Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lium
01.25.2013 , 10:23 AM | #1
Did you not notice that your Force-using companions now actually turn their lightsabers off properly when you summon them or dismount?

I'm sorry but I was elated. I guess I'm just easy to please.

Wraiven
01.25.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Did you not notice that your Force-using companions now actually turn their lightsabers off properly when you summon them or dismount?

I also noticed...odd it was not in the patch notes.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

TheBBP
01.25.2013 , 10:29 AM | #3
You have not heard anything because the vocal majority only likes to complain. I have not been in game yet but this is great news.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.25.2013 , 10:31 AM | #4
You shouldn't believe it because people did mention it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...lightsaber+bug

Search is your friend.

MillionsKNives
01.25.2013 , 10:31 AM | #5
Someone did mention it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=590010

But of course, since it's on the 4th page it doesn't exist.

Sneakycheeks
01.25.2013 , 10:32 AM | #6
Wow that's funny...I always hated that bug..and I didn't even notice when playing yesterday that it had been fixed lol

Lium
01.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
You shouldn't believe it because people did mention it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...lightsaber+bug

Search is your friend.
Oops. Okay, my bad. Sorry for this thread then. It just wasn't everywhere on the forums like the complaint threads are. I mean, when something is broke, there are 30 threads about it in 5 minutes, with people screaming and yelling at BioWare to fix it.

This has been a bug that was in the game for a very long time and, while it didn't affect gameplay, it was extremely annoying. I figured having it fixed would warrant a lot of thank you notes from the playerbase.

My bad.

MillionsKNives
01.25.2013 , 10:47 AM | #8
Oops. Okay, my bad. Sorry for this thread then. It just wasn't everywhere on the forums like the complaint threads are. I mean, when something is broke, there are 30 threads about it in 5 minutes, with people screaming and yelling at BioWare to fix it.

This has been a bug that was in the game for a very long time and, while it didn't affect gameplay, it was extremely annoying. I figured having it fixed would warrant a lot of thank you notes from the playerbase.

My bad.
People showing appreciation on the forums? Now you're just talking crazy.

Blackardin
01.25.2013 , 10:49 AM | #9

They've also fixed the level 7 space missions. I have to give them props for that as I've been very vocal about this particular issue for the last month.

Credit where it is due.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Sledgeweb
01.25.2013 , 11:09 AM | #10

My bad.
But... you're basically posting another complaint thread, complaining that no one mentioned the bug fix. And, then complaining that people post too many complaints.

Also, I'm pretty sure the bug wasn't patched. It was just another screw up that happened to be favorable. I imagine it went something like this:

Joe: "Hey, Steve, look! The saber bug is fixed! Did you do that?"
Steve: "Uh, no. I just updated the Cartel Market."
Joe: "Whoa. Wait, so are you telling me we introduced a bug that somehow fixed a bug?"
Steve: "Dude! It's so zen!"
Joe: "You know what this means?! If we keep screwing things up, our screw-ups will screw-up our screw-ups and everything will be fixed!"
Steve: "Well, my friend, then prepared to be dazzled by some sub-par ham-fisted programming prowess!"