Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

mulzii
01.24.2013 , 11:50 AM | #21
they screwed the balance of the lowbie pvp with the expertise gap now, which was ridiculus..

Joesixxpack
01.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #22
A new variable I'm seeing in sub-50 on POT5 is factional. Last I played it (months ago) Pub was worse than Imp in terms of team "quality". Now it's the other way around. Pub side I'm getting decent teams more often than not.

At least on week nights and later weekend hours server time. Primetime Fri and Sat is still romper room both sides.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Ainsland
01.24.2013 , 12:02 PM | #23
Lowbie pvp has balance issues as well but the reason many find it more fun and, IMO competitive, is because there are fewer pre-mades rofl-stomping the competition. The majority of 50 pvp consists of fully geared pre-made versus pug w/at least three ppl sub-16k hp, while 10-49's are mostly pugs with the occasional 2-3 ppl queued together.

Also, the lvl 10-49 wz's don't have as big a problem with ppl leaving like lvl 50s wz's because it doesn't have the required wins weekly. My two cents.

wetslampigduex
01.24.2013 , 12:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
A new variable I'm seeing in sub-50 on POT5 is factional. Last I played it (months ago) Pub was worse than Imp in terms of team "quality". Now it's the other way around. Pub side I'm getting decent teams more often than not.

At least on week nights and later weekend hours server time. Primetime Fri and Sat is still romper room both sides.
thats cause all those fools you were rolling face on all switched to imps.

And the Gear gap can be far greater in lowbie than 50+ now since they removed BM gear. I specifically remember a WZ the other day where a lvl 49 merc healer(with 10.5khp) was ************ after defending on voidstar cause no one was pealing for him(like you ever see that in lowbies). And i told him coming in here with gear 12 lvls under you no one should peal for you, anyways ill take care of the healing. Me a lvl 42 sorc with 14.2k hp(all blue up to date gear) finished the WZ with over 500k healing and the bad arse merc had 175k.

Anyone who can't break 150k dmg in lowbies(unless your guarding with no action what so ever or its like a 3 min game) is bad plain and simple. I don't care what lvl you are I've done 250k+ as a lvl 11 sniper. I was rolling with 2 assassins while doing lowbie pvp(on my sorc) most of the time 1 tank and 1 dps. I never saw in probably 100+ matches anyone beat either one of them in dmg. More often that not it was just the tank and I and every game he's top dmg and 50k+ protection.

3/4's of the population is 95% clueless and no it's not just f2p people there were just as many bads before.

If anyone wants to face roll these bads this evening on Pot5 message Zibobo in game only 1500 reg coms left before my grind is over.

Siorac
01.24.2013 , 12:26 PM | #25
Less bubble stun, less Smash, less CC overall - that's what is better in lowbie.

The 4k Ambushes, however... two or three Snipers can totally dominate any lowbie warzone. And a LOT of players play Sniper in lowbie.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 12:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Less bubble stun, less Smash, less CC overall - that's what is better in lowbie.

The 4k Ambushes, however... two or three Snipers can totally dominate any lowbie warzone. And a LOT of players play Sniper in lowbie.
There are still bubble stuns though not as much and plenty of cc.

NoTomorrow
01.24.2013 , 12:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
There are still bubble stuns though not as much and plenty of cc.
Yes there are plenty, but since warriors get their AoE mezz as late as lvl 46, most of them are playing lowbie pvp without it, which reduces the amount of CC significantly. Same goes for Powertech AoE stun.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 12:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Yes there are plenty, but since warriors get their AoE mezz as late as lvl 46, most of them are playing lowbie pvp without it, which reduces the amount of CC significantly. Same goes for Powertech AoE stun.
I think you get it at 42, I just hit 46 on my jug and have had it for a few levels but yes aoe stuns are not to much of an issue in lowbie.

cashogy_reborn
01.24.2013 , 12:33 PM | #29
meh, i do not find lowbie PvP that enjoyable. its a good break from questing and gives decent xp, but the shenanigans that one must put up with can be trying to even the most patient person.

tho i supposed i deserve some of it as karmic retribution; i was taking my powertech into wzs from 45-49 with barely 10k health. didnt feel like gearing him up anymore after level 35 lol. i received lots of grief for that
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Joesixxpack
01.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
thats cause all those fools you were rolling face on all switched to imps.
*snip*
If anyone wants to face roll these bads this evening on Pot5 message Zibobo in game only 1500 reg coms left before my grind is over.
Haha lucky timing then. Also for an Op med that's 49 now. All the easy bleeders helped me level quicker.
If I play tonight I'll look for that toon.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE