Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

twileksrock
09.19.2013 , 03:13 PM | #1941
It's funny because on my bounty hunter, Adidia, It seems almost inevitable that she and Mako would get together, and even strange to think they wouldn't. I set it up that she is absolutely heartless to everyone, except Mako. She can kill people in front of their kids, refuse to help desperate people, make fun of disenfranchised people, and hold a gun in the face of someone who looked at her funny but if mako wants anything at all it's hers, and if she wanted to disrupt important business for anything even going to the bathroom Adidia would smile and let her.

I'd kinda like to see that blossom into something more than my HEAVILY implied romantic interest in her. I could see Adidia as a nurturing gf calming Mako down after a tough fight sharing her secrets and killing anyone who would dare look at her mako with hatred. It'd be really cute in a dark sort of way.

Kira's also a good match for my innocent niave twi'lek jedi. A bit of an opposites attract but I always felt a hidden deep longing there. Kinda a "I tease you because I love you" thing. It'd be the reverse of Adidia.

Tatile
09.19.2013 , 03:29 PM | #1942
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Well, they have made it clear Class stories are dead - not much point asking about those.
And with it, every single other aspect of story, because why keep the writers around when they're not doing much?

Frankly I'm surprised Musco hasn't come in here and told us all to piss off.

AbsolutGrndZero
09.19.2013 , 08:16 PM | #1943
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Frankly, I find it very hard to see this as immoral when Balmorra was the Republic's planet to begin with and the population seems to prefer it that way. You don't get to be indignant about alleged treaty violations when you started the war and more or less forced said treaty at swordpoint.

Happens all the time in real life. For whatever reason the treaty was signed, it ended the war. The Republic, by breaking the treaty, are restarting the war. So, yes. The Empire DOES get to be indignant, unless you discover that they were breaking the treaty themselves at some points (as I am sure they were), then all bets are off.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Palar
09.19.2013 , 09:17 PM | #1944
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
And with it, every single other aspect of story, because why keep the writers around when they're not doing much?

Frankly I'm surprised Musco hasn't come in here and told us all to piss off.
That would be a Joveth move... Musco doesn't seem to be a *****.

Tatile
09.20.2013 , 01:16 AM | #1945
That would be a Joveth move... Musco doesn't seem to be a *****.
Nah, he just ignores us.

And to demonstrate just how much, I've promised to PM him everyday about SGRAs Which reminds me, I need to find a website full of pictures of attractive people...

Palar
09.20.2013 , 05:06 AM | #1946
Hmm... Vidigy? It's mostly women, so BW should appreciate that.

Highborne
09.20.2013 , 07:35 AM | #1947
Well, they have made it clear Class stories are dead - not much point asking about those.
....and there goes the single biggest thing differentiating SWTOR from any other generic MMO out there.

Looks like they plan to ride the Star Wars label really, really hard in order to make profits, rather than actually putting time and thought into developing good followup stories.

Birthofthecool
09.20.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1948
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Well, I might point out that in the Czerka framing story Imperial side the Czerka representative is a lesbian. Female can romance her, males cannot. She's the only lesbian in the galaxy so far, but she's a start at least.
My Male Merc had no problem romancing her. But on Makeb on the imperial Side, isn't the female intelligence officer you work with only romancable by females? I'm asking because my female chars are all still on hold and when I played with a male char, I had a flirt option for the first conversation via comm, but later only the male Sith had flirt options in my conversations with him.

Tatile
09.20.2013 , 11:41 AM | #1949
Quote: Originally Posted by Birthofthecool View Post
My Male Merc had no problem romancing her. But on Makeb on the imperial Side, isn't the female intelligence officer you work with only romancable by females? I'm asking because my female chars are all still on hold and when I played with a male char, I had a flirt option for the first conversation via comm, but later only the male Sith had flirt options in my conversations with him.
Nope - there are no lesbians in Bioware: Austin's world (because women shouldn't exist unless they can pleasure men, apparently). You get the one [Flirt] with Katha Niar (and she was Minister if Logistics and Black Ops, neither of which were associated with the - now defunct - Imperial Intelligence) but she rebuffs you - that is also a (straight) male PC [Flirt].

Twinbros
09.20.2013 , 02:52 PM | #1950
So a year has come and gone, and still no same gender romance even though it was promised to the player base "shorty after launch". And no, same gender flirts are not even remotely going to stop the call for same gender ROMANCE, notice romance is a different word then flirt. I don't want pointless, half *** content where I flirt with someone who means nothing to me and adds no growth to my character.

Straight players get companions (and not just 1 mind you, they have a plethora of 21 options) to help flush out their characters world. I would not settle for anything less then what they get, multiple companions of varying personalities, and looks. And don't give your player base the crap about how "hard it is" to add this content. It's been more then a year now, either your employing the most incompetent developers, or your flat out avoiding the content. Guess that would make it easier for you though, to keep saying "we will add it" but in fact have no intention to ever add the content.

It would take all of 2 hours to make it so that the existing companions whom straight players can romance, could be added so that gay players could also. The crap about not wanting to "simply have the same dialog for straight/gay romance" is beyond cop-out, because if you were so interested in providing quality same gender dialog, it would have been done ages ago.

Again nothing short of MULTIPLE same gender companions will suffice, because we all know TOR will likely try to cop-out by making a single companion undoubtedly female and call it a day. And if they do make a M/M romance, how much you wanna bet the companion will not even be human. Doc, Corso, Theran, Iresso, Malavi, Pierce...THESE or new companions like them are the types of same gender romance that I will accept.