Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

do something about WZ quitters

Sadishist
01.23.2013 , 01:41 PM | #1
Not fair that other players have to pick up after their slack and join in the middle of a losing WZ match in their place. I'd say a timeout for 5 min just like group finder desertion.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Littio
01.23.2013 , 01:46 PM | #2
Agreed, the quitters in WZ are getting rather annoying. I Q'd for a WZ yesterday and when I got in it was the last round of Voidstar and the it was basically in the last stage. i ended up getting no medals at all for that match and since I dont have the faster computer in the world it took a little bit (not an eternity) to get into and out of the WZ loading screen, time I could have spent waiting for an actual WZ.
Arielli lvl 20 Sage
Grimmadent lvl 22 PowerTech
Melicious Lvl 20 Guardian

Sadishist
01.24.2013 , 01:53 AM | #3
They just always expects their team to carry them, and jump ship if not.

Stoofa
01.24.2013 , 05:45 AM | #4
There are loads of threads on this subject already and unlike this one they have a lot of posts from people on both sides of this.
You need to read all arguments.

Sadishist
01.24.2013 , 08:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
There are loads of threads on this subject already and unlike this one they have a lot of posts from people on both sides of this.
You need to read all arguments.
Doubtful, since can't imagine one good argument for the other side.

TheBBP
01.24.2013 , 08:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
It pretty much boils down to the fact that the people who quit warzones believe that they are better than everyone else and that they do not want to waste time carrying you through PVP matches or that they are not obligated to stay once they think that the cause is lost.

Sadishist
01.24.2013 , 09:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
It pretty much boils down to the fact that the people who quit warzones believe that they are better than everyone else and that they do not want to waste time carrying you through PVP matches or that they are not obligated to stay once they think that the cause is lost.
Well since someone else has to come take their spot on the losing team...

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 09:27 AM | #8
There are several, chief among them being it is simply not fun to play with people who aren't trying.

I have as much right to leave them to the style of game they want to play as they do trying to impose a style of gameplay on the time I set aside for recreation.

Assure me a certain level of commitment and effort, and I'll stay for the duration.

Eggs

Sadishist
01.24.2013 , 10:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
There are several, chief among them being it is simply not fun to play with people who aren't trying.

I have as much right to leave them to the style of game they want to play as they do trying to impose a style of gameplay on the time I set aside for recreation.

Assure me a certain level of commitment and effort, and I'll stay for the duration.

Eggs
You haven't account for the fact that someone else has to take your spot late in a game in which they had no control over the previous scoring, unlike you. How about their recreational time that they spent waiting in the queue just to pick up your slack?

If you want to leave the game early, by all means fine. Just take a few minutes of time out before coming back in queue and expect your team to carry you and quit when they don't.

ElvisLegShaker
01.24.2013 , 10:45 AM | #10
You haven't account for the fact that someone else has to take your spot late in a game in which they had no control over the previous scoring, unlike you. How about their recreational time that they spent waiting in the queue just to pick up your slack?

If you want to leave the game early, by all means fine. Just take a few minutes of time out before coming back in queue and expect your team to carry you and quit when they don't.
Hey dippiy doo, did you read what you replied to? Just in case, here it is -

"There are several, chief among them being it is simply not fun to play with people who aren't trying.
Eggs"

No where in that did he say anything about being carried. He is more than likely ref players like you (since you show an ability not to comprehend what is being written - I imagine it affects things like "inc calls", etc...) .. you know - not even trying.

At any rate ... I agree with him. When I join a match and am trying my little heart out and no one is bothering to do anything but derping it trying to get a medal here and there for death matching it.. I tend to leave.

And before you drop your paste bucket and get all tight in the shorts, I have back filled and have, many times, got in just so i can see the end match screen. When I back fill and there is time, I look around to see what folks are doing - did the guy I replaced rage quit because of:

(1) a cap or a point lead

or did he throw his hands up in despair and say the heck with it because

(2) the team would rather lick their monitor instead of trying for objectives.

If it's (1) I'll stick around and try my little heart out. If it's (2) I'll follow his lead and head out looking for a different match.
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)