Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Quitters

EenVooral
01.25.2013 , 09:06 PM | #1
Something has got to be done about people quitting warzones. Today alone I've been either pulled into warzones that were 1/2 way over or on teams where we had 5 people quit because they didn't want a loss. If people leave because of DC'ing, that's one thing...but there are WAY TOO MANY wussies who don't wanna loss and quit, thereby screwing their team and the person that gets pulled in to replace them. It's getting very old!

If this keeps up I will start a thread to start posting their damn names. I currently have 10 toons that all pvp, and it's getting much worse. Please Bioware, institute a 30 minute penalty or something on these quitters...it's just going to keep getting worse.

DarkSaberMaster
01.25.2013 , 09:17 PM | #2
Seriously? You couldn't post in the other 10k threads about it?
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

V-Serp
01.25.2013 , 09:41 PM | #3
If you don't like it just don't queue up anymore. I certainly don't. And once you have your toons at 50, just un-sub, over 2M and counting have taken that exact option.

GrindStone
01.25.2013 , 10:17 PM | #4
Well, with a large increase in player base due to F2P. You also have many more players using sub-par computers an connections. Too slow for warzones an this does exist, so an amount of those people got kicked as soon as they loaded into the WZ. Even if they did quit mid warzone, what good does mouthing off do? It's not something you control, it's not your fault, so why do you let it bother you. They won't all be bad warzones, so just roll to the next.

Darth-Rammstein
01.25.2013 , 10:33 PM | #5
OP there are tons of threads on this topic, was it really necessary to make a new one for yourself? As for a warzone debuff, no I do not support it. Stop being bad and I'll stop leaving....if they were to implement a 30 min debuff I'd be more inclined to stay but I'd probably just afk the rest of match for the principle of it. Would that really be better? An afk teammate as opposed to a new guy in the party 10 seconds later?
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Houzukimaru
01.26.2013 , 06:41 PM | #6
Even consider sucking it up and taking your loss like a man?
Lieutenant Mij Galaar
2nd Assault Platoon Commander
Alpha Company
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Washingtoon
01.26.2013 , 06:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Stop being bad and I'll stop leaving...
It's not uncommon that the quitters were the reaosn to why the match was going downhill in the first place and that you'll see a huge improvement as they're being replaced. Unfortunately they're usually not leaving until it's too late for the replacement to make up for the quitter's mistakes.

More on topic, I'm against backfilling but think people should be allowed to choose , through an option when queueing, whether or not they'd like to join on.going games.

Chlomamf
01.26.2013 , 07:21 PM | #8
I always think that if someone DCs 2 seconds after fighting they wanted to quit but didn't want to look bad, so they switched off the PC or somethin'.

But yet again I always have been somewhat paranoid, which is why I'm good at solo defending objectives.

sauerkraut
01.26.2013 , 08:03 PM | #9
I've been playing SWTOR since day 2, so i can tell with 85-90% accuracy what team will win. It's not because i am a psychic but because that simple the SWTOR PvP is. So when i get into an allstar F2P, DPS nooob team with no healer and 14K health a pop vs a premade geared and with 2 healers i quit. I simply don't have time to waist .

sphyg
01.26.2013 , 08:07 PM | #10
I quit one today.

Got an alderaan. Agreed on 2-6-0

When we had an actual 5-2-1 lost both mid and snow in about 15 second, I left

If people would listen and stuck to a plan, people wouldn't Get as frustrated.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins