Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

jediharrsion
01.24.2013 , 02:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Hmmm
If you won't believe me until you can finish your daily in less than 2 weeks you simply won't believe me until you're better or can play more. That however has nothing to do with the presence or absence of hackers. The rest of your post also has nothing to do with cheating or hacking so why did you bring it into this thread?
edit: I saw you posted AodhAngus after I had already posted. We agree its rare, so we're good. Best of luck to you.
Then give me a leap of faith i just got out of a match where i'm sure there was a hacker or 2.
What guild are you with and whats your republic name. feel free to queue up i want you to see what i see

AodhAngus
01.24.2013 , 02:37 AM | #22
Lol yeah I have a tendency to fly off the wall. Sonny Corleone syndrome haha.

Asunasan
01.24.2013 , 02:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
Then give me a leap of faith i just got out of a match where i'm sure there was a hacker or 2.
What guild are you with and whats your republic name. feel free to queue up i want you to see what i see
Asuna. Goof troop. I'm calling it a night actually but if you have a good enough computer to record your matches I recomend you do so, post them on the forums and then ask what happened. Our community is harsh but they will explain what happened as they say l2p. Just post the thread asking what happened in the video, not saying it was hacks, that might get it deleted by a mod without them even watching.

Alternatively I could do a match with you (I have an imp since I get the impression you're imp side)and do a match with you and explain what is being done, but it would be a 1 time thing.

jojoee
01.24.2013 , 03:01 AM | #24
I have been playing since the beta testing onwards until now, and i am still yet to see any blatant hacking. I have seen some exploits in the game such as being able to run through the doors on attackers voidstar (when game has not begun yet) and cap the door the second the doors have just opened (fixed) etc. but yea, either i have been very lucky not to be in a game where there was hacking involved. or they don't exist to the calibre where it is causing loses in pvp games.

There are also a lot of people that call my guildies hackers also which i find funny tbh. some people may genuinely think there are hackers due to their experience from other games (CS especially) but unfortunately, most people consider any exceptionally skilled players hackers because they play the game at a high quality in comparison to the accuser, so it is very hard to take accusations like these seriously without videos/print screens to backup the theory.

Mr_Elotes
01.24.2013 , 03:10 AM | #25
I will be willing to do the same as Asunasan since I play on the harbinger and usually am on my perch across from the PVP vendors on the fleet. Look for the toon in the signature or look for some one with the "Iswhodunit" legacy name. Please send me a whisper if you plan on inviting...I have issues with blind invites if I have no idea who you are. Just whisper me with something like "I read your reply on the forums and..." Won't be on till the weekend due to work. Also I play late night, usually starting at 10ish PST until I get keyboard face usually, the latter has nothing to do with me being unsober.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer

SomeJagoff
01.24.2013 , 03:28 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
Then why is it when i try to complete my weekly that its takes 2 weeks to get 5 wins! sorry but i don't believe you.
Until i start seeing a even playing field ( This will inclode finishing my weekly the same week and not being stopped by what i believe to be cheating team ) i'll continue to push for pvp balence and if that resuits in permade groups/guild made teams from queueing against pugs ( unlikely but by the number of threads on the topic it wouldn't surprise me ). then so be it.
I have 4 50s right now, on both factions, I get my weekly done on all of them in about a day, usually in a few hours. Some of the wins are while on premades I get invited to, but majority of the time it's at off hours, like right now, while in solo queue.

Generally speaking imps win more during the night and pubs win more during the day. So if you're getting a losing streak and already finished your pvp daily, just wait a few hours or switch to the opposite faction. If you don't have an opposite faction toon, level one.

I agree that the majority of losses are usually from the brilliant system in place that tends to frequently put full premade against full pug (and undergeared ones at that), but that's hardly cheating on any of the players parts, it's just a really terrible matchmaking system. Maybe bioware will fix it in the future, but probably not.

As for genuine hacking in the game, a lot of stuff that looks like it could be speedhacking is usually just really bad lag/losing sync with the server. Though, I have had some matches where guys in NC capped all 3 nodes 30 seconds before the match started/gates opened and matches where the bomb was planted in VS right as we dropped down as defenders. Things like that are definitely hacks, but that's been a handful of matches in the past couple of months. Free to play has definitely increased it though, since I never really saw any for sure hacking the previous year.

So unless you're in a match where all the nodes are capped before you're out of the gate, it's hard to call it hacking. If it's just a bunch of premades pugstomping, then it's definitely annoying, but not hacking.
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

ElyonRand
01.24.2013 , 03:33 AM | #27
At the end of the day, BW had been investigating supposed hacks, and there is evidence that people were banned; the warning given in the login. If the people are genuinely hacking, BW will know, they do check as hackers are not beneficial to game play.

If people you think are hacking, and have reported for doing so, are not, then they won't have been banned. If 'nothing' has been done about the 'hackers' in your server, then you were likely wrong in your judgement. End of.

sabbrina
01.24.2013 , 08:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
I am just dying to see all this hacking. Please provide some proof, or a crude drawing, or maybe even a description of this incredible hacking pandemic going on. I played 30 matches Tuesday, got the weekly done on two characters. Today I did another 20 or so. And this is about average for me. I've been an active PvPer since launch and played closed beta for 6 months. I've never seen hacking in this game.
are you kidding me your guild is some of the worst out there as far as cheating goes, you guys constantly change guilds to keep the devs from pin pointing the real hackers

TUXs
01.24.2013 , 09:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
are you kidding me your guild is some of the worst out there as far as cheating goes, you guys constantly change guilds to keep the devs from pin pointing the real hackers
What server/guild are they? PM if you'd prefer not to post it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

TalonKorr
01.24.2013 , 09:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
That's rich. Where's the proof.
Feesh - Adrams / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Merc/PT
Retired: Flak/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen