Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, What do you consider acceptable damage, see pic inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, What do you consider acceptable damage, see pic inside

Khrell
01.25.2013 , 08:12 AM | #1
I'm just curious what you would consider acceptable damage. Here I am at 1287 expertise and got force sweeped for 6153 damage. Granted I'm missing 1500 hps cause i'm not rebuffed and usually sit around close to 18k, but is it ok to drop 1/3 of your hit points off in one attack followed up with a guaranteed force scream that hits for 3-5k and a finishing move for another 5k.

With 3 possible hits I can go from full to dang near dead in a matter of seconds with high expertise. It doesn't matter if I'm at 1350 or 1200 the smash/sweep damage is just too much. Here's a pic of me getting hit by a force sweep that finished me off

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps345b34a6.jpg

cycao
01.25.2013 , 08:21 AM | #2
6k...that's nothing.

Jadescythe
01.25.2013 , 08:25 AM | #3
I see a lot of recruit pieces on here... and it's still not that big of a sweep.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Shatterstar
01.25.2013 , 08:26 AM | #4
Wow, love those 31/31/31 specs.
You do realize that the big force scream hits come from carnage/combat, and that a hybrid of carnage/rage that could acquire the big force scream hits, would be gimped in smash/sweep damage and set-up? (They would lose the top 2 talents of the tree, force crush for shockwave build, and resonance for increased force crit damage. So they could only really use force choke to build shockwave then, and would do overall less damage even when they finally did smash.)

Everybody should agree that smash/sweep needs an adjustment, just as bubble-stun does. But presenting inaccurate data as your facts does nothing to help your cause. I am also pretty sure we didn't need another "nerf smash" thread, the other 3000 are more than enough....
The Darksabbath Legacy
The Shadowlands
Founder
Use my link for goodies (please): http://www.swtor.com/r/5CKl6v

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 08:27 AM | #5
The record so far is about 12k, I think.
waiting for ...

Genuine
01.25.2013 , 08:27 AM | #6
as the 1 in the expertise been photo shoped in ? i zoomed in on it and it dont look like the other 1's above.

that being said if that is what smash is doing in a DPS setup it is op i am just worried as a tank setup Sith Warrior that any changes to it will effect my tanking ability i
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

glocklB
01.25.2013 , 08:29 AM | #7
You may consider yourself lucky That's only 6k, recently i've eaten 7.5k smashie. Also i've heard about bigger numbers
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

glocklB
01.25.2013 , 08:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The record so far is about 12k, I think.
well, it's on pve-geared light-armored sorcerer apparently. Still OP is heavy-armored and has reasonable amount of expertise to eat 12k or anything even close
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

foxmob
01.25.2013 , 08:33 AM | #9
not a lot of aim on there for all that expertise.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 08:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
well, it's on pve-geared light-armored sorcerer apparently. Still OP is heavy-armored and has reasonable amount of expertise to eat 12k or anything even close
Yes, I thought as much.

When I want to play braindead on my jugg, I field respecc to rage as well and hit wh geared chars for 5k+
waiting for ...