Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Problem with slave suit.


themepark's Avatar


themepark
01.23.2013 , 06:39 PM | #1
Hello everyone, I want to bring up a problem that I have been dealing with in this game.

I am a male, and I am gay. I want to wear the slave suit outfit, however, I don't want to make a female charecter, because that won't go with my RP. If you guys could add the option for males to wear this, that would be great.

Thank you bioware.

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
01.23.2013 , 08:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Why? It's a legitimate request. I want to see it too and frankly it should be an option. The fact that it is not is quite disgraceful and rather sexist
What does the invisible shirt do on female chars? What's the difference between a chestpieceless male char and a chestpieceless female char in this game?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.23.2013 , 08:07 PM | #3
It shows you what underneath. You didn't honestly expect them to expose naked breasts did you? Or put in place some other underwear which... oh wait there's plenty of those available
Meh...

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
01.23.2013 , 08:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
It shows you what underneath. You didn't honestly expect them to expose naked breasts did you? Or put in place some other underwear which... oh wait there's plenty of those available
The game caters to general western cultural tastes(of T rating and lower) and as a result will not have complete gear equality, so no male characters in bikinis and no topless female chars(whereas topless male chars are completely accepted).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Admiral_Petty's Avatar


Admiral_Petty
01.23.2013 , 08:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
The game caters to general western cultural tastes(of T rating and lower) and as a result will not have complete gear equality, so no male characters in bikinis and no topless female chars(whereas topless male chars are completely accepted).
Not to mention the lack of fat female characters

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.23.2013 , 08:21 PM | #6
That's a very narrow minded view, and dare I say old fashioned. Times are changing, women aren't in the kitchen anymore and our lovely gay friends aren't hiding in the closet.

Ultimately there is no reason why there can't be a slave guy outfit, it's as simple as that. Given the amount of slave girl and skimpy female outfits there are around I hardly think just one top (that doesn't even allow you to unify the rest of your outfit mind) is very balanced.

The Slave Strikes Back!
Meh...

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.23.2013 , 08:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Admiral_Petty View Post
Not to mention the lack of fat female characters
I know! It's disgraceful, men can be fat but women can only have slightly large behinds... heaven forbid a woman might actually be fat!
Meh...

Lucas_Sorrell's Avatar


Lucas_Sorrell
01.23.2013 , 09:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
heaven forbid a woman might actually be fat!
Finally, someone who gets it!
As an old friend once said... "Score one for the Republic."

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
01.23.2013 , 09:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
That's a very narrow minded view, and dare I say old fashioned. Times are changing, women aren't in the kitchen anymore and our lovely gay friends aren't hiding in the closet.

Ultimately there is no reason why there can't be a slave guy outfit, it's as simple as that. Given the amount of slave girl and skimpy female outfits there are around I hardly think just one top (that doesn't even allow you to unify the rest of your outfit mind) is very balanced.

The Slave Strikes Back!
As a female, I find it rather disheartening that we have nothing to ogle while guys can dress their female characters and companions in really skimpy outfits.
I demand tiny panties for Andronikos and my operative D:<
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.23.2013 , 09:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucas_Sorrell View Post
Finally, someone who gets it!
Damn straight! Obviously my distinct abundance of sarcasim was completely missed, but seriously if it's completely tangible for a fat lazy bastard of a Jedi to be able to do a backflip and not land flat on his face it must be possible for the developers to imagine what a rotund woman would actually look like and provide a more realistic body type 4. I mean the current one just looks... like me!
Meh...