few more, but you get the picture. Oh, I also play Planetside2. In PS2 you literally have battles of hundreds of people in the same area of the game. I rarely lag, lock-up, or otherwise crash to desktop. This is not to say that an occasional lag-spike, or lag issue, doesn't happen from time to time in those games I listed, but SWTOR is by far the worst of any game I have played. Why is that Captain Ron? (movie reference)

Ignoring these problems, instead of demanding resolution to them from the dev team is the wrong path to take.

Klarick
01.26.2013 , 07:50 PM | #8
You know the diffrence Owen? 75% of the players didn't leave after the first 3 months of launch! No game is perfect. However, SWTOR is far far below the line of acceptibility, and this is why the game sunk so fast, and the reason so many employees lost their job, after two-phases of firings. To try and even compare the stability of those games listed to the stability of SWTOR is ludicrous. SWTOR has a problem Owen. Let's direct our energies toward the dev team so they will finally fix the problems and hopefully optimize the code they are using. If we don't, then this game is going have a short life-span.

Why do you keep ignoring the issue Owen? Seriously -- I was like you once but my eyes were opened. When will yours open?

Velleron
01.26.2013 , 07:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
You know the diffrence Owen? 75% of the players didn't leave after the first 3 months of launch! No game is perfect. However, SWTOR is far far below the line of acceptibility, and this is why the game sunk so fast, and the reason so many employees lost their job, after two-phases of firings. To try and even compare the stability of those games listed to the stability of SWTOR is ludicrous. SWTOR has a problem Owen. Let's direct our energies toward the dev team so they will finally fix the problems and hopefully optimize the code they are using. If we don't, then this game is going have a short life-span.

Why do you keep ignoring the issue Owen? Seriously -- I was like you once but my eyes were opened. When will yours open?
Definitely agree, this is the only game I'm having this issue with and I've played about almost every mmo that was listed.

OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 07:57 PM | #10
All games have issues but I am here to help people, maybe I shouldn't be, that maybe is my problem, some people just do not want or need help but just need to vent and yell and scream. it likely helps with the frustrations they have, but then if it is causing that much frustration and rage then maybe being here is not the best idea, games are meant to be fun. from now on I will help the people that want some help otherwise I am just going to ignore them, as I do not need the angst that you have. I much rather relax and play a game, if that isnt your case then maybe you need to find the one that is.