Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More down time

Theguffin
01.25.2013 , 06:57 AM | #1
Wow great job

AsheraII
01.25.2013 , 07:20 AM | #2
The patch seems medium sized. Not really big, but we've had smaller. So maybe it's an update for that Gree event or something? Or for openeing up the test servers? Who knows.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Sjoperd
01.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #3
Why yes, I have just returned to this game after being on a break for about a year.

Have they ever changed the maintenance time to something that makes sense for the european players or is it still the same old ... ?

If anyone could answer this for me, would be highly appreciated!

Kampori
01.25.2013 , 07:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sjoperd View Post
Why yes, I have just returned to this game after being on a break for about a year.

Have they ever changed the maintenance time to something that makes sense for the european players or is it still the same old ... ?

If anyone could answer this for me, would be highly appreciated!
Well, just for this patch, it's gotten worse. It went from 8am GMT to 1-3pm GMT. fantastic.
But it's a small patch, and probably to fix things like 'Pubs not being able to do Taral V etc.
This Is Not Here

Assassin l Marauder l Sniper l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Juggernaut ll Sith Empire
Scoundrel l Sentinel l Shadow l Gunslinger l Commando ll Galactic Republic
@55. C.E.
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

Eztro
01.25.2013 , 07:31 AM | #5
lol complaining about game maintenance as if it should not happen. -1 to you sir. Bad form.
*No Bothans were harmed to bring you this information*

BJWyler
01.25.2013 , 07:33 AM | #6
Maintenance time is the same - presumably because the server infrastructure will not allow for a staggered down time for patches.

Today's downtime is presumably to fix some bugs - you know those things - just about every other thread created in the forums QQing about a bug and demanding it be fixed immediately. Then, we have down time to address some of the issues, and what happens? Oh yes, this thread again.

I haven't played that many other MMOs, but the ones I have also have regular DT for patches and fixes. As I recall, however, there are 7 days in a week and 24 hours in a day. If someone's play time is limited so severely that they can only play for 2-4 hours on only one day a week, then perhaps on-line games really aren't the types of games you should be looking to play.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Sjoperd
01.25.2013 , 07:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
Well, just for this patch, it's gotten worse. It went from 8am GMT to 1-3pm GMT. fantastic.
But it's a small patch, and probably to fix things like 'Pubs not being able to do Taral V etc.
Thank you.

welshnproud
01.25.2013 , 07:33 AM | #8
Great back on this debate again... Bioware is an american/canadian company they will do the maintence in a time which minimizes down time in their time zone. you have to remember we're on a 24 hour globe... if one area is off-peak another is in peak times. The world dosn't revolve around us europeans

Theguffin
01.25.2013 , 07:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Maintenance time is the same - presumably because the server infrastructure will not allow for a staggered down time for patches.

Today's downtime is presumably to fix some bugs - you know those things - just about every other thread created in the forums QQing about a bug and demanding it be fixed immediately. Then, we have down time to address some of the issues, and what happens? Oh yes, this thread again.

I haven't played that many other MMOs, but the ones I have also have regular DT for patches and fixes. As I recall, however, there are 7 days in a week and 24 hours in a day. If someone's play time is limited so severely that they can only play for 2-4 hours on only one day a week, then perhaps on-line games really aren't the types of games you should be looking to play.

BJ
they just had a 8 hour downtime, bugs are to be addressed there. but no instead of fixing things they create more problems.

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 07:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
The patch seems medium sized. Not really big, but we've had smaller. So maybe it's an update for that Gree event or something? Or for openeing up the test servers? Who knows.
Maybe the Ilum event they announced for january.
You just made me get excited.
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa