Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

RaithHarth
01.25.2013 , 08:15 PM | #1
So in the final act for the Jedi Knight story it's believed that the Sith Emperor was killed that was until I learned if your playing a Sith Warrior you find out
Spoiler
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

ShupFace
01.26.2013 , 01:28 AM | #2
Nah.

He's probably learned his lesson, right? Quit while you're ahead.

RaithHarth
01.26.2013 , 04:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
Nah.

He's probably learned his lesson, right? Quit while you're ahead.
the 2012 novel Star Wars: Darth Plagueis revealed that the Sith Emperor would in fact die a final time at some point before the book's events, thirty-six hundred years after the events of The Old Republic,

This would mean the Emperor is still alive

Beniboybling
01.26.2013 , 04:54 PM | #4
Well that's actually not the case, this is:
Spoiler
Does this mean the Emperor is coming back? Maybe, Hood also suggests the Emperor may be still alive in some sort of spiritual form. But if the Emperor does 'return' I don't think it will be in a corporeal form.

Here's a thought. What if Chapter 4 of the Sith Warrior storyline involved tracking down the scattered pieces of the Emperor's essence, which say, had attached themselves to the remaining Children? They could have the Jedi Knight story running parallel to it, or dealing with the effects of the Emperor's return...

RaithHarth
01.26.2013 , 05:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well that's actually not the case, this is:
Spoiler
Does this mean the Emperor is coming back? Maybe, Hood also suggests the Emperor may be still alive in some sort of spiritual form. But if the Emperor does 'return' I don't think it will be in a corporeal form.

Here's a thought. What if Chapter 4 of the Sith Warrior storyline involved tracking down the scattered pieces of the Emperor's essence, which say, had attached themselves to the remaining Children? They could have the Jedi Knight story running parallel to it, or dealing with the effects of the Emperor's return...
If the Emperor does return at some point in the game I hope it will be apart of an Operation flashpoint instead of a class story, I was abit disappointed how easy the Emperor was killed when he should of been more of a challenge.

Alec_Fortescue
01.26.2013 , 05:49 PM | #6
When the time will come and the last strike will be dealt to the Emperor, it should be
Spoiler
Who's doing it.
Spoiler
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Beniboybling
01.26.2013 , 05:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
If the Emperor does return at some point in the game I hope it will be apart of an Operation flashpoint instead of a class story, I was abit disappointed how easy the Emperor was killed when he should of been more of a challenge.
I would disagree. Because operations take away the story element. As do flashpoints (not so much) - e.g. the fact they are repeatable, co-op play, lacking in cutscenes and in-depth story/build up etc etc. I would prefer a set of class quests that some how involve the Emperor, perhaps culminating in his eventual destruction. But then again, I'm not sure how that will work. The Emperor is a big part of the Sith Empire faction. For one it will seem weird hearing people talk about the Emperor, knowing you killed him - and thats just one problem. Then you've got to consider what this means for the Sith Empire. Who would then be leaderless, who will replace him? What chaos will it wreak? Does this mean the Empire has lost? etc etc.

I think the best way of handling it would be having him the focus of a single, imperial class quest. Preferably the Sith Warrior, which makes the most sense - especially considering it is the counterpart to the JK. Giving the Imp side a chance to interact with the Emperor and that strain of story, without having too many massive ingame and outgame repercussions.

Oh and no death, the real and proper death of the Emperor should be dealt with in the form of a Star Wars novel. Not an Operation or a Flashpoint. I feel that would degrade the whole thing. The Emperor would just become another raid boss for elites to grind. If you see my meaning.

Beniboybling
01.26.2013 , 05:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
When the time will come and the last strike will be dealt to the Emperor, it should be
Spoiler
Who's doing it.
Spoiler
I would agree. The logical continuation of the SW's story line should involve the Emperor. However I'm still unsure whether killing of such an important character is a good idea... he would need a replacement for one, and who can replace the Emperor? (Don't say Darth Nox, that creates a whole world of problems!)

DarthRamette
01.26.2013 , 06:19 PM | #9
I can see Darth Jadus being a part of it possibly. In the Agent Story you are told that his power is only second to the Emperors and I can't see him going down w/out a fight.

Aurbere
01.26.2013 , 06:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would disagree. Because operations take away the story element. As do flashpoints (not so much) - e.g. the fact they are repeatable, co-op play, lacking in cutscenes and in-depth story/build up etc etc. I would prefer a set of class quests that some how involve the Emperor, perhaps culminating in his eventual destruction. But then again, I'm not sure how that will work. The Emperor is a big part of the Sith Empire faction. For one it will seem weird hearing people talk about the Emperor, knowing you killed him - and thats just one problem. Then you've got to consider what this means for the Sith Empire. Who would then be leaderless, who will replace him? What chaos will it wreak? Does this mean the Empire has lost? etc etc.

I think the best way of handling it would be having him the focus of a single, imperial class quest. Preferably the Sith Warrior, which makes the most sense - especially considering it is the counterpart to the JK. Giving the Imp side a chance to interact with the Emperor and that strain of story, without having too many massive ingame and outgame repercussions.

Oh and no death, the real and proper death of the Emperor should be dealt with in the form of a Star Wars novel. Not an Operation or a Flashpoint. I feel that would degrade the whole thing. The Emperor would just become another raid boss for elites to grind. If you see my meaning.
Yeah, no Op or FP. I think a novel would be a good way to conclude his story. If they did it ingame, I would like to see the Consular do it. That or the Warrior.

Spoiler

^It's not the greatest idea, but it would be interesting to see.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus