Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
02.20.2013 , 04:29 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
Was just playing SI and this totally got my hopes up (companion spoiler)
Sometimes it's like they're being just being mean.

Palar
02.20.2013 , 04:48 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I'm still hoping they go through and edit the chat option choices to clearly state exactly what you're going to say. I hate it when the line reads one way, and plays out a totally different way.

While solo, I don't mind the ESC out route, but while teaming, I feel like I should stick with the one I chose, even if it didn't fit how I saw my character acting.
The Escape method escape is a bit of a trap - gotten stung a few times with "hmm, they should have a funny reaction to that line, I wonder... no, they simply got ticked off at what I actually said and ended the conversation before I knew it." At least with DA2's awkward para-phrasing, it's possible to jump back to the last Quick-save.

Linyivee
02.20.2013 , 07:47 AM | #193
@ SirGladiator,

1st best BioWare song ever:
Lelianna's Song.

2nd best BioWare song ever:
Bastila Shan's Theme

When BioWare is creating these new romances, I hope they bring the above type of quality to the game. Emotionally driven, meaningful, and exciting.

SithKoriandr
02.20.2013 , 08:21 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
The Escape method escape is a bit of a trap - gotten stung a few times with "hmm, they should have a funny reaction to that line, I wonder... no, they simply got ticked off at what I actually said and ended the conversation before I knew it." At least with DA2's awkward para-phrasing, it's possible to jump back to the last Quick-save.
True. My Bounty Hunter had that happen. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

stuffystuffs
02.20.2013 , 11:45 AM | #195
I ran into this one yesterday while starting a female smuggler.

Hmmm....seems random female rodian NPC on Ord Mantel is flirting...I'm getting prepped for Makeb

Zandilar
02.20.2013 , 04:41 PM | #196
Heads up everyone, Update 2.0 is now live on the PTS.

It doesn't have the new planet and stuff, but apparently it has some new mechanics including expanding the level cap to 55. I guess this means RotHC isn't too far away now. (Makeb apparently will be tested in a closed beta.)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Tatile
02.20.2013 , 04:56 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post

It doesn't have the new planet and stuff, but apparently it has some new mechanics including expanding the level cap to 55. I guess this means RotHC isn't too far away now. (Makeb apparently will be tested in a closed beta.)
Noticed that as well - looks like they're testing mostly the mechanics stuff first? I'd go to the PTS myself, but I'm not much of a bug finder and only going in for a "poke around" seems disingenuous.

Not that they use the PTS for actual testing, mind.

stuffystuffs
02.20.2013 , 05:08 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post

I would check it out if my character copy would ever successfully go through XD

I do want to check out the new abilities at least.

Ildriel
02.21.2013 , 02:05 AM | #199
Just give us freaking lesbian romance to companions already, and a playable Torguta char would be awesome to!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Lent_San
02.21.2013 , 05:56 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
The Flirt or Deathly Hate options do make me a little bit concerned for the people who wrote the conversations, though. Have all their romances either been very flirty to begin with or been shot down in flames of aggression and fury?
I usually wonder what their motivation was, in doing this. Is it to add a little drama? Make it more interesting (but then how?)? There's lots of different ways of adding drama to a story, other than letting the char spout overly dramatic lines. Story-writing perhaps?

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I'm still hoping they go through and edit the chat option choices to clearly state exactly what you're going to say. I hate it when the line reads one way, and plays out a totally different way.
While solo, I don't mind the ESC out route, but while teaming, I feel like I should stick with the one I chose, even if it didn't fit how I saw my character acting.
True. I rarely group, but I hate it when my char exhibits totally different behaviour than the previously chosen line would suggest. It's misleading, as simple as that. And annoying to have to do it again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
Was just playing SI and this totally got my hopes up (companion spoiler)
With things like the above I love them a little, but also hate them for letting that carrot dangle before our eyes with no way to reach it. Here's my Corso. There's more but I loved that line. ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I'm usually "on time" but it's tricky sometimes. It makes me not want to leave my desk once a convo starts, in case I have to press Escape.