Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Sound Effects changed for weapon discharge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Smuggler Sound Effects changed for weapon discharge?

Wraiven
01.25.2013 , 10:09 AM | #1
Well, not really a question, I know for fact it has changed. Charged Burst and Quick Shot has had it's beefy sounds removed for whatever reason. Pretty much has lost it's luster. Is this a bug or was this change intended? It almost has me to the point that I no longer even want to play my Smuggler....so before I waste anymore time playing him, I'd like to know if it was intentional or not.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

-Sirus-
01.25.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2
Some of the gun sound effects are actually tied to the weapon you wielding. Have you changed that recently?

Wraiven
01.25.2013 , 10:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
Some of the gun sound effects are actually tied to the weapon you wielding. Have you changed that recently?
Oh, you are correct...but it was not always the case. This is what I am trying to find out. Besides, no weapon in this game has a beefy sound...they all sound dinky. It was the ability itself that used to have the beefy sound. This is no longer true.
-FIGHT-

Keypek
01.25.2013 , 10:30 AM | #4
Yeah they changed this with 1.5... ? I think. I don't know, been since this fall though with a lot of people complaining when it first happened. And they haven't said anything about it so assume that it will remain as is.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Wraiven
01.25.2013 , 10:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Yeah they changed this with 1.5... ? I think. I don't know, been since this fall though with a lot of people complaining when it first happened. And they haven't said anything about it so assume that it will remain as is.
Meh, figures as much...have they even mentioned if it was intentional or if it's simply a bug?
-FIGHT-

FINNT
01.25.2013 , 10:42 AM | #6
I remember. It happened as early as 1.4. (http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...und+effect+1.4)

Several special shoot shounds reverted to simple basic piu piu.
:laser:

Joesixxpack
01.25.2013 , 11:05 AM | #7
Yeah was 1.4.

I just started playing a GS again I'd left off with, and had forgotten about this.

:: pew pew :: "What the hellz wrong with my headset?!"
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE