Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with slave suit.

Hyfy
01.24.2013 , 07:06 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Wow... can you get anymore into an obvious statement that isn't even touching the subject of the original post on such a flame-worth post that'll probably get deleted once BW reviews it?
Wow, could you completely ignore the progression of that particular conversation and then completely ignore where HE tried equating those to a basic right? So yes I made a non veiled statement about his assertion that they were. Wow, could you please try to keep up?

Edit: I am however a bit surprised myself even; that with the obvious intervention of Bioware with the moving of the thread that that particular post was not removed and sanitized.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Tarn_Sirun
01.24.2013 , 07:30 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
You mean like the slave collar in the Social outfit on Belsavis?
yes, like that, thanks for the spot.

Ailie
01.24.2013 , 07:35 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
A loin cloth deal I have no problem with. Hell you could even ask for something similar to the boss on Hoth (the sons of Palawa or whatever their name was) with his loin cloth. My issue comes in with the asking for males to be able to wear the same slave outfit that is in game now. Which I am well aware that you were not asking for BUT was what the OP was asking for.
Well ultimately it would be the same item, but they could easily mod it to appear differently, just like many robes currently do for female characters. It would look rather silly otherwise, I mean could you imagine a bikini top on body type 3? There's not enough durasteel in the world to cover up those pecs!
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Ixum
01.24.2013 , 10:41 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Just a loincloth would suffice, it'd be the easiest piece of clothing the designers can make. Or just adapt the current dancer bottoms to the male body type

And don't worry Hyfy, I'm still no asking for the bikini top so it's not cross dressing. I'll even let them take the 'female-only' tag off the pieces so it's all legit
A loincloth would be the best way to go, could be slave rags or what ever. Giving male chars the exact same slave girl outfit is overreaching imo and something that we wont get (tho personally I wouldn't mind it)
The Male Eyecandy thread!

Game of Ixum @ TUMBLR

Toyboy | Splashy | Thrilldrill | Spray | Lustus | Zwallow | Virilo | Hotgun of Nano @ TOFN
Fappo Red Arcadia EU @ The Progenitor

MGriffith
01.25.2013 , 06:17 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
Not in my region or country. I understand what you're trying to say. I'm a progressive person. I came to accept many things that would not be "ok" years ago, but I feel it's necessary to preserve at least some of our social norms. I'm not forcing anyone. I'm voicing my opposition. I don't want to look at it in real life and I will be forced to look at it in open world, warzones and FPs. "You can leave" is quite limiting and time wasting.
Not so very progressive really when you are arguing that your right to not see something trumps somebody else's right to wear something. Especially when both desires are irrational (in that they have no rational or reasoned ground to them other than 'I want to')

And trust me, as a woman I have lots and lots of experience with other people telling me what (not) to wear, and with judging me for what I choose to wear, and even holding me responsible for their reaction to my wearing something.
Personally I think the slave woman outfit is offensive, but I get to look at it all the time and I don't get to deny people from wearing it.
Even more ludicrous is how so many people in this thread graciously 'allow' certain types of outfits, as if their approval is required for anything.

If a player wants to dress his or her male character in the slave woman outfit the other players do not get to veto that because such a sight somehow 'hurts their delicate sensibilities'. You can be offended all you want but you, nor anybody else, is the arbitrator of how somebody else can or can not dress. You don't get to ban the use of belly baring tops on female characters, nor the jedi robes, nor the colour green in outfits. And not the use of female clothing for male characters (or vice versa) either.

Bioware has chosen to make clothing only that does not challenge gender stereotypes, but if they change their position then obvioulsy people are free to wear whatever they like with a bit more choice. And players have every right to ask Bioware to revise their position on the subject on gender stereotyping of clothing. Nobody gets to deny them that right, and the opinion of other players when it comes to requests and suggestions is entirely irrelevant.

Hyfy
01.25.2013 , 08:52 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by MGriffith View Post
Not so very progressive really when you are arguing that your right to not see something trumps somebody else's right to wear something. Especially when both desires are irrational (in that they have no rational or reasoned ground to them other than 'I want to')

And trust me, as a woman I have lots and lots of experience with other people telling me what (not) to wear, and with judging me for what I choose to wear, and even holding me responsible for their reaction to my wearing something.
Personally I think the slave woman outfit is offensive, but I get to look at it all the time and I don't get to deny people from wearing it.
Even more ludicrous is how so many people in this thread graciously 'allow' certain types of outfits, as if their approval is required for anything.

If a player wants to dress his or her male character in the slave woman outfit the other players do not get to veto that because such a sight somehow 'hurts their delicate sensibilities'. You can be offended all you want but you, nor anybody else, is the arbitrator of how somebody else can or can not dress. You don't get to ban the use of belly baring tops on female characters, nor the jedi robes, nor the colour green in outfits. And not the use of female clothing for male characters (or vice versa) either.

Bioware has chosen to make clothing only that does not challenge gender stereotypes, but if they change their position then obvioulsy people are free to wear whatever they like with a bit more choice. And players have every right to ask Bioware to revise their position on the subject on gender stereotyping of clothing. Nobody gets to deny them that right, and the opinion of other players when it comes to requests and suggestions is entirely irrelevant.
And your telling someone that they are not allowed to voice their opinion if it does not fall in line with your own. Do you not see the hypocrisy in that? Now at which point Bioware decides they want to add the ability to do so then there is not much I can do about it but speak with my wallet if I so choose, but until that time being able to voice your support or voice my non support of said idea is not something that should be infringed upon. I don't wish to have your opinion squelched even though I disagree with it on this matter why would you wish to squelch mine? There in lies the hypocrisy I was speaking of.

Also what you take as a slight, what we are "allowing", do you not understand what making a compromise is? We are offering up what we would see as a suitable compromise, where each side gives a little to find a common ground that we can agree on so that all parties walk away as happy as possible. But again this falls back onto if it doesn't agree with and fall in line completely with your opinion then other people shouldn't be able to voice it huh? The funny part is you are just as rigid in your thinking as people you are essentially chastising for being rigid in theirs.

Revanchis
01.25.2013 , 10:22 AM | #237
Wow, could you completely ignore the progression of that particular conversation and then completely ignore where HE tried equating those to a basic right? So yes I made a non veiled statement about his assertion that they were. Wow, could you please try to keep up?

Edit: I am however a bit surprised myself even; that with the obvious intervention of Bioware with the moving of the thread that that particular post was not removed and sanitized.
It wouldn't be sanitizing. You flagrantly broke the ToS by discussing real world political issues. Don't say you're being censored when you go around breaking the rules you agreed to.

And your telling someone that they are not allowed to voice their opinion if it does not fall in line with your own. Do you not see the hypocrisy in that? Now at which point Bioware decides they want to add the ability to do so then there is not much I can do about it but speak with my wallet if I so choose, but until that time being able to voice your support or voice my non support of said idea is not something that should be infringed upon. I don't wish to have your opinion squelched even though I disagree with it on this matter why would you wish to squelch mine? There in lies the hypocrisy I was speaking of.
And this is why there's no point in arguing with people like this. They do all kinds of mental gymnastics to try and flip the situation around so that they come out ahead. There can be no rational discussion when both sides aren't coming at it from an even position. (Naturally of course this entire post will be flipped around by the persecution complex so that we're actually trying to silence their beliefs of silencing us.)

Hyfy
01.25.2013 , 10:46 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
It wouldn't be sanitizing. You flagrantly broke the ToS by discussing real world political issues. Don't say you're being censored when you go around breaking the rules you agreed to.

And this is why there's no point in arguing with people like this. They do all kinds of mental gymnastics to try and flip the situation around so that they come out ahead. There can be no rational discussion when both sides aren't coming at it from an even position. (Naturally of course this entire post will be flipped around by the persecution complex so that we're actually trying to silence their beliefs of silencing us.)
I said even just disagreeing with them in the past had warranted sanatizing of the thread by them.

CommunitySupport
01.25.2013 , 11:00 AM | #239
Hello everyone,

We do appreciate those of you that have taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns about this suggestion, specifically. However,we will be closing this thread, as it has gotten exceptionally off topic and there is little room for constructive discussion.

Additionally, several posts have been removed from this thread. As a reminder, real-world political, social and religious discussions do not belong on the forums due to their volatile nature. While we encourage constructive criticism and civil debate, we ask that all community members respect one another regardless of differences in opinion.

Thank you for your understanding.