Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

stuffystuffs
01.23.2013 , 10:26 AM | #11
I was cool with lowbie WZs until I jumped in with a lvl 11 Scoundrel. Oh the pain!

I think 'fun factor' depends on what class you play (I found that, say, Powertechs can still melt face at lvl 11-20...it was kind of fun topping the dps chart at lvl 14).

Eventually, my Scoundrel will hit lvl 40 and be insanely uber vs lvl 20s and it will be kind of boring.

So...I typically don't find lowbie WZs fun but I do them to get comms saved and XP.

-IceHawk-
01.23.2013 , 10:28 AM | #12
Lowbie PVP is awesome due to a number of reasons:

Facing hordes of players who lack numerous abilities, cannot finish out a single actual Skill Tree, are just learning their rotations, and do not have proper gear, all culminating in a massive advantage for higher level and experienced players obviously has nothing to do with it...

itsmymillertime
01.23.2013 , 10:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
The only way lowbie pvp is fun is if you're twinked and have like 6-8k more hp than everyone else and 2-3 shot them. That doesn't make the pvp better than 50 people just because you're too lazy to grind out your gear to be on the top tier.
or your tired of 50 pvp and want something different to do in pvp. I am rolling alts to play lowbie pvp since I am tired of gear grinding level 50 pvp gear. And I am smart to not grind EWH gear since the difference is <2% vs WH. I play for fun while having meaningful progress.

Xerain
01.23.2013 , 10:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
That sounds like the opposite of fun.
It's as much fun as playing smash spec... lol worthy for a few games then you just start feeling like a moron.

Xerain
01.23.2013 , 10:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
or your tired of 50 pvp and want something different to do in pvp. I am rolling alts to play lowbie pvp since I am tired of gear grinding level 50 pvp gear. And I am smart to not grind EWH gear since the difference is <2% vs WH. I play for fun while having meaningful progress.
That's why I wouldn't GRIND EWH either... But i would bother with getting the biggest upgrades like armorings and relics.

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 11:16 AM | #16
I am quite enjoying the lowbie warzone experience, when I last played the 50s were with all the rest. I still get annoyed when I see a level 10 in there, but I guess you get spint on creation now anyway. Whatever.

Sometimes you get rolled, sometimes you roll, every now and then you have a really good match. Last night in Novare we got behind 100-48, but it finished at 12-0. What's with the nancies that turtle when the game starts to go poorly? It was basically 5 against 8 late in that game because 3 guys are just trying to get a defensive medal or two? What? lol

I just quit hutbull, it was fun back in the day on my trooper (I suspect that will not be the case in 50 WZ), but I don't really love it enough to play it more than once every few days.

Hell, what I really love about Novare is that you can really get some 1v1s in there. That's fantastic.

NoFishing
01.23.2013 , 11:40 AM | #17
Lowbie PvP can occasionally be fun, but I mostly I find it terrible. It's like amateur hour, with a bunch of people too busy chasing 1v1s to care about objectives, and level 40+s that top the damage charts at 75-100k. Huttball is the absolute worst, with most matches ending 1-0 or 1-1.

ArchangelLBC
01.24.2013 , 11:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Not just bubble stuns.

I have two low lvl characters around lvl20 and even the lvl49 enemies can be killed with them. Gap between lvl20 and lvl49 is smaller then a WH vs. EWH gear in lvl50. This is the problem. Gear gap.

In EWH there is a good chance with some classes to onehit / twohit / threehit people which completely ruins the experience for the victims. In 10-49 bracket this is not an issue. Some good assasins maybe have the chance to kill somebody with 3 hits but this is rare.

Smashers also have limited power in 10-49 compared to 50.

So on, so on... I think we can expand the list for a long time.

LVl10-49 seems more balanced than lvl50 and lot of people enjoys more because of it.
Gear gap between WH and EWH is pretty tiny. Gear gap between someone in lowbie pvp in way out dated gear vs someone in current blues is much larger tbh, and any Combat Sentinel with PS can kill someone in 3 GCDs.

Biggest single difference for me was seriously the lack of bubble stuns.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Technohic
01.24.2013 , 11:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
While it is true a level 20 can kill a 49 (I have done it) it usually means that higher level toon was just, bad. 10-49 is an unbalanced joke. No gear gap? Gear is as big in 10-49 as it is in the 50's. 10-49 sucks as a higher level toon will be a wrecking ball in the hands of someone who knows how to play it. Most classes don't come together until late 30's and when they start getting their tools it just becomes so much easier over a level 15 who has like 3 buttons they spam over and over until they run out of resources.

If I had it my way I would never set foot in a low level warzone but given the fact that you need to max out comms that's just not possible.
I am hoping for more weapons to email mods across legacy so that I really can avoid sub-50. Abilities are not balanced and you also have HUGE discrepancies in player skills. I don't want to call them "bad" in a derogatory term, but just a lot of them might actually be new to the game or whatever other excuse I will give them.

I have been trying to level toons in all ACs (or a mirror) and I think that is what had started to drive the game into the ground for me. I just can't stomach it any longer. Time to gear the 4 50s I have and I will revisit the other 4 down the road when I have the patience.

Carter_Mathis
01.24.2013 , 11:45 AM | #20
It's not so much that the classes are any more balanced or that there isn't a gear gap (since twinks exist), it's that Everyone. Is. Horrible. If you do well in 50 pvp then you stomp through pre-50 and if you are bad at 50 pvp, you're either at home in pre-50 or maybe even a little good Any warzone where the dps actually strive to get that 75k damage medal is just sad
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder