Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.27.2013 , 07:03 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Sex is not the hinge of my desire for same sex romances in the game. I won't go on a tangent, but let me just point out that sex is a part of life, and that in the end almost all romantic relationships (aside from those involving asexuals, I mean) will involve sex at some point to one degree or another. (And I totally support the idea of asexual romantic representation in games!)
I'm not saying that sex isn't important to a relationship, just that it's not the be-all, end-all that people are assuming when it comes to the romances in this game (particularly when the player is cut out of those scenes).

JediMB
01.27.2013 , 08:18 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
The above posts prove the point they think with the smaller head first, they are trying to look sensitive and any man on his right mind knows the above is quick way to get your man card pulled
I was told I lost my man card when I started watching My Little Pony.

But they didn't know I let my big sister dress me up in girls' clothing when I was little, that I sing along to "Part of Your World" and "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)", and that I own a couple of Backstreet Boys albums
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

amnie
01.27.2013 , 08:48 AM | #43
in other news, a 'nice' conversation on aldeeran yesterday that started with 'ew gay to come soon' turned into 'all women want an ******e', one guy complaining about never gettign laid because he's a nice guy and another guy claiming he's 'friends with many women' and apparently 'fkced them all'

mind you, this conversation occured at about 11pm server time on a saturday.

when I chirped in saying 'when a girl tells you that you're a nice guy and makes it obvious that she's not interested it means you lack personality' I was promptly called a ***.

oh joy. oh joy.

it's exactly these things why I sometimes HATE bw austin for not putting sgra in from the start, so these people would have never touched the game to begin with.

(yes, I want to pretend all the people who enjoy the same games I do are cool people. naive, I know )

Dremacilus
01.27.2013 , 09:24 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
in other news, a 'nice' conversation on aldeeran yesterday that started with 'ew gay to come soon' turned into 'all women want an ******e', one guy complaining about never gettign laid because he's a nice guy and another guy claiming he's 'friends with many women' and apparently 'fkced them all'

when I chirped in saying 'when a girl tells you that you're a nice guy and makes it obvious that she's not interested it means you lack personality' I was promptly called a ***.

oh joy. oh joy.

it's exactly these things why I sometimes HATE bw austin for not putting sgra in from the start, so these people would have never touched the game to begin with.

(yes, I want to pretend all the people who enjoy the same games I do are cool people. naive, I know )
Yes, bw clearly should have dealt with this issue dragon-age style , so that we wouldn't be having such problems...on the other side, I can't say I'm not amused every time I see a dumb reaction on sgra....you know, comedy theater...as to being called a*** after expressing your views, I wouldn't expect anything better from such people...although I must admit they have a small point. Some part of what you said made no sense. It happens a lot, but is , imo, a really nasty/insulting thing to do..and explaining it made you seem like one of those who do it, so I can (understand is too strong but anyway) understand their reaction...why on earth would a kind person tell you ,you are nice when they think you lack personality?? What's nice about lacking personality? Honesty would be more educative and productive....and now we are swimming in seas, far away from the topic of this thread...

kirorx
01.27.2013 , 09:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
It's hard to tell how much someone is kidding via text. So that's on me I suppose.

What smaller head? Do you think I'm a guy? That's rather funny that you think I am.

In that case, you can have my man card. I never got handed one in the first place.

I think my poor husband would be confused if I was a guy.

I'm a lady (born and raised) and I feel that way. I don't speak for all women, and I don't think anyone should speak for an entire group/gender. It's early Sunday morning here and I'm hanging out with my hubby listening to White Zombie. So we do have lives and we aren't all male.

Not being too emotional, just agreeing with Revan's point.
Touche
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

kirorx
01.27.2013 , 09:39 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
I was told I lost my man card when I started watching My Little Pony.

But they didn't know I let my big sister dress me up in girls' clothing when I was little, that I sing along to "Part of Your World" and "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)", and that I own a couple of Backstreet Boys albums
lol awesome
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

SithKoriandr
01.27.2013 , 05:56 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post

oh joy. oh joy.

It's reasons like that, that I'm glad I just turn off General Chat.

amnie
01.27.2013 , 08:50 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
It's reasons like that, that I'm glad I just turn off General Chat.
that was actually the worst I've ever seen. usually it's really not so bad and if it happens it happens on the fleet. I think the reason why it went as long as it did - and as far as it did - was mostly because there weren't many people on the planet (I think it was about 40) and nobody in chat was talking at all. there were 3-4 people ranting about not getting laid/getting laid all the time and randomly moaning about the new 'gay planet'. it happened out of nowhere, too, so I wouldn't even be too surprised if it was copperfield initiating it (copperfield is on my server and I can assure you he is not just trolling the forums but our server too .. but I don't want to accuse him further, it might have just been some random idiot, after all)

amnie
01.27.2013 , 09:29 PM | #49
I give up

SirGladiator
01.28.2013 , 01:12 AM | #50
Its actually kind've funny, in an ironic sort of way, how all the stereotypes and generalizing done by anyone playing the game is done 'because' of the way things have been handled. My mind keeps going back to Skyrim, because its part of a series that I always enjoyed, it was never one of my favorites but the games were reasonably fun, and when I played the most recent version I had no idea that they had romances at all (none of the previous ones did), much less that my female character could marry a female NPC. Thats because it wasn't a big deal, you could romance anybody you wanted, it made things easier for the programmers and more fun for the players, it was a win-win for everybody. The fact that they took the exact opposite approach in SWTOR is the reason why people are complaining way more about way less now. In Skyrim, literally every romancable NPC's sexual preference was whatever you wanted it to be. Nobody complained, because everybody had things their own way. Here, all the NPC's were set to straight-only, and now suddenly they're adding a certain number (higher or lower than 2 we dont even know) who aren't straight-only, and it generates controversy. There would've been no controversy if it had been done Skyrim/DA style all along, people would've realized that everybody was getting exactly what they wanted, and it wouldnt have been a big deal. If they finally came out and announced 'We're going to give everyone what they want, we're going the Skyirim/DA2 route from here on in' and let us romance all the characters that everybody else can already romance, there'd be a day or two where a few people would complain, then it'd be back to business as usual, that would be the end of it. Instead they're dragging this whole thing out, little by little, pretty much manufacturing and then maximizing the controversy, all while giving us about as little as they possibly can, for no logical reason whatsoever. It's long past time that they finally did the right, and logical, thing and brought the romances up to the Skyrim/DA standards, its easy enough to do, and everybody wins.