Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 07:55 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
Concerning Sith Jedi padawans:

With DS Jaesa (LS would be no go) I would have her mention it to you casually that she thinking about sleeping with another woman and then you can go from that. It easily fits in my opinion as DS Jaesa is all about experiencing all the emotions. Nothing strange there I think.

Ashara is more tricky. I am not sure how fitting to Star Wars lore is, but this is what I have thought on the subject.
I would give her backround of Jedi teachings (as whole or simply specific to the masters she had) such thing to be totally unthinkable opposed to heavily regulated (as you cant have child from such relations). Due to that she tries to fight the emotions she has towards the female SI, would explain pathetic gift gains reasonably well. I would also put the romance threshold very high, even 10k...but I have feeling majority of players would find it inexcusably short romance.
they could go the route of Ashara sticking to her guns and just hating females period (based off her hard to please attitude as it is) and just keep her unromancable by female SI.

But if they went the route you suggested, nothing wrong with a short romance. It would be perfectly excusable. Not all these relationships are created equal.

DarthRamette
02.10.2013 , 03:58 PM | #152
Talos needs to be romancable period, he is that nerdy cute type I love.

Lent_San
02.10.2013 , 09:26 PM | #153
Aaand... snip. *coughs*

Gaaww, my Captain just had a conversation with Corso and Corso called him the best thing that ever happened to him, family, as much or more than his own family who was killed by the seperatists.

And then he offered to take care of my Captain's children, as their "uncle".....

Enough, ENOUGH with the innuendo, please...

(<< wants more, of course...)

Tatile
02.11.2013 , 05:14 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Aaand... snip. *coughs*

Gaaww, my Captain just had a conversation with Corso and Corso called him the best thing that ever happened to him, family, as much or more than his own family who was killed by the seperatists.

And then he offered to take care of my Captain's children, as their "uncle".....

Enough, ENOUGH with the innuendo, please...

(<< wants more, of course...)
Man, Corso not-around-ladies sounds a lot less creepy and over-bearing than Corso around-ladies. I'd reroll my Smuggler, but man-Smug has a very underwhelming voice.

Also, is it Spring yet? D:

Oh! I just had an idea What if one of your available [Flirt]s (and let's assume that Bioware actually gives a piece of cheesecake and has made these romance storylines rather than the single [Flirt]s they've already said they are) is a member of the militia that's out there and they're wearing one of those AWESOME berets and then at the end of the romance and you talk about seeing each other again or something you get their beret as a reminder of them

And it's a moddable beret, so unlike the companion gifts you can actually use it and show it off. OR Bioware adds in little ship customisations, so you can have a hat stand in your bedroom and you can put the beret there.

markcymru
02.11.2013 , 09:02 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Oh! I just had an idea What if one of your available [Flirt]s (and let's assume that Bioware actually gives a piece of cheesecake and has made these romance storylines rather than the single [Flirt]s they've already said they are) is a member of the militia that's out there and they're wearing one of those AWESOME berets and then at the end of the romance and you talk about seeing each other again or something you get their beret as a reminder of them

And it's a moddable beret, so unlike the companion gifts you can actually use it and show it off. OR Bioware adds in little ship customisations, so you can have a hat stand in your bedroom and you can put the beret there.
OR you could leave it lying on the chair, and the ship's cat could sleep on it !
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” — Margaret Atwood

Lent_San
02.11.2013 , 12:40 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Man, Corso not-around-ladies sounds a lot less creepy and over-bearing than Corso around-ladies. I'd reroll my Smuggler, but man-Smug has a very underwhelming voice.
Also, is it Spring yet? D:
I really love this suggestion. Reminds me of the red scarf and belt pouch that Fenris got to wear after he had entered the romance with my Hawke.

That was the most beautiful thing ever.

Both things belonged to Hawke, were shown to be in his possession before, but after the romance was initated, Fenris suddenly wore that scarf around his wrist and the belt pouch was attached to bis belt.

There was no explanation given, which I found even sweeter, since it left how he obtained those things up to your imagination. He may have asked for them, Hawke may have given them to him as a gift, he may have smuggled them out of the bedroom, we don't know. What we know is it was meant as a sweet and intimate way of indicating they were in a romance together.

Don't you want to add that idea to the Romance suggestion thread in my sig?

Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
OR you could leave it lying on the chair, and the ship's cat could sleep on it !
I just love your obsession with the ship cat. I wish we'd get some.

Merciter
02.11.2013 , 10:04 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
Concerning Sith Jedi padawans:

With DS Jaesa (LS would be no go) I would have her mention it to you casually that she thinking about sleeping with another woman and then you can go from that. It easily fits in my opinion as DS Jaesa is all about experiencing all the emotions. Nothing strange there I think.

Ashara is more tricky. I am not sure how fitting to Star Wars lore is, but this is what I have thought on the subject.
I would give her backround of Jedi teachings (as whole or simply specific to the masters she had) such thing to be totally unthinkable opposed to heavily regulated (as you cant have child from such relations). Due to that she tries to fight the emotions she has towards the female SI, would explain pathetic gift gains reasonably well. I would also put the romance threshold very high, even 10k...but I have feeling majority of players would find it inexcusably short romance.
I wanted my female SI to hook up with Ashara so badly it's not even funny. I'd divorce Andronikos for her.

That said, I think it's possible to have a same gender romance with her halfway though her storyline.
Spoiler

I can dream. If they make it possible to date her as a female I would reroll in a heartbeat.

SirGladiator
02.12.2013 , 01:35 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Merciter View Post
I wanted my female SI to hook up with Ashara so badly it's not even funny. I'd divorce Andronikos for her.

That said, I think it's possible to have a same gender romance with her halfway though her storyline.
Spoiler

I can dream. If they make it possible to date her as a female I would reroll in a heartbeat.
I would love the chance to romance Ashara also. I don't know what it is about her, but she's just awesome. It'd be nice if you could get her on the team even earlier, but better late than never...just like adding her as an LI .

Lent_San
02.12.2013 , 12:32 PM | #159
I know it's probably not fully on topic but I wanted to let you guys know that I contacted staff for a title change of the thread in my signature (the one from the Suggestion Box), so that we could gather some more general ideas for implementation of romance content in SWTOR.

Former title: Suggestion for future romance content in SWTOR >> Separate it from class content
Now: Suggestion for future romance content in SWTOR

Feel free to add any of your suggestions there, SGR and OGR. I figured we have quite a few SGR suggestions to offer, but OGR is great too.

I'd hope if we keep that thread alive, that would be the best way to pitch our ideas and maybe have them implemented, if they know what it is we'd like to see.

JediMB
02.12.2013 , 12:37 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Merciter View Post
While I'm pretty much set on doing the Adronikos romance with my Dark Side Sorcerer, I'd love to romance Ashara with my Light Side Assassin.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.