Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

25 mission log cap?? still??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
25 mission log cap?? still??

Holinyx
01.24.2013 , 03:51 PM | #11
why and how on earth would you have 25 quests going on at one time?

here's a crazy thought.....do some quests?
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Coldin
01.24.2013 , 04:05 PM | #12
It's really low. It works fine while leveling, but even then can get bogged down if you happen to pick up some bonus series along with some flashpoints. At level 50 it's even worse with all the space missions one can pick up, flashpoints, dailies and weeklies, speeder quests. I like picking up quests in advance, so when I do get around to doing the content, I haven't forgotten to pick up the quest. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to raise the quest limit just a bit.

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 04:11 PM | #13
I don't run into an issue with it all the time, but if I got interrupted while doing one the daily areas (say to run dailies with a guildie in another daily area), plus the vehicle missions, plus the weekly and daily missions for flashpoints and ops, plus the warzone dailies...yeah, I'll hit the cap. A higher cap would be useful.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TUXs
01.24.2013 , 04:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by danskyboy View Post
This has got to be the stupidest thing ever, why do we still have a cap of 25 on the mission log??
I agree 100%!!!

I think it was done to prevent players from gathering a crap ton of missions and running them all at once, but now that the game has expanded and 25 is easy to have, it's just a pain in the **edit**.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Whitering
01.24.2013 , 04:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
ROFL, what kind of fool keeps space mission in their log? Or low level bonus series? You pick up space missions two feet from the only access to space missions, your cockpit. And as for planet dailies, do you go to each mission hub and collect all missions before you do any? For real these are remedial management skills.
Because I am not often on my ship and I like to know if I have done them or not, or to remind me to do them later. I don't keep the planet dailies in, but I do keep the flashpoints. In Ops I normally ask someone to share it with me but there are still quests I haven't done (not dailies) on various planets that I have kept in my log. That puts you really, really close to 25.

I tend to only keep 1 space mission in there though.

Mugen_no_Jidai
01.24.2013 , 04:39 PM | #16
Agreed, this is extremely annoying for fresh 50s with the speeder quests/introduction quests. I usually have a number of things I'm slowly working towards at once, and want to be able to do anything whenever I feel like it without going back to my ship/the fleet to pick up things because I'm exceeding my limit. I go do dailies and have to finish some before I can pick the rest up. I posted about this long ago, though it was exiled to the suggestion box to die.

AsheraII
01.24.2013 , 05:36 PM | #17
I can understand they want to limit it somewhat to keep datastorage in check, but something could be done to give a bit more "stretch".
Make dailies NOT count towards the 25 mission total, but give those a seperate allowance. Tracking data for dailies should take slightly less resources. Especially the ones from terminals rarely involve any data about affection with companions, LS/DS choices, etc. So basically, we'd have room for 25 normal missions (flashpoints, story, weekly, one-off heroics, area, PvP, class & companion, spacecombat, etc), and on top of that, 25 dailies.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

DarthOvertone
01.24.2013 , 05:52 PM | #18
This sounds like a ready-made Cartel Market unlock...

Mission Cap Unlock - Raises the cap of your mission log from 25-50. - 150 CC
Alphazen, Alphamaul - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - The Ebon Hawk
SWTOR 3.0+: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Holocron
01.24.2013 , 06:47 PM | #19
This is a big problem, and a needless one in my opinion. The cap should have either A. never been put in, or B. had it's cap much higher. At low levels this not such a big deal, but from the 30's through 50 it becomes a real pain. I can't tell you how many times I have run into the cap, which has caused me not to get to play content when I'm ready to play the content. Between weeklies, dailies, pvp quest, space missions, heroics, class quest, and normal world quest. it adds up quick!

One usually unnoticed problem that makes it even worse are the bonus missions/objectives in a quest line. Each one is represented as its own separate quest in the mission log, and therefor takes up precious mission cap space. For example, while you are in heroic area you have to kill X number of X npc's, well of-course your log counts it as its own quest. So between heroics and normal world quest this can really add up, especially if you are having to solo stuff.

ziphii
01.24.2013 , 07:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
One usually unnoticed problem that makes it even worse are the bonus missions/objectives in a quest line. Each one is represented as its own separate quest in the mission log, and therefor takes up precious mission cap space. For example, while you are in heroic area you have to kill X number of X npc's, well of-course your log counts it as its own quest. So between heroics and normal world quest this can really add up, especially if you are having to solo stuff.
I was not aware the bonus missions counted! That seems like an easy fix to reduce the problem. I thought you guys were talking about the planet bonus missions, but they shouldn't count the additional missions you get that are "part" of another mission. Good grief!