Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 01:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lasstn View Post
Amazing that people cant just accept that people die, pisses me off tbh.

It ruins every single franchise out there, with all this coming back from the death nonsense.
That's your opinion, but Maul has done pretty well in the Clone Wars, and basically made the season. I agree with you concerning Mace Windu though, I think this guy just needs to stay dead.

(Bringing back the Emperor was also complete and utter @#!%?$ which completely disregarded the point of the entire Star Wars saga - however I don't reviving Maul and Fett had such a major impact)

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 02:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That's your opinion, but Maul has done pretty well in the Clone Wars, and basically made the season. I agree with you concerning Mace Windu though, I think this guy just needs to stay dead.

(Bringing back the Emperor was also complete and utter @#!%?$ which completely disregarded the point of the entire Star Wars saga - however I don't reviving Maul and Fett had such a major impact)
Course not, cause they were minor characters at the start.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 02:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Course not, cause they were minor characters at the start.
Exactly, bringing back minor but popular characters does not harm the franchise. If anything it makes it better because it takes the huge potential of these sidelined characters and expands on them. Before TCW Maul was just a brutish weapon of Sidious who did his bidding and then was killed. Now we see he is not an unintelligent brute, he is cunning, manipulative (and his voice acting is great!) and he want's revenge. We're finally seeing the good guys lose, especially Obi Wan who has been owned twice, the second fight was actually quite suspenseful, and Adi Gallia was killed. And we're finally going to see Sidious pick up a lightsaber! I really don't see the negatives of bringing back a character like Maul, who was wasted in The Phantom Menace. (And in the real-world its boosted popularity for the show, and secured future seasons.)

Not sure about Boba Fett, I know little about his EU exploits. But what I do know is his potential was equally wasted in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He said little and did little, his character was not explored at all. The EU is doing that, its exploring and expanding on a character with incredible potential, and giving them a good reason to resurface the Mandalorians. I see nothing but positives... except coming to terms with slightly implausible deaths.

In a nutshell, I have nothing against, and wholeheartedly support the revival of minor characters whose potential was never fully realised. Mace Windu is not one of those characters, and I therefore would not support his revival. And I reject the resurrection of Sidious for the same reasons. Some characters should stay dead, they've fulfilled their purpose. Boba and Maul are not those characters, they have so much more to give.

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 02:29 PM | #24
Point but looking at it in another way, they didn't really need to be brought back either. Its not like the franchise would have just died without em. It actually could have made room for new characters to be brought in.

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 02:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Point but looking at it in another way, they didn't really need to be brought back either. Its not like the franchise would have just died without em.
Of course not, but that's what not I'm saying. I'm just saying that leaving Maul and Boba dead would be such a waste of potential, its just plain silly. In such a sense they did need to be brought back, and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives (or rather 'negative' as the only bad thing is the implausible survival scenarios - which aren't that implausible.)

I mean, think of it like this:
Spoiler

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 02:37 PM | #26
Of course not, but that's what not I'm saying. I'm just saying that leaving Maul and Boba dead would be such a waste of potential, its just plain silly. In such a sense they did need to be brought back, and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives (or rather 'negative' as the only bad thing is the implausible survival scenarios - which aren't that implausible.)

I mean, think of it like this:
Spoiler
Spoiler

But anyway, focusing back on topic...ya Mace Windu is dead.

Arkerus
01.25.2013 , 11:04 PM | #27
Exactly, bringing back minor but popular characters does not harm the franchise. If anything it makes it better because it takes the huge potential of these sidelined characters and expands on them. Before TCW Maul was just a brutish weapon of Sidious who did his bidding and then was killed. Now we see he is not an unintelligent brute, he is cunning, manipulative (and his voice acting is great!) and he want's revenge. We're finally seeing the good guys lose, especially Obi Wan who has been owned twice, the second fight was actually quite suspenseful, and Adi Gallia was killed. And we're finally going to see Sidious pick up a lightsaber! I really don't see the negatives of bringing back a character like Maul, who was wasted in The Phantom Menace. (And in the real-world its boosted popularity for the show, and secured future seasons.)

Not sure about Boba Fett, I know little about his EU exploits. But what I do know is his potential was equally wasted in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He said little and did little, his character was not explored at all. The EU is doing that, its exploring and expanding on a character with incredible potential, and giving them a good reason to resurface the Mandalorians. I see nothing but positives... except coming to terms with slightly implausible deaths.

In a nutshell, I have nothing against, and wholeheartedly support the revival of minor characters whose potential was never fully realised. Mace Windu is not one of those characters, and I therefore would not support his revival. And I reject the resurrection of Sidious for the same reasons. Some characters should stay dead, they've fulfilled their purpose. Boba and Maul are not those characters, they have so much more to give.

There is no reason to explore BF. He IS a minor character that fans blew out of proportion. I hope he stays dead in the next set of movies. He may be alive in the EU but as far as LA is concerned, the EU is just fanboy BS that they let people write. The movies are their own canon. (And apparently TCW since LA directly tied them to the movies.)
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

TalonVII
01.26.2013 , 02:06 AM | #28
IMHO TCW is a bastardization of SW and isn't worth the poodoo it's made out of. BRINGING BACK DARTH MAUL?

Guy is cut in half and somehow MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVES? DAFRAK? Sorry no, just no. I knew I hated TCW cartoon for a reason. This only further proves my point.

Person dies in SW, LET THEM REMAIN DEAD. Seriously, anything for ratings these days...
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Beniboybling
01.26.2013 , 06:37 AM | #29
What I find strange is that barely anyone here against bringing back the likes of Boba and Maul are acutally giving reasons for their point of view. Only that the deaths where unrealistic, and then a bunch of meaningless emotive statements 'its StuuPid!' But who really cares about that? Surely its the character that matters, not how he died and how he survived. No one here has said that the reincarnations of Maul and Boba are badly written characters, why? Because clearly they are not, clearly they have brought no negatives to the Star Wars franchise in any way - apart from anger a few fans who thought their survival was 'StuuPid!' But then again I bet very few people here have watched TCW or read the Boba comics, so you really can't comment. :P

Go watch and read them, then come back to me.

Wolfninjajedi
01.26.2013 , 12:38 PM | #30
Maul...I could see surviving, I mean Vader willed himself back to life in one comic and survived on the Darkside alone. So Maul surviving? Is ok, though I question why the reactor pit had vents given that the heat from the reactor would cause injury to other beings I don't think that is entirely safe unless its in space...

Boba surviving however? Ya I find hard to believe, I mean what are the odds that he would find someone who was telepathically linked to the sarlacc then goad him into constricting the tentacles on his jetpack and launching him out?

But anyway I can let the slide, however what I can't let slide is him surviving 3 more times! Or was it 2? The 1st and then the other 2 times? But anyway, regardless no....1 time wasn't really believable but can slide...however I am suppose to now believe he can survive 2 more times? HELL NO!

But anyway were getting off topic here folks, Mace is dead, he ain't coming back...so deal with it.