Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Better PvP Class - Shadow or Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Better PvP Class - Shadow or Vanguard

MidichIorian
01.26.2013 , 12:41 PM | #11
Shadow for players who are 100 % dedicated to the objective.
PT for big numbers.

Megatfx
01.26.2013 , 01:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
Exactly what utility are you talking about?
Pretend I'm being really mean and sarcastic to you, as if I do then I'll get a possible suspension from forums.

Stun, AoE stun both on short cd's.
Grapple
HIghest burst damage in the game
Single and AoE taunts.
30 meter damage abilities.
Great survivability with 1396 expertise.

LordExozone
01.26.2013 , 07:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. So much that I literally facepalmed when I read his message.
Curious, that's exactly what I thought of you when I read your post.

Quote:
Let me tell you something about RWZ's since this guy has zero experience. They have some useful tools, but do you know what you'll be doing in RWZ's? Solo defending nodes. Why? Because you have stealth. You don't get to be at the fight unless it's brought to you, and the majoirty of the time you'll be sitting there doing nothing for hours on end.
I see that using your incredible powers of deduction you have managed to come to the conclusion that I have zero rated warzone experience. Unfortunately for you, you are wrong, I've played plenty of RWZ's.

Assassins are the best 1 on 1 class, and have the tools to defend an objective longer than any other class. That they therefor are usually relegated to guarding a node is not a sign of weakness of the class but one of strength. They can pretty much do solo what would require 2 other classes. If you don't like defending nodes is your problem, but its not a class weakness.

Quote:
Powertechs have the highest damage in the game, tons of utility and are by far the most fun to play. As a PT you can kill people in roughly 6 seconds when fully geared.
Marauders and Snipers both have the potential to do more damage. What Powertechs bring is the best burst of any class, assuming they spec Pyrotech. This comes at the expense of survivability. You cannot kill equally geared (elite) warhero players in 6 seconds (=5 abilities) by the way. Not even if every single attack crits.

Quote:
Watch my videos at www.twitch.tv/megatf if you want to see how the class plays.

Oh I play ranked.
Not on the video that I clicked. Saw your premade chew through some poor undergeared pug.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Saelos
01.26.2013 , 08:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Curious, that's exactly what I thought of you when I read your post.
Not on the video that I clicked. Saw your premade chew through some poor undergeared pug.
Sadly, I have to agree with you. It's amazing how many bad players stream on twitch. Within about a minute of watching his video I saw him use his expensive AOE on a single target, and a complete lack of strafing. In fact, I suspect he doesn't even know what that is. I almost was waiting for some backpedaling to happen. He literally walks up to the enemy and stands in front of them until the move. It was painful to watch. The only person who was good that I saw was the healer keeping him up constantly, but I don't know if I would want to stream a video when I am clearly been carried by my teammates. I wouldn't have said anything, but clearly this is a pretty arrogant individual, however the basis for said arrogance has to be questioned.

On the other hand, I think it is absurd to say Shadow or Pyrotech are better. Having played both I prefer Pyrotech, but the Shadow has way more utility I can't deny. But the pyro has amazing range so it's a tradeoff.

Pwnzorbot
01.26.2013 , 08:25 PM | #15
Why are people comparing classes at lvl 12 let alone saying one feels weaker or stronger than the other. Honestly Pvp in 50 much different from lowbies. Get to 50 and learn to get better...

Zakmonster
01.27.2013 , 04:51 AM | #16
Assault Vanguards are bursty glass cannons. You will see some satisfying numbers and if you're lucky you can burst down a healer 1v1 (no one is ever that lucky). You have no survivability, no mobility and very basic utility. Still, you can burst someone down pretty quickly, assuming equal levels of gear. You also get the pleasure of seeing someone explode to death.

Shield Vanguards are... confused. Kinda tough, but not tough enough and they have interesting utility. You get Storm, which is fun, and free Explosive Surges, which is not as nice. You can put pressure on people, but will never kill them.

Tactics Vanguards are sad, because they have a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Never played a Shadow before, so I'm only relating what I'm seeing:

Shadows have more viable specs and are more effective overall. They have a lot of utility - Sprint, Force Push, Stealth, Force Pull. They are horrible murder monsters of murdering. You won't ever get to see the pleasure of someone exploding to death, but you will win a lot of 1v1 and most 1v2.

-Holmes
01.27.2013 , 07:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
Exactly what utility are you talking about?
Really, the only utilities I can think of... harpoon and taunts, one of them being a ranged AoE taunt, which is ******. But other than that.... not much.