Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no TfB and EC SM in group finder?

Ghostius
01.25.2013 , 05:33 AM | #1
I would like to see OPS content in easiest mode, but at this point GF does not allow to queue for SM tfB and EC. I am kind of player that is not interested in HM or NMM, i just want to see,try and eventually kill those bosses on easiest level. Story modes are still too hard for unexperienced player going in pugs.

So could we get WOW-LFR version of all OPS, so that players who dont have guild/time/skill see all the content?
I would not even care if such "LFR" version drop Tionese or Columi armor, I would just want to see the content relatively easy way.
Atm, Im fully columi/rakata geared from HM FPs on 5 toons and I cant progress further with gearing/seeing rest of OPS, except for doing 1 HM fp a day for BH comms and dailys once a week. All that gear is earned thru GF meaning Im solo player ( no serious guild).
All this excitement with reaching lvl 50, gear up fast in HM FPs stops when you realize you cant do anything else. Then I let my 50s sit and roll new alt and level him up - got tired of it.

Cheers

schnopsnosn
01.25.2013 , 05:40 AM | #2
/cjoin LFG and ask there or in general chat for EC/TFB SM-groups?

Arovien
01.25.2013 , 05:48 AM | #3
Bioware has already replied to this question before (it was in one of the Q&A blog posts a while ago). They gave two reasons:
  • SM EC (they did not include SM TFB because TFB was not released yet) requires a significantly more organized PUG than SM EV/KP. As people get good, Bioware will consider adding SM EC to the queue.
  • SM EC (& SM TFB) have a gear requirement of at least full Columi. Currently there is no way to profile characters that enter the group finder.

Until the two issues are met, no SM EC and SM TFB in the group finder. Want to do SM EC and/or SM TFB? Join a group that advertises recruitment in general chat and GOOD LUCK.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
Aro'Vien - Sage Healer

snowmon
01.25.2013 , 06:23 AM | #4
cause its bad enough doing EV+ KP with people who dont have a clue.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Ghostius
01.25.2013 , 07:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
requires a significantly more organized PUG than SM EV/KP. As people get good, Bioware will consider adding SM EC to the queue.
[
Yes, im aware of that and thats it - why woudnt BW go with WOW-LFR model (sorry for this comparison, but looks most similar to what I refer to).
Let just BW do this:

-people who just want to SEE endgame ops do NERFED-SM of all ops and give them Tionese or Columi for that
- people who want better loot and some challenge will do HMs anyway
- Hardcore people who want real challenge get their NMM anyway

Conclusion: Nerfing all story modes would make everyone happy .

Kawabonga
01.25.2013 , 07:10 AM | #6
I agree that ec sm and tfb sm should be on gf, but nerfing them is a bad idea... if you just want to see the content, that's what youtube is for, they are easy enough already, there are just more mechanics involved. Adding them as tier 2 like lost island is for flashpoints would solve the problem of gear requirements, of course with a little good judgment on the part of the one queuing.

TheMarmalade
01.25.2013 , 07:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
cause its bad enough doing EV+ KP with people who dont have a clue.
This. Nothing like having to solo the puzzle in kp cause no one is willing to learn it or tank soa as a dps cause the tank doesn't know where to stand, or having to dps a maruader as the healer on the infernal council cause the dps sucks, or having to roll with three healers cause all of them refuse to respec to dps, or ...

Gyronamics
01.25.2013 , 08:18 AM | #8
KP and EV can be forced through with unskilled anything and liberal puddle healing to patch up inevitable screwups in a pug.

Until Fabricator that is. The hardest boss in the tier 1 ops and crusher of pug groups.

Now imagine doing Operator IX with a pug group and since it is a pug group imagine the experience every time you try it with a new pug group.

None of the EC or TFB bosses can be explained in one short sentence like: Split into two groups, keep clicking right button, kill adds. That's why fabricator is hard for inexperienced groups because there's a lot more going on which can cause a fail.

Making it easier is another recycling of content which is a cheap way to bulk out the game, we are already doing 3! levels of difficulty for one operation at the moment which is the same zone over then over then over again.

A sightseeing mode would be ridiculous, we already have endgame geared players 3 manning the 8m story mode bosses in EC.

Trivialising all operations into a tank and spank mode with the odd red circle to avoid would be saddening.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Vankris
01.25.2013 , 08:39 AM | #9
EC and TfB drop rakata gear, thus should be tuned ti present a reasonable challenge for people in columi, and be quite hard at lower gear.

However, EV and KP is tuned for people that just ding 50. just grab your tionese gear from the console and get into EV or KP and clear it easily.

For EC or TfB to be on the group finder, at minima, a gear check should be implemented.

Then, there is the question of skills...
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

LarryRow
01.25.2013 , 09:56 AM | #10
I'm starting to think that EC SM should really be added to the group finder. The fights are *really* easy and forgiving now, and nothing in there is harder than Fabricator.

Actually, I still remember being disappointed when I learned that the best way to do fabricator, on any difficulty, was to only use one nozzle. Lame.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.